PDA

View Full Version : No vioces with Asus Vulcan ANC?

SM-LoD
02-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Dunno if this is the right place to post, but ill give it a go annywho.

As topic, voices, in music aswell as in games, are faded or nonexisting. Allso other high pitch sounds such as gunshots are faded.

For example, if im playing Duke Nuke Forever, and a person is talking to me, and I look directly at him, I will not here his voice at all. if I turn Duke to the right, (as like facing my right ear towards the person talking) I will hear the voice in my right headphone. Likwise, but the other way around if I turn left.

In music, I can hear the voices but its extreamly faded and barelly hearable.

Ive googled, consulted the manual, switched the ANC-button a hundred times aned been playing around in sound settings, all with no resault. Someone think thay got the answer I need? Plz help :)

PS. if there are anny funny spelling, im not english/american so please look beyond it :0

xeromist
02-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Do you have any other headphones you can try? Since it happens when ANC is off this sounds like it may be related to a setting on your sound card.

SM-LoD
02-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Do you have any other headphones you can try? Since it happens when ANC is off this sounds like it may be related to a setting on your sound card.

Yes, ive tried it with both a pair of JVC and ACE SX3000, and both of them have been working wothout any problems.

xeromist
02-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Very odd. When you look in the sound card control panel does it show the headphones as stereo headphones or something else? Perhaps try changing it to headphones manually? It might be a good idea to try changing the battery as well. Perhaps the ANC is on the fritz but this should not come into play if it is off.

Also I would try the Vulcan with a music player (like an iPod) with some stereo audio file to make sure that both ears sound correct.

You might have a bum pair. I'd consider trading them out.

SM-LoD
02-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Very odd. When you look in the sound card control panel does it show the headphones as stereo headphones or something else? Perhaps try changing it to headphones manually? It might be a good idea to try changing the battery as well. Perhaps the ANC is on the fritz but this should not come into play if it is off.

Also I would try the Vulcan with a music player (like an iPod) with some stereo audio file to make sure that both ears sound correct.

You might have a bum pair. I'd consider trading them out.

Well, yes, as far as I know. If there are 2 things I suck at, its networks and audio. Annywho, the headphone are set to headphones, and yes, they are in Stereo (as shown in picture below). Ive lent out my Ipod but Ill try to get hold of it tomorrow to try what u just mensiond.

Btw, the battery is brand, but ill switch it just to be sure.

http://laddauppbilder.se/?dt=813287183820 (http://laddauppbilder.se/?pt=813287183820)

EDIT: On thing i noticed just know when looking around in the device manager, when i press "play" on the imiage shown below, the sound is sepoused (spelling?) to come out of first the right headphone ear, then the left one, but mine just comes out at both simoultaniously (spelling again?) Why is that and can I do something about it?

http://laddauppbilder.se/?dt=12132872756312 (http://laddauppbilder.se/?pt=12132872756312)

SM-LoD
02-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Sry for dubbelposting, but Ive now tried them out with my Ipod and the problem is still there. Ive allso tried them out when using no battery at all in them and its the same problem there, so unless anyone has some suggestion to what the problem might be I will contact the dealer that sold them and turn them in for a new pair...

xeromist
02-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Yep, sounds like RMA time.

Kallamamran
04-15-2014, 08:31 PM
I just unpacked and inserted my ASUS ROG Vulcan ANC headphones and I get the exact same problem. It's like there are channels missing. I have a pair of Steelseries Headphones to compare with and they sound just fine. I have the same problem in my Samsung Galaxy S4 :S I'm really disappointed and I can't find any solution :(

heiligenschein
06-24-2014, 02:21 AM
got a problem with the amc feature of this it's better not using them