PDA

View Full Version : Very slow boot during 'Republic of Gamers' logo - Asus Rog G752VY

JaJe92
08-22-2018, 06:14 PM
Hello

For I own this Asus ROG G752VY-GC178T with Windows 10 x64 PRO as OS. For a long time I have an issue which I decided today to open a thread since I didn't found any solution for my problem yet.

While I boot up my laptop Its freeze the image on "Republic of Gamers" logo for too long, between 30-45 seconds and then when my image start flickers for a millisecond and then it show up the cursor mouse its starting loading faster the window and login.

I know I don't have any SSD Issue because I have tested it and I see no error.

I tried the following:
1. Upgrading my nVidia card to the latest version (tried both full install and minimal install, driver only without bloat) - No change.
2. I have upgraded my BIOS version to 304 which is the latest - No change
3. From bios I tried disabling the fast boot which I already had activated - No change
4. Checked power option, I only have balanced and not high performace, yet I checked everything to works on high performance while plug-in.

I have latest updates from Microsoft, disabled unnecesarry startup applications, everything works fine, no slow downs during work or gaming.

Anyone know how to deal with this? It's become absurd this thing and I don't what else to do.

Specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ 2.60GHz, Skylake™, 17.3", Full HD, IPS, 16GB, 1TB + 128GB SSD, Blu-Ray, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB

Rob W.
08-22-2018, 07:29 PM
I thought fast boot should be enabled, otherwise the bios does a full check of all components which is what causes the long post.
Try fast boot enabled again, *

JaJe92
08-22-2018, 09:22 PM
Tried, no change. I suspect Windows 10 conflicting with Asus Bios with something but I don't really know what.

Any other tips?

Darnassus
08-23-2018, 01:00 AM
You're making absolutely no exaggeration, correct? You've timed this via Stopwatch? If not, can you do so and note down your recordings?

From Button Push, to Desktop, give or take 1-2 seconds for having to go through the login window and putting in my password, I took 12 seconds boot time.

My ROG Logo was 7-8 seconds of that 12.

My Fastboot is DISABLED (Causes issues with drivers)

Image flicker is fine, this is a pink screen with 3 lines, correct? I assume this is VSync enabling. Unsure, but it's normal to all models.

You could Reinstall Win10 if you're still on the factory image. The Latest Win10 installation has the NVMe drivers installed in it, (as far as I've experienced, if not, I can give you a copy) and is easy to setup.

JaJe92
08-24-2018, 11:19 AM
No, I'm not exaggerate when I say that its take at least 30 seconds to boot, all because of the ROG logo freeze. Since my laptop came with Windows 10 Home edition, I had to buy Windows 10 PRO because I had to work with some features which Windows 10 Home edition doesn't have. (Why the hell are you still selling computers with pre-installed windows?)

Anyway,
I checked this old thread with same problem as I:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81854-ASUS-G752VY-Slow-start-Problem

But this didn't really helped me in this case.

If this forum cannot help me at all, where I can talk directly with the Asus support team?

cl-Albert
08-24-2018, 04:27 PM
If this forum cannot help me at all, where I can talk directly with the Asus support team?

Hi,

If you want to reach your local ASUS support, check the page below, or if you purchased the system locally, you may also want to check with your store to see if they have more information about it.

https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs
(https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs)

Did you have a chance to check it before you upgraded to Win10 Pro?
Wondering if there might be something in the software related to this.

Thanks.

Clintlgm
08-25-2018, 03:20 AM
Hello

For I own this Asus ROG G752VY-GC178T with Windows 10 x64 PRO as OS. For a long time I have an issue which I decided today to open a thread since I didn't found any solution for my problem yet.

While I boot up my laptop Its freeze the image on "Republic of Gamers" logo for too long, between 30-45 seconds and then when my image start flickers for a millisecond and then it show up the cursor mouse its starting loading faster the window and login.

I know I don't have any SSD Issue because I have tested it and I see no error.

I tried the following:
1. Upgrading my nVidia card to the latest version (tried both full install and minimal install, driver only without bloat) - No change.
2. I have upgraded my BIOS version to 304 which is the latest - No change
3. From bios I tried disabling the fast boot which I already had activated - No change
4. Checked power option, I only have balanced and not high performace, yet I checked everything to works on high performance while plug-in.

I have latest updates from Microsoft, disabled unnecesarry startup applications, everything works fine, no slow downs during work or gaming.

Anyone know how to deal with this? It's become absurd this thing and I don't what else to do.

Specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ 2.60GHz, Skylake™, 17.3", Full HD, IPS, 16GB, 1TB + 128GB SSD, Blu-Ray, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB

I suspect that you have screwed some driver loading by the "Disabled Unnecessary Startup Applications' something that you have disabled is causing windows to go find a driver to replace it to continue loading? What are these unnecessary applications that you have disabled?

JaJe92
08-25-2018, 01:03 PM
I suspect that you have screwed some driver loading by the "Disabled Unnecessary Startup Applications' something that you have disabled is causing windows to go find a driver to replace it to continue loading? What are these unnecessary applications that you have disabled?

From Startup I've disabled all softwares which are starting once I login like Microsoft Onedrive, Steam, Discord, Nvstlink (dunno what is it), Windows Defender (I have another antivirus instead), Intel Delayed launcher.

While from Services, check attachment the services I've disabled.

I dunno what else can cause this issues.

R5Eandme
08-25-2018, 02:02 PM
From Startup I've disabled all softwares which are starting once I login like Microsoft Onedrive, Steam, Discord, Nvstlink (dunno what is it), Windows Defender (I have another antivirus instead), Intel Delayed launcher.

You have disabled many auto startup features, and it certainly seems plausible that Windows has to re-enable something to get booted up. For example, you've disabled Windows Defender. It is best to let your antivirus do that for you. With third party anti-virus, you still need the Windows Defender Security Center to be enabled for example. A MacAfee tech told me that components of Windows Defender work in the background.

As a test, I would restore all of the startup disables that you have done. If that restores a faster boot, then you can more judiciously explore what you can safely disable.

Clintlgm
08-25-2018, 04:48 PM

After turning back on all the stuff you turned off, your still not booting correctly, you may have to use DISM Tools to repair your system

Open a Admin Command Prompt
copy and paste each tool one at a time, be patient some will take quite a while to repair your system

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
SFC /scannow
chkdsk C: /f this one will prompt your to answer Yes or Y to proceed to reboot and run.

JaJe92
09-09-2018, 11:12 AM
After turning back on all the stuff you turned off, your still not booting correctly, you may have to use DISM Tools to repair your system

Open a Admin Command Prompt
copy and paste each tool one at a time, be patient some will take quite a while to repair your system

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
SFC /scannow
chkdsk C: /f this one will prompt your to answer Yes or Y to proceed to reboot and run.

Hello,
I'm sorry for long late reply. I had some problems and I couldn't finish this.

Today I did all above you asked me to do, while watching the results on Command prompt and Event viewer for chkdsk I saw absolutelly no problem. No corrupted files, no bads, etc.. I also decided to cronometrate the boot time and I found out that the boot time is way long than I thought before. 3:30 minutes only to start flickering and finally to load the windows faster.

Again, during the chkdsk I found an interesting behaviour. After setting chkdsk, I restart the computer, during the logo of the asus, in less than 30 seconds it start showing me info about checking disk. Once was done (and it was done pretty fast, maximum 1 minute I think) I expected to start loading windows but no, remain frozen on the logo for a few minutes as usually before starting up.

Anything else to do?

Gustave
09-09-2018, 03:05 PM
Try switchting off Hibernation if you have not already done so.

Open an elevated (as Administrator) Command prompt and type: powercfg.exe /hibernate off

It helped my G752VY boot a lot faster.

bazzarooney
09-09-2018, 03:24 PM
Try formatting the offline file cache, we come across issues with slow boot and shutdown a lot at work and this fixes it (even on desktops where it's not enabled). Run the following from an elevated command prompt:

REG ADD "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CSC\Paramet ers" /v FormatDatabase /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

JaJe92
09-10-2018, 09:03 AM
Hello,
I did that above with adding registry values and I aready have hibernation turned off. Still did not help. Took long boot on restart.

JaJe92
09-12-2018, 10:13 PM
Any other help?

Darnassus
09-13-2018, 12:55 AM
Have you reinstalled Windows 10? ;x

If so, then there's nothing software based that can help I thinks..

JaJe92
09-13-2018, 09:01 PM
No,
I didn't reinstalled Windows and I prefer to find a solution rather than reinstalling the OS.

ClaytonKing
02-02-2019, 05:07 PM
I have the same or similar issues with my STRIX GL703. The RIG logo appears for literally 30 seconds. Then the windows “spinner” goes for 3 full minutes. Then I get the Windows login screen.*

Clintlgm
02-04-2019, 05:21 PM
Hello,
I'm sorry for long late reply. I had some problems and I couldn't finish this.

Today I did all above you asked me to do, while watching the results on Command prompt and Event viewer for chkdsk I saw absolutelly no problem. No corrupted files, no bads, etc.. I also decided to cronometrate the boot time and I found out that the boot time is way long than I thought before. 3:30 minutes only to start flickering and finally to load the windows faster.

Again, during the chkdsk I found an interesting behaviour. After setting chkdsk, I restart the computer, during the logo of the asus, in less than 30 seconds it start showing me info about checking disk. Once was done (and it was done pretty fast, maximum 1 minute I think) I expected to start loading windows but no, remain frozen on the logo for a few minutes as usually before starting up.

Anything else to do?

Yes sounds like your having a driver loading issue either a bad driver or your system is looking for a driver that is not available. Since you were able to compete the DISM repairs you don't have a windows 10 issue. However is suspect that windows has installed a windows native driver and your notebook is not liking it. I would suggest you download the latest drivers from Asus support download (https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/) and uninstall then reinstall all your hardware drivers its probably something simple like Nvidia or Bluetooth or Wi-Fi driver could be any one of them. Chipset drivers and IME one of these is probably causing your issue.

JaJe92
06-08-2019, 06:42 PM
After more than a year since I had this issue without finding any solution but waiting to the logo for a few minutes before it started, today my problem is solved.

Look like Windows was the problem all the time as I suspected. I had Windows 10 PRO x64 version 1803 and I upgraded to 1903 and the problem just solved itself.

I leave this information for future people which might have the same issue as I.

raju2529
06-10-2019, 06:45 AM
disable startup items. disable background apps.
enable fast start up in power settings.
enable fast boot in bios.uninstall unused or rare applications.
Use autorun.exe software, disable hidden startup items.
use ccleaner.exe delete all waste registry keys.

Amr Nada
06-27-2019, 03:17 PM
After more than a year since I had this issue without finding any solution but waiting to the logo for a few minutes before it started, today my problem is solved.

Look like Windows was the problem all the time as I suspected. I had Windows 10 PRO x64 version 1803 and I upgraded to 1903 and the problem just solved itself.

I leave this information for future people which might have the same issue as I.

my laptop (G752VT) got the same issue (I guess), I also updated windows to latest, bios and everything (new clean windows installation)

but still it take a bit time until it shows the ROG logo ..

so once I press power button, the screen will stay black for much time, then the logo will appear

do u have the fast boot enabled or disabled?