PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth working fine..uninstalled all aasus apps.. doesn't work anymore

Yisera
02-04-2012, 07:49 AM
So as the title says.. my bluetoth doesn't work anymore :( .. I installed the atheros bluetooth/wlan app that is posted on the divers/to do's post. still it doesn't work. At the begginnig it connected just well with my phone which a samsung galaxy 3.. (gt i5800) and just shortly after uninstalling this bunch of apps from asus.. it stopped working.. I don't know what to do. Please help!

PS- There's not even any bluetooth devices showing on my pc which might seem that it aint detecting the card? but i do receive wireless signal from my router though.

PILGRIM
02-04-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm (still) using Atheros, too. When you said you installed "the atheros bluetooth/wlan app",
did you mean you installed:
1. Atheros AR9002WB-1NG WiFi v9.2.1.470 (wireless LAN) and
2. Atheros 3304 7.4.0.98 Bluetooth Drivers?

We need to install both for WiFi and Bluetooth..

Yisera
02-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Yup I installed both of them. Wifi works just fine, bluetooth however doesn't recognize either my phone.. my other laptop or my friends galaxy player. No idea why. :(

panth3ra
02-04-2012, 08:36 PM
did you try " wireless console 3 " ?
also in device manager all is fine?

Yisera
02-04-2012, 11:51 PM
i uninstalled wireless console 3 like I stated before saying that I uninstalled all ASUS apps. :( Uhm yeah on device manager the bluetooth bus says it's working fine same with the atheros wlan driver. they both say to be working properly.

Not sure what else to do know :/

PILGRIM
02-05-2012, 01:35 AM
i uninstalled wireless console 3 like I stated before...

Re-install Wireless Console 3. The Wireless Console 3 is for the hot key.
Use the hot key (fn + f2) to activate both bluetooth and wifi.

Note: The bluetooth can also be deactivated/reactivated by pressing fn+f2.
When the Wireless Console 3 icon appears at the middle-bottom part of the screen,
click the mouse to the bluetooth icon.

Yisera
02-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Re-install Wireless Console 3. The Wireless Console 3 is for the hot key.
Use the hot key (fn + f2) to activate both bluetooth and wifi.

Note: The bluetooth can also be deactivated/reactivated by pressing fn+f2.
When the Wireless Console 3 icon appears at the middle-bottom part of the screen,
click the mouse to the bluetooth icon.

I did this and it didn't work at all.. For some reason windows tells me to make sure the bluetooth radio is plugged in. No idea what it means but I haven't disconnected anything. :/

PILGRIM
02-05-2012, 09:30 AM
1. Have you ticked the "Discovery" box in Bluetooth Settings?
(Go to Taskbar's hidden menu panel, right click bluetooth icon, click "Open Settings")

2. Have you change settings of your phone into "Discoverable" mode?

3. Have you added your phone as a bluetooth device in the laptop?
(Go to Taskbar's hidden menu panel, right click bluetooth icon, click "Add a Device")

4. If you've done all steps, go to "Show Bluetooth Devices", click on your phone icon to open.

Yisera
02-05-2012, 05:01 PM
I did all of this. I click add device.. Never adds them either my other laptop or my phone. My phone is discoverable I'm sure of that. When I go into my start menu and type in bluetooth... the file transfer via bluetooth option appears.. when I click on that one and select receive files it automatically says windows couldn't receive files. Check the bluetooth radio is plugged in or something like that.

These are my drivers:

Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network adapter --> 9.2.1.470
Atheros Bluetooth Bus ----------------------------------------------> 7.4.0.90

I'm pretty sure I downloaded both drivers from here in the drivers..utilities and to do's thread.