PDA

View Full Version : *RESOLVED* ASUS RMA Nightmare (Russian edition) v.2

McCoy
07-31-2018, 02:35 PM
case resolved!!! Replacement received!!!

Faith in asus restored!!!

McCoy
07-31-2018, 03:17 PM
Since now, i will post all activities and ASUS replies EVERY DAY.

Let's start from DAY 47 since my GL502VSK got to RMA.

ASUS Support replied that my PC was bought in America (though, no articulation of which America)

McCoy
08-01-2018, 10:48 AM
ASUS Customer Loyalty team from US replied that they can't recognize RMA number in their system.

I've sent proof pics and waiting for answer.

McCoy
08-02-2018, 05:04 PM
ASUS finally contacted me. Well, it might be considered as good news: next week i will receive a paper (an act). But i don't who will give it.
I should scan, and send it to ASUS. And they will offer me a replacement.
Looking forward next week.

McCoy
08-07-2018, 08:54 AM
Day 50 (8/3/2018) ASUS North American employees answering time-to-time
Day 51 (8/4/2018) Weekend
Day 52 (8/5/2018) Weekend
Day 53 (8/6/2018) Gently reminded ASUS CIS Support that i'm still holding dispute. I think they @intentionally forget@ me and my case (they've asked for my s|n once again). No problem, i'll remind them )

McCoy
08-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Well, i've contacted Global Associate Product Marketing Manager (ASUS Republic of Gamers) and told him about my problem. He didn't reply as expected.

Waiting for answer from ASUS CIS support ... they FORGOT my s|n as i did realized from letter received yesterday.

McCoy
08-08-2018, 12:48 PM
Mr. Global Associate Product Marketing Manager (ASUS Republic of Gamers) replied and received e-mail from me with detailed information considerning my RMA case.

Local ASUS Support replied yesterday: "We will contact in matter of week." 3 weeks ago they replied same way.
RMA Service replied by phone: "We know nothing. Contact ASUS directly."

No replacement, no laptop, no information. Doing research on court law cases - preparing for worse.

McCoy
08-09-2018, 01:12 PM
Decide to write to ASUS yesterday two letters:

1. First letter considering that they should eventually start replacement process.
2. Second considering on what model it should be replaced.

Received a reply today, that "We won't start until you receive documents."

Wrote back, and asked for additional documents which required by Russian law.

Thank you ASUS ROG, good for you ... forfeit penny everyday - ~20$+ since day 45 )

McCoy
08-10-2018, 08:14 PM
Well, it's something. I've made a journey to RMA service center, and didn't received this "act". Though ... i di a great conversation with senior engineer.

A while ago he called me ask to bring box & PSU. At 6PM i successfully received this piece of paper. A very friendly senior engineer made a digitial copy, which i've sent to ASUS.

Have a great weekend guys, bye bye.

McCoy
08-13-2018, 07:39 AM
Did a lot of research on weekend, it's prominent that local support are trying to evade contact with me.

It's been an ages, and i do believe that guys could just call me and tell all the things that happening and time that estimated to resolve this.

Looking forward next week.

Cheer guys, you got to fight for you rights for RMA.

McCoy
08-13-2018, 07:42 AM
No replies nor news considering replacement and compensation yet received. I'm get very bored and anxious about ASUS. Really don't get why they behave such way.

ASUS North America support vanished after promising me that this case will be forwarded to their leads: well, it might reached them. Though, no actions have been taken by local teams.

Waiting for ASUS to reply.

Tomorrow, 14 of August, will be 2nd month since i give them my laptop. Probably, it is some kind of anniversary: so i'm going to take my girlfriend for a dinner discussing how bad this is living 2 month without your gaming laptop.

UPD: ASUS decided to reply my mails (thank you very much). They saying that replacement process will take 3-4 weeks! What the hell they are going to do in 3-4 weeks?

So currently, ASUS seems that it is fine to take dispute in 90 DAYS!

McCoy
08-14-2018, 07:22 AM
Such a shame ASUS knows how dissapointed i am - they do nothing, even saying "we're sorry"
https://pics.me.me/were-sorry-sorry-via-9gag-com-14012675.png

Most vicious aspect - is that some employees from worldwide ASUS branches answering my mails, but it seems they do literally nothing.

So i am sitting here and enjoying blogging on this forum.

DEAR ASUS EMPLOYEE WHO EVER YOU ARE (CEO, VICE PRESIDENT, TECHNICAL OFFICERS, SENIOR ENGINEERS, SOCIAL MEDIA GUYS)
SOMEBODY!
SOMEONE!
PLEASE CONTACT ME - PLEASE HELP! I DID NOTHING WRONG AND I MEAN NO HARM!
!WAKE ME UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE!

McCoy
08-15-2018, 10:32 AM
Well please join me on this very special occasion - 2nd month has passed.

First of all, i want to thank the local community:
xeromist - a really nice guys who watching this outrage ) Thank you, kindly.
cl-adrian - an another nice guys, who replies and investigates this case from another continent (local ASUS doesn't reply him too).
cl-justin - who also replies and tries to help.

Please notice that ASUS employees do read this thread and try to help and resolve this issue.

Unfortunately, it seems that local ASUS doesn't wish to collaborate.

McCoy
08-16-2018, 08:34 AM
Local ASUS staying silent. They haven't sent available options for replacement or any valuable information.

If you have anybody from ASUS - please ask them to contact me directly.

McCoy
08-17-2018, 09:35 AM
Just another day. Enjoying the silence from ASUS.

Happy weekend folks

MasterC@ROG
08-21-2018, 01:30 AM
Our team in Russia informed me that they contacted you already, did they reach you? They will be providing you a replacement.

McCoy
08-22-2018, 09:12 AM
Our team in Russia informed me that they contacted you already, did they reach you? They will be providing you a replacement.

True! They've contacted me and i'm waiting for replacement.

Finally i've reached understandable replies from local ASUS.

xeromist, MasterC - thank you very much. My respect!

I leave thread for some time, and write when it's finally over.

Thank you very much!

McCoy
08-27-2018, 10:55 AM
No interesting news. Still waiting for replacement. It seems that i will receive replacement this week.

OMG, 74 days!

McCoy
08-29-2018, 08:21 AM
ASUS promised that replacement laptop will be received by local ASUS office at 8/28/2018.

Guess what?
It wasn't.

McCoy
08-30-2018, 08:17 AM
Well ...

It's really strange behavior to promise something and then vanish. I've used to do so when i was 5 years old.

Tomorrow, Friday, will be last day that ASUS promised to provide me a replacement. There putting so much money into marketing expenditures, maybe improving RMA is better idea to raise goodwil of a brand?

I don't even know, you really think those guys choose the right job?
UPD: ASUS eventually contacted me. They received laptop and will send it to RMA in near future.

DAY 77

McCoy
08-31-2018, 02:08 PM
Well ...

UPD: ASUS eventually contacted me. They received laptop and will send it to RMA in near future.

DAY 77

This "NEAR FUTURE" was not today. Hope it will be the last weekend without gaming.

Looking forward next week. Wish everyone great weekend!

DAY 78

McCoy
09-03-2018, 12:26 PM
DAY 79

DAY 80

DAY 81

Local ASUS is dead silent.

Bloody headache ...

McCoy
09-04-2018, 12:42 PM
DAY 82

Local ASUS wrote that there will be no replacement until such procedure is approved by head unit. "WTF?" you ask. "BFYTW!" i will answer.

82 days ago i left my laptop at RMA service ... I hardly could imagine that this will take about 3 months.

OMG ASUS you're ripping apart all the good memories which we had together:
- my first experience with overclocking Q6600 with Commando board (YEEES!! IT"S STILL ALIVE!)
- my frirst watercooling loop on Maximus II Formula with Q9650.

You were diamond brand until i encountered so-called RMA ... It's totally worthless.

McCoy
09-04-2018, 02:05 PM
Local ASUS wrote that there will be no replacement until such procedure is approved by head unit.

Looks like ASUS is holding out until HEAD UNIT makes a decision.

https://www.truthinadvertising.org/asus-rog-strix-gl502vs-and-gl502vsk-laptops/

http://www.classactionsreporter.com/sites/default/files/asus_defective_battery_laptop_complaint.pdf

Local ASUS wrote that there will be no replacement until such procedure is approved by head unit.

Looks like ASUS is holding out until HEAD UNIT makes a decision.

https://www.truthinadvertising.org/a...02vsk-laptops/

http://www.classactionsreporter.com/..._complaint.pdf

OMG WHY THE HELL THEY DIDN'T REPLACE IT ASAP?

xeromist
09-04-2018, 07:04 PM
OT posts removed. Just a reminder that the Service Inquiries section is not for discussion. Please do not post in this section unless you are the OP or an ASUS representative. If you would like to discuss, PM the author or post in another section. Thank you.

McCoy
09-05-2018, 10:34 AM
OT posts removed. Just a reminder that the Service Inquiries section is not for discussion. Please do not post in this section unless you are the OP or an ASUS representative. If you would like to discuss, PM the author or post in another section. Thank you.

OK, wasn't my fault.

Well ...
DAY 83

Once again, local ASUS decided not to answer to any of my e-mails. RMA service replied by phone that they know nothing about replacement, and they have no news considering my case.

I'm curios:
When those guys decide to provide replacement?
Why it takes 83+ days to do this?
Isn't it enough to manufacture a new piece of a laptop?

I will be soooooo happy if somebody tell me the answers.

McCoy
09-06-2018, 08:17 AM

Replacement still not provided.

No replies from local ASUS - they just ignore my e-mails.

Once again, all promises and deadlines broke. ASUS exceed my worst expectations. And today, is the ...

DAY 84

MasterC@ROG
09-07-2018, 01:19 AM
I was informed that a replacement was offered on the 17th August, let me look into this for you.

McCoy
09-07-2018, 07:43 AM
I was informed that a replacement was offered on the 17th August, let me look into this for you.

Thank you MasterC@ASUS,

Yes, it was, and i accepted they offer. They promised that process will be done in 2 weeks (3 weeks past today). At this point they vanished, without giving me replacement, nor replying to me by e-mails. And today, is the ...

DAY 85

McCoy
09-10-2018, 08:35 AM
DAYS 86-87-88

ASUS replied that replacement still not approved.

It's a freakin' joke to do RMA for 88 days.

McCoy
09-11-2018, 10:09 AM
Wow ... boom! It's ...

DAY 89

Tomorrow will be the last day for service and warranty set by Russian law.

I don't even knew that it RMA can take 90 days ... I couldn't imagine that this is possible.

McCoy
09-12-2018, 08:12 AM
omg it"s day 90!!!!

McCoy
09-13-2018, 07:52 AM
Everything is the same: no replacement (even no ETA), no replies, no communication. On the ...

DAY 91

MasterC@ROG
09-13-2018, 09:55 AM
As explained via private message, our local team is working to resolve the issue. I have provided you updates and will continue to do so. It is not necessary to provide daily updates on the subject. Please stop, any further posts will be deleted. Thank you.

McCoy
09-13-2018, 10:32 AM
As explained via private message, our local team is working to resolve the issue. I have provided you updates and will continue to do so. It is not necessary to provide daily updates on the subject. Please stop, any further posts will be deleted. Thank you.

OK (3 characters)