PDA

View Full Version : Dead G73Jh???

fireswordbrandau
02-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Did a restore to factory settings, machine will not boot. Powers on, lights come on, HDD light blinks, but nothing on the screen. Machine boots for about 2 seconds then powers off!

dstrakele
02-05-2012, 03:56 AM
Do the recommendations in this post (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?10170-G74SX-Doesn-t-boot&p=68983&viewfull=1#post68983) help?

evgasr2
02-05-2012, 06:46 AM
hey your vga is the culprit. but you will be able to rma it. Because Im having the issue with my g73jh.
and does your keyboard light up , if it does then there is an expected method to recover you g73, mine also light up but I dont have onboard vga so its a must to me to replace vga and im out of warrenty, but for you this method mite work.
press power button for 15second (dont hold it, just press) right after you press power button. and press up arrow key and enter now your in bios but blindly (nothing on screen) then press f9 and enter and f10 and enter then your laptop will restart keyboard will light up again, if this happens i can help you to get your g73 back to life. tell me what happens

dabigin
02-05-2012, 06:53 AM
What was the reason of the restore? Just curious about that.

I do not know how long you have had the laptop or the operating conditions you have. Can you explain in detail what happened to the point you got the black screen?

To me it sounds like its either a Memory Issue or a Video Issue or just a Motherboard issue.

All 3 can produce the problem your having. I would say check to see if the memory is seated (but look at your manual to see if it voids warranty first). If the bio's screen does not load up then Its Most likely a video or motherboard issue.

fireswordbrandau
02-09-2012, 02:41 AM
Ok, here's what happened... Had the system for about 2yrs. I was just having a lot of different buggy stuff going on with it, weird lockups, certain programs that used to work starting locking up the system. However, the system would keep locking up on Windows load until i pulled the battery out and then pulled the AC adapter out...

Anyways, figured it was some driver update that started skrewing stuff up, did the restore, had the problems i started the thread with.

Took it back to Best Buy, they originally tried to say it was a software issue, which is not covered by my accidental damage protection. They eventually decided to send it to their repair shop because the gfx card was getting extremely hot while the machine was just sitting there, powered on but with nothing on the screen.

Still waiting to see what's going to happen... but i'll post with whatever they diagnose.

fostert
02-09-2012, 03:19 AM
Happy 2000th post Brody! Cakes and all...three cheers! :)

Raja@ASUS
02-10-2012, 12:12 AM
The thread was tidied by one of the moderators. If you folks get any more bother of this nature from evgasr2 please let us know and he will receive a permanent ban. We will not tolerate such abuse on this forum.

chrsplmr
02-10-2012, 03:29 AM
well played..thank you good sir.

fireswordbrandau
02-18-2012, 05:04 AM
Just got my computer back from Geek Squad... they said the problem was the hdd. Have to do another recovery, they wanted to charge me for them to do it...

dstrakele
02-18-2012, 09:05 PM
That's good information, @fireswordbrandau! Please let us know if the ASUS Factory Restore or a clean Windows 7 installation results in a problem-free laptop.