PDA

View Full Version : ROG Armoury II - v2.06.05 [Report any issues here]

MasterC@ASUS
08-23-2018, 09:29 AM
Armoury II 2.06.05 is now available through Live Update.

Release Notes:
1. Added support for TUF Gaming K5 keyboard.

GeorgeKps
08-23-2018, 08:14 PM
Probably the most annoying issue is the fact that Asus doesn't pay attention to simple user requests. I'll explain.

It would be GREAT if you were able to manually set the color values you want just like you can in the Aura software. Or, you could change color effects on unlinked hardware in Aura instead of having "link hardware" as the only option when clicking on it.

An example. Having the m/board and GPU synced on a set color + effect (like breathing) with unlinked keyboard set to a specific color + static is probably impossible. Armory software doesn't let you specify the RGB values you want so you have to juggle around the "seriously problematic" color circle + triangle color selection panel. So Asus, please, either give us the Aura function to Armory so we're able to manually set the RGB color values or enable unlinked hardware in Aura so we can set RGB values from there.

Also, Claymore keyboard (yes, this ridiculously expensive keyboard) cannot work with the S5 shortcuts unless you've installed the KeyBot software. Which breaks Armoury....! There are functions on the keyboard which you Asus have advertised as selling points which don't function with the other selling points like RGB effects.

As for the ability to actually read the Macros from the keys and show them when updating the Armoury software instead of showing the default values DESPITE the fact that the macros are operating, i won't refer to since it seems like a really far-fetched ability.

It reminds me of the reason i put my D2X sound card to its box because Asus doesn't make drivers for new Windows 10 versions.

(i'm not going to again kindly request you considered putting a fire effect on the Armoury or Aura like Razer's because i'm 100% certain it'll never happen...)

Thank you for your time and excuse the wall of text.

F0x135
08-23-2018, 08:38 PM
Thanks @MasterC@Asus.

I held out for this update, as of last week on v2.06.04, my claymore (+TK) started defaulting itself to breathing (red) in profile 1. I usually leave it on either custom or wave.

I held out for this update in hopes the 2.06.05 will fix it, but this is the 3rd reboot now and it still defaults back to breathing red.

I just did a clean install of windows 10 3 weeks ago after installing a 970 Evo NVME, so its essentially a clean build.

Any thoughts? I'm keen to try a clean install of armoury, is there a cleaner for this like Aura has?

MasterC@ASUS
08-24-2018, 07:07 AM
Probably the most annoying issue is the fact that Asus doesn't pay attention to simple user requests. I'll explain.

It would be GREAT if you were able to manually set the color values you want just like you can in the Aura software. Or, you could change color effects on unlinked hardware in Aura instead of having "link hardware" as the only option when clicking on it.

An example. Having the m/board and GPU synced on a set color + effect (like breathing) with unlinked keyboard set to a specific color + static is probably impossible. Armory software doesn't let you specify the RGB values you want so you have to juggle around the "seriously problematic" color circle + triangle color selection panel. So Asus, please, either give us the Aura function to Armory so we're able to manually set the RGB color values or enable unlinked hardware in Aura so we can set RGB values from there.

Also, Claymore keyboard (yes, this ridiculously expensive keyboard) cannot work with the S5 shortcuts unless you've installed the KeyBot software. Which breaks Armoury....! There are functions on the keyboard which you Asus have advertised as selling points which don't function with the other selling points like RGB effects.

As for the ability to actually read the Macros from the keys and show them when updating the Armoury software instead of showing the default values DESPITE the fact that the macros are operating, i won't refer to since it seems like a really far-fetched ability.

It reminds me of the reason i put my D2X sound card to its box because Asus doesn't make drivers for new Windows 10 versions.

(i'm not going to again kindly request you considered putting a fire effect on the Armoury or Aura like Razer's because i'm 100% certain it'll never happen...)

Thank you for your time and excuse the wall of text.

The software team always has a full schedule months in advance, which accounts for the time required to fix bugs. Any new requests are reviewed. I can give the team recommendations but at the end of the day, they are the ones who need to execute with the tight schedule they have. Quite often, making small and seemingly simple changes is more complex than people think.

Changing the color values isn't a high priority unfortunately, inserting the same RGB values for two components doesn't mean they will display exactly the same color. The LEDs themselves may not display exactly the same color. The color wheel is a better way for you to match the brightness and saturation.

Connecting the Claymore to the KeyBot port is great when you are tuning your system, after that, just use another port. KeyBot is ideal for enhancing functionality on a basic keyboard, but you have a Claymore with media controls and customizable keys. It doesn't really benefit you to use KeyBot for general use.

MasterC@ASUS
08-24-2018, 07:36 AM
Thanks @MasterC@Asus.

I held out for this update, as of last week on v2.06.04, my claymore (+TK) started defaulting itself to breathing (red) in profile 1. I usually leave it on either custom or wave.

I held out for this update in hopes the 2.06.05 will fix it, but this is the 3rd reboot now and it still defaults back to breathing red.

I just did a clean install of windows 10 3 weeks ago after installing a 970 Evo NVME, so its essentially a clean build.

Any thoughts? I'm keen to try a clean install of armoury, is there a cleaner for this like Aura has?

Have you tried resetting the Claymore (Hold Fn+Esc for ~20 seconds)?
I tried on this version and the last but couldn't replicate.

GeorgeKps
08-24-2018, 08:21 PM
The software team always has a full schedule months in advance, which accounts for the time required to fix bugs. Any new requests are reviewed. I can give the team recommendations but at the end of the day, they are the ones who need to execute with the tight schedule they have. Quite often, making small and seemingly simple changes is more complex than people think.

Changing the color values isn't a high priority unfortunately, inserting the same RGB values for two components doesn't mean they will display exactly the same color. The LEDs themselves may not display exactly the same color. The color wheel is a better way for you to match the brightness and saturation.

Connecting the Claymore to the KeyBot port is great when you are tuning your system, after that, just use another port. KeyBot is ideal for enhancing functionality on a basic keyboard, but you have a Claymore with media controls and customizable keys. It doesn't really benefit you to use KeyBot for general use.

WOW, that's a response i would expect to see from Creative, not Asus...

The color adjustment, personalization and customization is your company's selling point (for the said product) and despite what you're saying about "inserting the same RGB values for two components doesn't mean that they will display exactly the same color", the keyboard's LEDs seem to disagree (as well as my m/board's and GPU's LEDs and the LED strips i have installed). Furthermore, you seem to contradict yourself with how "the circle and the triangle being a better way to match brightness and saturation" when you already said that 2 components may not display the exact same color. Well, maybe you haven't tried to use it to see what a pain it is to fiddle with even when having to set the mouse DPI to the lowest setting so you can have better accuracy. Also, the software team has already achieved this option to a different software so it doesn't seem that difficult to apply the same logic to this one. One could actually expect it to work the same way being made from the same company.

The Claymore has a really (i mean REALLY) handy function (among others), that is to switch the computer on from it. Again a selling point which you're telling me i should have guessed that it's for a limited time?

Thank you very much for your reply. You haven't been really helpful but you've made me think twice on what products i'll purchase on my next hardware upgrade.

F0x135
08-25-2018, 08:28 PM
Have you tried resetting the Claymore (Hold Fn+Esc for ~20 seconds)?
I tried on this version and the last but couldn't replicate.

Thanks MasterC. Resetting the claymore wiped the profile so i had to recreate it, but it is now saving it as it should.

MasterC@ASUS
08-29-2018, 07:57 AM
WOW, that's a response i would expect to see from Creative, not Asus...

The color adjustment, personalization and customization is your company's selling point (for the said product) and despite what you're saying about "inserting the same RGB values for two components doesn't mean that they will display exactly the same color", the keyboard's LEDs seem to disagree (as well as my m/board's and GPU's LEDs and the LED strips i have installed). Furthermore, you seem to contradict yourself with how "the circle and the triangle being a better way to match brightness and saturation" when you already said that 2 components may not display the exact same color. Well, maybe you haven't tried to use it to see what a pain it is to fiddle with even when having to set the mouse DPI to the lowest setting so you can have better accuracy. Also, the software team has already achieved this option to a different software so it doesn't seem that difficult to apply the same logic to this one. One could actually expect it to work the same way being made from the same company.

The Claymore has a really (i mean REALLY) handy function (among others), that is to switch the computer on from it. Again a selling point which you're telling me i should have guessed that it's for a limited time?

Thank you very much for your reply. You haven't been really helpful but you've made me think twice on what products i'll purchase on my next hardware upgrade.

I understand it can be disappointing, but implementing all or most requests simply isn't possible. Thanks for providing feedback and suggestions. While new ideas may not be implemented immediately, they might be sometime in the future.

Hopper64
08-30-2018, 01:09 PM
Noticed with this driver and the previous version that my lighting settings are not kept from time to time after reboot. I had a static setting, then noticed a different one after rebooting the computer. It's like a color cycle. ??

I have to go into the software and save the static setting again.

MasterC@ASUS
08-31-2018, 03:03 AM
Noticed with this driver and the previous version that my lighting settings are not kept from time to time after reboot. I had a static setting, then noticed a different one after rebooting the computer. It's like a color cycle. ??

I have to go into the software and save the static setting again.

On which product(s)?
Next time, can you confirm if it's the lighting effect or profile that got changed?
Are your peripherals synced?

Hopper64
08-31-2018, 05:49 PM
On which product(s)?
Next time, can you confirm if it's the lighting effect or profile that got changed?
Are your peripherals synced?

It's on the strix flare keyboard. I have the gladius ii origin that doesn't seem to be affected. Just the lighting effect is unstable, no profile is active. The peripherals are not synced. Aura is not active for the peripherals either. Thanks.

MasterC@ASUS
09-03-2018, 06:15 AM
It's on the strix flare keyboard. I have the gladius ii origin that doesn't seem to be affected. Just the lighting effect is unstable, no profile is active. The peripherals are not synced. Aura is not active for the peripherals either. Thanks.

Can you check if a reboot is changing your profile to default (fixed on color cycle)?
See which profiles might be reverted to default after a reboot.

Hopper64
09-03-2018, 01:30 PM
It's on profile 1 when I just booted the machine. I will have to watch it a few days to see if it automatically reverts to default. Thanks.

Kincaid
09-05-2018, 06:23 PM
Armoury II 2.06.05 is now available through Live Update.

Release Notes:
1. Added support for TUF Gaming K5 keyboard.

Any word on when the update will be available from the ASUS Support download site? I figured I'd give it some time but we're going on 2 weeks now.

MasterC@ASUS
09-07-2018, 06:16 AM
Any word on when the update will be available from the ASUS Support download site? I figured I'd give it some time but we're going on 2 weeks now.

If Live Update is not working for you, here is the link to Armoury 2.06.05:

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/1AAA632129F84A8D82D7EBF66430CE514

Kincaid
09-07-2018, 07:01 AM
If Live Update is not working for you, here is the link to Armoury 2.06.05:

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/1AAA632129F84A8D82D7EBF66430CE514

Much appreciated! :D

Hopper64
09-07-2018, 01:22 PM
Can you check if a reboot is changing your profile to default (fixed on color cycle)?
See which profiles might be reverted to default after a reboot.

It happened this morning, and it did not revert to default. It was still on profile 1. I had just done a bios update to 1503, but I don't think that makes any difference. Thanks.

JimmyH
09-08-2018, 10:01 PM
I have a Z370 Strix-E mobo, a Strix GTX 1080, and a Pugio mouse.

I previously had everything synced, including my Thermaltake Cooler and Fans, no problem. Now I have added my Pugio.

Armory tells me to quit AURA first, I tried stopping the processes, but in the end had to uninstall AURA so I could access the Armoury to customise my mouse. And as I only have one item of the armory, I can't access the colour theme.

So I reinstalled AURA and synched the colour theme which works fine until you play a game, then the whole AURA thing freezes.

The biggest pain is not being able to go in and customise my mouse at anytime and it is also making me consider whether it is a wise choise to upgrade my keyboard.

Is there any solution to this.

JimmyH
09-08-2018, 11:08 PM
I can't get access to Live Update, and ASUS Webstorage says too many downloads try again later. Why isn't the latest version on the driver download page?

Finally got access to my storage and downloaded the latest Armoury. It loads a lot better thank you, but I have to unsynch the mouse from AURA in able to do anything with it.

During gameplay, the Aura colours freeze and the PC needs to be reset to resume.

Hopper64
09-10-2018, 07:38 PM
The issue occurred again today. No change in the profile settings and my lighting selection was not kept.

MasterC@ASUS
09-11-2018, 01:58 AM
I can't get access to Live Update, and ASUS Webstorage says too many downloads try again later. Why isn't the latest version on the driver download page?

Finally got access to my storage and downloaded the latest Armoury. It loads a lot better thank you, but I have to unsynch the mouse from AURA in able to do anything with it.

During gameplay, the Aura colours freeze and the PC needs to be reset to resume.

Only one software is allowed to control the lighting at one time, so if you want to use Armoury, it's necessary to unsync the device in Aura software first.

During gameplay, are the Aura effects controlled by Aura or Armoury?

MasterC@ASUS
09-11-2018, 02:03 AM
The issue occurred again today. No change in the profile settings and my lighting selection was not kept.

Are all settings on the Flare lost in Profile 1 after a reboot, only lighting settings, or some?
Can the other profiles save okay?

JimmyH
09-11-2018, 05:29 AM
Only one software is allowed to control the lighting at one time, so if you want to use Armoury, it's necessary to unsync the device in Aura software first.

During gameplay, are the Aura effects controlled by Aura or Armoury?

Righto. I can't synch via Armory as I only have a mouse and you need more than one device.

The Aura effects can be controlled on the mouse by either Aura or Armory; however, my Thermaltake 360 Riing Plus and my mobo/gpu can only be controlled by AURA natually.

The downside is that even if all my RGB is controlled by AURA if I wish to adjust a mouse button, I have to unlink it from AURA, start Armory do the necessary settings, then exit out of Armory and link it to AURA again. I think it's a bit rediculous to add the controls of AURA to another program.
The STRIX program used to control KB and Mouse, now I have to run numerous different programs.

Hopper64
09-11-2018, 03:56 PM
Are all settings on the Flare lost in Profile 1 after a reboot, only lighting settings, or some?
Can the other profiles save okay?

Only the lighting seems to be affected. All other settings are fine. I have not tried any other profiles. Thanks.

MasterC@ASUS
09-12-2018, 01:05 AM
Only the lighting seems to be affected. All other settings are fine. I have not tried any other profiles. Thanks.

Can you check if power cycling will resolve the issue?

Hopper64
09-12-2018, 04:02 AM
Can you check if power cycling will resolve the issue?

**I typically shut down the PC every day. It happens intermittently on cold reboot after the power has been completely off. Doesn’t occur every time. Thanks.*

MasterC@ASUS
09-12-2018, 04:28 AM
**I typically shut down the PC every day. It happens intermittently on cold reboot after the power has been completely off. Doesn’t occur every time. Thanks.*

Thanks, I will pass this on to the team.

Hopper64
09-12-2018, 09:07 AM
Thanks. Appreciate your help.

Crasje
09-22-2018, 08:07 AM
I have a Spatha, Claymore and Maximus IX, till now I was not able to sync all 3. I got the idea that the latest version could (only if the mouse is wired). Again a concession but that better than now, mouse and keybord doing 1 thing, motherboard another.*

Btw i can only sync mouse keyboard after toggling on-off-on!*

MasterC@ASUS
09-26-2018, 07:27 AM
I have a Spatha, Claymore and Maximus IX, till now I was not able to sync all 3. I got the idea that the latest version could (only if the mouse is wired). Again a concession but that better than now, mouse and keybord doing 1 thing, motherboard another.*

Btw i can only sync mouse keyboard after toggling on-off-on!*

Make sure to not sync any peripherals using Armoury. Aura software should be used to sync all three.