PDA

View Full Version : Need help ASAP. ROG G752VS: Samsung SSD 950 PRO and winload.efi error

Spellman
09-28-2018, 11:55 AM
Good day.

Almost 3 years ago i bought g752VS and Samsung 950 PRO SSD 256gb. Guys in shop helped me to install windows 10 and NVME driver.

Since then no problem occured, until this day.

Nothing new: no drivers, no programs etc were installed that day. Windows update turned off. Played the game as usual, turned off pc. In the morning I see error that system cannot be loaded,and file " \windows\system32\winload.efi" cannot be found or has errors. Code: 0xc0000225

In bios I cant see my SSD in boot devices, but im not 100% sure it was there ever.

When I open some windows recovery tools from flash drive, i can see that my drives have different letters (C: System became D:System). I can work with files, copy them, so i guess SSD is working.

When i try to reinstall windows on SSD drive, it shows error that drive is in GPT format and that I need to be sure that this drive is visible in BIOS.

Sorry for bad english and lack of explanation. My system has another language...

I need your help asap, because in few days I need to take my laptop at work.

Gps3dx
09-29-2018, 09:22 PM
When i try to reinstall windows on SSD drive, it shows error that drive is in GPT format and that I need to be sure that this drive is visible in BIOS.

please see my guide ( in sig ) about how to install windows UEFI method - in it you can understand how to properly boot windows installation disk/usb so it pass that error you reported about it not being GPT. ( i.e by booting it through UEFI instead of "bios" )
that guide is also a sticky thread at the top of our G-serie sub-forum.

if the SSD ( and its partitions ) isn't visible at all when windows asks you to choose a partition for the installation - then you need to follow the guides I linked at the top of that guide - because your SSD might work using NVME ( not AHCI ) which might need a spacial driver loaded during windows installation procedure inorder for the SSD's partition to be visible.

good luck.