PDA

View Full Version : G752 Keyboard causing laptop to BSOD/Restart

imataiwanezz
08-26-2018, 07:44 PM
I've recently started having this issue where the stock keyboard on my ROG G752 causes my computer to BSOD and restart or freeze whenever I start typing with it. I've tried ensuring all drivers are up to date, reinstalling Windows, swapped hard drives and loaded Unbuntu, checking my RAM and even checking to see if the keyboard ribbon cables were loose. Nothing seems to work, the workaround I'm currently using is an external USB keyboard. It seems to only freeze/BSOD when I type using the stock keyboard. Also, the backlights on the stock keyboard seem to have turned off. I'd greatly appreciate any help in turning my laptop from a light desktop back into a laptop, thanks!

Clintlgm
08-27-2018, 12:34 AM
Sound like a hardware issue to me, RMA

imataiwanezz
08-31-2018, 10:49 PM
Sound like a hardware issue to me, RMA

What do you mean RMA? I was hoping it wasn't a hardware issue... especially since it's a pain getting the keyboard off lol.

Darnassus
09-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Try reinstall Windows but use the drivers included in your eSupport folder, most notably, Intel Chipset.

Then never use 3rd party programs to update your drivers for ROG laptops again.

imataiwanezz
09-06-2018, 10:12 PM
Try reinstall Windows but use the drivers included in your eSupport folder, most notably, Intel Chipset.

Then never use 3rd party programs to update your drivers for ROG laptops again.

I didn't use a 3rd party program to update my drivers. Downloaded them all from the Asus website and Asus Install Wizard. I reinstalled Windows 10 and I went off of the Asus website first, then Install Wizard opened and only had 2 Drivers left to install. One installed fine the second driver, Intell Wireless LAN is the only driver that the install wizard fails to install.
Should I reinstall windows 10 again and try using Install Wizard for the drivers first?

I got the back light on the keyboard to turn back on by finding an ATK driver on this forum. The one from the Asus website didn't do anything even though they said they were the same versions. After getting the back lights to turn back on with the ATK driver on this forum the keyboard started working again. This lasted about two days and now the freezing and BSOD started back up. I've tried uninstalling the ATK driver and reinstalling it but it's not doing anything this time. Also the back lights are staying on.

xeromist
09-06-2018, 10:23 PM
It's possible it's still a hardware issue. If something is loose or frayed underneath the keyboard the physical action of typing may be causing something to malfunction.