PDA

View Full Version : Asus g-53Jw MAJOR problems

eLePhAnTzZz
02-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Can one of the mods PLEASE help me?

So about a year ago, i purchased a Asus G-53. It soon broke down on me. All the Usb Ports loosened, and the little rod inside the laptop charger hole thing broke off, making it unusable. I talked with Asus customer service for hours cause they couldnt understand what i was saying, and i couldnt make a word of what they were saying. It got repaired by Asus.

Then just over the past 2 months, all the Usb ports started loosening AGAIN. and now the charger port is loosen, meaning that whenever i plug the charger in, it connects, disconnects, connects, and disconnects, forever until i wiggle it around until it stops. Then when its done charging, i unplug it, and the metal part on the charger gets over 125 degrees, meaning before i knew that it was hot, when i unplugged it, i burned my finger.

Can someone or a mod PELASE help me. Its been a little over a year since i bought it and its been nothing but trouble. Im pretty much done with talking on the phone with Asus, and would like this to be dealed by email, or Pm.

Thanks

dstrakele
02-08-2012, 05:56 AM
I recommend you PM Mason@ASUS for assistance.

eLePhAnTzZz
02-08-2012, 03:30 PM
I recommend you PM Mason@ASUS for assistance.

Does he have an email address? or do i just find him on this thread

fuzon1337
02-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Here you go: http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?482-Mason-ASUS

houndazs
02-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Can one of the mods PLEASE help me?

So about a year ago, i purchased a Asus G-53. It soon broke down on me. All the Usb Ports loosened, and the little rod inside the laptop charger hole thing broke off, making it unusable. I talked with Asus customer service for hours cause they couldnt understand what i was saying, and i couldnt make a word of what they were saying. It got repaired by Asus.

Then just over the past 2 months, all the Usb ports started loosening AGAIN. and now the charger port is loosen, meaning that whenever i plug the charger in, it connects, disconnects, connects, and disconnects, forever until i wiggle it around until it stops. Then when its done charging, i unplug it, and the metal part on the charger gets over 125 degrees, meaning before i knew that it was hot, when i unplugged it, i burned my finger.

Can someone or a mod PELASE help me. Its been a little over a year since i bought it and its been nothing but trouble. Im pretty much done with talking on the phone with Asus, and would like this to be dealed by email, or Pm.

Thanks

If you can find a good local laptop repair tech, its a very very simple fix for all your issues. You just need your solder joints for the power port and USB ports de-soldered and re-soldered. that is of course if you cant get a new one!

eLePhAnTzZz
02-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Here you go: http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?482-Mason-ASUS
Thanks! Ill shoot him a Pm.

fuzon1337
02-08-2012, 11:18 PM
No problem :)

I hope you get your issues fixed by contacting him :)