PDA

View Full Version : Forum Re-arrangement due 5th-6th Feb

_
02-05-2012, 03:47 AM
Just a heads up - we're largely re-arranging the forum layout at some point over the next two days, so the forum might be down for a few hours. No posts will be lost, it's just a reorg to make things more efficient.

Thanks!

HiVizMan
02-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Thank you for the heads up.

DaemonCantor
02-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Ok that will be a good time to Kill n00b's! Thank you for the warning...I'm warming up Crysis 2 now!

chrsplmr
02-05-2012, 03:06 PM
bless you good Sir... ill put on my seat belt...

no... not that it will crash... in case it gets bumpy...

.. i was thinking about giving up ROG to start drinking again.. but
its just starting to get real good...

brought to you by:

ROG FOR A DRUG FREE WORLD... or is that 'a legally drugged world'...
Yes....High on ROG....the best buzz of the year.c.

_
02-06-2012, 04:31 AM
We're back. Almost. I tried to do it while you lot were watching the superbowl or the rest of the world was asleep.

I still have to:

> Move all the article discussion articles (will take a while)
> Close the RMA forum at the bottom next Monday, due to how our support has changed. If you still have pending issues or want threads moved out - let me know beforehand.

Other than that, I hope you all like the new layout. Please take a week or two to get used to it and if you still object, we'll take the reasons onboard and look at further revisions if necessary.

DaemonCantor
02-06-2012, 04:43 AM
Ok I understand the need to update the forum or possibly rearrange it to confuse us more, but what I don't understand is taking down the information on RMA's and Warranties. with this info gone how are the people going to know what to do or who to contact for help?

_
02-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Ok I understand the need to update the forum or possibly rearrange it to confuse us more, but what I don't understand is taking down the information on RMA's and Warranties. with this info gone how are the people going to know what to do or who to contact for help?

Because it's too generic. 95% of people post a thread related to their hardware in the rampage/maximus/crosshair/vga/g-series forums and it gets handled from there. The useful sticky threads will be moved out and we're contemplating replacing the one generic forum with a sub-forum for each country that has a sub-site: North America, Benelux, so local users know where to go and our teams don't have to look at every thread.

The forum re-arrangement today has been to simplify things by reducing the number of forums and putting the community forums at the top. We've taken a leaf out of Corsair's book and the excellent forum they provide here.
Also from today we'll be republishing the entire content of front page posts in discussion threads, so forum users who don't visit the front page will still get to see the content without having to click through.

DaemonCantor
02-06-2012, 05:48 AM
Ah, ok, I was worried that the helpful would be lost. I know it did help me at one point. plus I guess it would be better to be posted where every body does go for help. I guess you folks have been studying web layout a lot lately. Well now that the scare is over I guess I'll go to bed and rest my worn out brain before I get Brain Damage....:D

_
02-06-2012, 06:03 AM
:D

We've just added a ROG Sound and Peripherals forum at the bottom. Perhaps a little late given the Vulcan has been out a few months already, but certainly in time for ThunderFX and Xonar Phoebus ;)

_
02-06-2012, 08:28 AM
I've re-added the important/sticky thread sub-forums to the G series and Rampage - repopulating them over the next week.