PDA

View Full Version : ROG Centurion MCU2.2/DSP2.4 - Modified firmware with crossover & downmix

MasterC@ASUS
10-11-2018, 06:27 AM
Due to the feedback received from forum users, we have created a modified firmware to:
1. Dramatically boost the volume of side and rear surround channels (Gunfire & Footsteps profiles)
2. Rerouted and increased bass from surround channels to the subwoofer channel. (Gunfire profile)
3. Allow stereo mode for speakers connected to the audio station.
4. Fixed OCP (over-current protection) issue after reboot.

Download is available in the ROG Forum only.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t3WDkmsxPdmILpejNBWCgCCdf5Kqxo8x

If anyone wishes to revert back to the official versions:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FE8DNtCuuEjcTLwe5xoG35t3v-M6tcAq

Suggested 7.1 surround sound games to test:
Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha
Far Cry 5

quattroboy
10-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Due to the feedback received from forum users, we have created a modified firmware to:
1. Dramatically boost the volume of side and rear surround channels (Gunfire & Footsteps profiles)
2. Rerouted and increased bass from surround channels to the subwoofer channel. (Gunfire profile)

Far Cry 5

Hi,

I downloaded this file but it fails to update?

Edit: Fixed. You must download all three items and place them in the same folder before running the exe. :)

eric010
10-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Hello,

The sliders should be all the way to the right?
What is the difference from change profiles from the software sonic studio or the base station, the footsteps and gunfire profiles are only changeable in the base station?

MasterC@ASUS
10-15-2018, 06:08 AM
Hello,

The sliders should be all the way to the right?
What is the difference from change profiles from the software sonic studio or the base station, the footsteps and gunfire profiles are only changeable in the base station?

Only the footsteps and gunfire profiles have been updated in this firmware, the other two remain the same. Sonic Studio allows you to control the audio station, it doesn't matter how or where you change the settings (Sonic Studio or audio station) - there's no difference.

The new profiles were tuned when the volume for all channels were level.
No need to turn the main volume to max if all channels are at full volume - probably too loud.

markec872
10-18-2018, 09:33 AM
Well, I am new here and I really need some help about installing new software for my ASUS ROG Centurion headset. It will be great if someone that know can help me with that... If u have discord, add me: Markec99#6433

Thanks forward...

MasterC@ASUS
10-18-2018, 10:03 AM
Well, I am new here and I really need some help about installing new software for my ASUS ROG Centurion headset. It will be great if someone that know can help me with that... If u have discord, add me: Markec99#6433

Thanks forward...

You can download the driver package from the official support site which includes Sonic Studio for the Centurion:
https://www.asus.com/us/Headphones-Headsets/ROG-Centurion/HelpDesk_Download/

If you want to flash this custom firmware, please download, unzip, and run the file "ROG71_MCU2.2_DSP2.4_beta1.exe" (with the headset connected of course). You can do this after installing the driver package.

gottis
10-25-2018, 08:02 PM
i want to use my soundbar wit the headset but i cant get any sound when i use a HDMI between them

MasterC@ASUS
10-26-2018, 07:23 AM
i want to use my soundbar wit the headset but i cant get any sound when i use a HDMI between them

Soundbars and home theater receivers will not work with the Audio Station. The HDMI port is only for use with the bundled adapter (proprietary pin arrangement).

614NoTalLaMa
11-08-2018, 02:32 PM

Far Cry 5

Thank you! now the headset is perfect!

Cookie8
12-01-2018, 09:47 AM

Far Cry 5

Yeeeeeaaaah... that's not what I wanted. You see, turning off true 7.1 and changing it to what ever you changed with adding some sound to rear and sides (which by the way is still "tin can" but with higher volume) isn't a proper fixing. Is it really what your "experts" could achieve for 1 year of fixing? Because you see for THAT price I want to have a true 7.1 which has SAME quality sound from ALL sides. So when I listen to Olesya from Vermintide 2 it wouldn't sound like she quickly run away from me when I turn my back to her and then quickly run back to me when I turn to see her beautiful face, or when I play Overwatch and I hear that Reinhardt (or some one else big and scary) is coming behind me with intention to sign an autograph on my chest with his hammer, I would think that he is far away from me and I just need to turn around and shoot him, AND when I do turn around I would have mixed feelings of satisfaction (that I'll die in the most glorious hand to hand combat) and dissatisfaction (that no one will ever recognise my body or face and I'll never have a good looking statue of me)

So PLEASE ASUS make the most logical thing in this situation. MAKE THIS HEADPHONES WORTH OF THEIR PRICE! One year is TOO long to fix the issue that MUSTN'T have been in the first place.

MasterC@ASUS
12-03-2018, 08:40 AM
Yeeeeeaaaah... that's not what I wanted. You see, turning off true 7.1 and changing it to what ever you changed with adding some sound to rear and sides (which by the way is still "tin can" but with higher volume) isn't a proper fixing. Is it really what your "experts" could achieve for 1 year of fixing? Because you see for THAT price I want to have a true 7.1 which has SAME quality sound from ALL sides. So when I listen to Olesya from Vermintide 2 it wouldn't sound like she quickly run away from me when I turn my back to her and then quickly run back to me when I turn to see her beautiful face, or when I play Overwatch and I hear that Reinhardt (or some one else big and scary) is coming behind me with intention to sign an autograph on my chest with his hammer, I would think that he is far away from me and I just need to turn around and shoot him, AND when I do turn around I would have mixed feelings of satisfaction (that I'll die in the most glorious hand to hand combat) and dissatisfaction (that no one will ever recognise my body or face and I'll never have a good looking statue of me)

So PLEASE ASUS make the most logical thing in this situation. MAKE THIS HEADPHONES WORTH OF THEIR PRICE! One year is TOO long to fix the issue that MUSTN'T have been in the first place.

Only two spectrum modes have been modified. If you wish to have true 7.1 again, just use the other 2 modes or press the volume knob to disable spectrum modes. If you are unsatisfied with the lack of bass output (0.1) while in true 7.1, then the best course of action would be to contact the appropriate game developers. If games do not provide bass output in the 0.1 channel - we have no bass to increase in true 7.1 mode. All we can do is use a crossover function to utilize bass from other channels, which is what we have done (for 2 of the 4 spectrum modes).

Cookie8
12-03-2018, 12:52 PM
How to delete that firmware now????

MasterC@ASUS
12-04-2018, 01:29 AM
You can revert to the official firmware here:
https://www.asus.com/Headphones-Headsets/ROG-Centurion/HelpDesk_Download/

Cookie8
12-04-2018, 11:09 AM
You can revert to the official firmware here:
https://www.asus.com/Headphones-Headsets/ROG-Centurion/HelpDesk_Download/

Nope, did that and nothing changed, also when I deleted all applications and drivers related to ROG 7.1 and then started to reinstall everything, I tried to reinstall beta firmware too (to see if it was deleted) and the moment I started, it said that I already have this firmware and asked if I want to replace version 2.2 on 2.2 and as I said already nothing changed.

Also another question, are you going to continue fixing this issue (hopefully some day) or your "experts" already gave up?

turalevro
12-06-2018, 12:11 PM
I have been wishing for stereo mode for speakers since the purchase, but why the hell stereo mode is broken now for headphones? Am I only person facing up this problem? Please fix it. Normally I expect stereo mode working both for headphones and speakers. In particular there is no sound coming from headphones when audio is coming from center channel in stereo mode. Sounds stupid but exactly this is data given by Sonic Studio

MasterC@ASUS
12-07-2018, 02:45 AM
Nope, did that and nothing changed, also when I deleted all applications and drivers related to ROG 7.1 and then started to reinstall everything, I tried to reinstall beta firmware too (to see if it was deleted) and the moment I started, it said that I already have this firmware and asked if I want to replace version 2.2 on 2.2 and as I said already nothing changed.

Also another question, are you going to continue fixing this issue (hopefully some day) or your "experts" already gave up?

Here is a link to previous versions of Centurion firmware.

From what we can tell, there is nothing to fix. You will find that since launch, properly-tuned Dolby 7.1 surround content works perfectly on the Centurion. Due to popular requests, we have provided this custom firmware to deliver surround sound and bass in a way that game developers couldn't. We have also provided stereo output for people with only 2 speakers. There will not be any more software or firmware development for the Centurion.

MasterC@ASUS
12-07-2018, 02:48 AM
I have been wishing for stereo mode for speakers since the purchase, but why the hell stereo mode is broken now for headphones? Am I only person facing up this problem? Please fix it. Normally I expect stereo mode working both for headphones and speakers. In particular there is no sound coming from headphones when audio is coming from center channel in stereo mode. Sounds stupid but exactly this is data given by Sonic Studio

Sorry, I don't understand. Stereo is 2 channels (left & right), why do you want the center channel to be active?

vadimzuev90
12-27-2018, 05:39 PM

If anyone wishes to revert back to the official versions:

Thanks a lot, this made my stereo speakers great again! :cool:
Just one more newbie question: where do I get any software to tweak the Centurion's settings? (I don't have an ASUS MoBo). Because on the download page (https://www.asus.com/us/Headphones-Headsets/ROG-Centurion/HelpDesk_Download/) when I select my OS nothing is shown... thanks.

MasterC@ASUS
12-28-2018, 02:02 AM
Thanks a lot, this made my stereo speakers great again! :cool:
Just one more newbie question: where do I get any software to tweak the Centurion's settings? (I don't have an ASUS MoBo). Because on the download page (https://www.asus.com/us/Headphones-Headsets/ROG-Centurion/HelpDesk_Download/) when I select my OS nothing is shown... thanks.

That is the correct link to the support site, and you should be able to see this:
Try a different web browser if it's not working.

Anyway, here is the direct link to the software:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Headset/ROG71_Setup_1.1.17.zip?_ga=2.110138817.535613492.1 545615873-329128221.1511925089

rabo3
01-02-2019, 09:39 PM
Hello, where can i get the sonic studio from please ?

regards.

rabo3
01-02-2019, 09:41 PM
i got error which it's says cannot update your head set isn't plugin,

rabo3
01-02-2019, 10:29 PM
That is the correct link to the support site, and you should be able to see this:
Try a different web browser if it's not working.

Anyway, here is the direct link to the software:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Headset/ROG71_Setup_1.1.17.zip?_ga=2.110138817.535613492.1 545615873-329128221.1511925089

isn't worsk, please check the pic

rabo3
01-02-2019, 10:37 PM
Nothings is working,

MasterC@ASUS
01-03-2019, 05:21 AM
i got error which it's says cannot update your head set isn't plugin,

Did you download the software from this link already?

prietodiaz
01-16-2019, 04:24 PM
Hello @MasterC
Install this firmware and I do not know if it's a coincidence or not but I have trouble talking about the game ghost recon wildlands, you see the voice activity but you do not hear anything, it always worked correctly and you moved one of those days to see what was the problem is that I only worked a moment when I changed it from surround sound to stereo, this update may be the cause, it is something that never failed me before the same. In programs like discord it works correctly just like in windows the problem is in the game. Thank you very much for your help

MasterC@ASUS
01-17-2019, 01:42 AM
Hello @MasterC
Install this firmware and I do not know if it's a coincidence or not but I have trouble talking about the game ghost recon wildlands, you see the voice activity but you do not hear anything, it always worked correctly and you moved one of those days to see what was the problem is that I only worked a moment when I changed it from surround sound to stereo, this update may be the cause, it is something that never failed me before the same. In programs like discord it works correctly just like in windows the problem is in the game. Thank you very much for your help

If the microphone is working everywhere else then the global settings should be fine, have you checked all the controls in the game?

prietodiaz
01-17-2019, 04:48 PM
yes, I will wait for ubisoft, I have open case for this

aaron08
01-17-2019, 07:43 PM
how can i test the channel speaker if they are working, of my centurion?

prietodiaz
01-20-2019, 02:57 PM
If the microphone is working everywhere else then the global settings should be fine, have you checked all the controls in the game?

Hello, I know where the fault is and it is in the default driver of the 2 channel 16bit 48000hz DVd quality microphone. If I change it to cd quality it works with the dvd Not, what can I do? I reinstalled the microphone firmware drivers and program for this.. all from 0, and persist the problem. Arrived at this point how can I fix it? Thank you.

MasterC@ASUS
01-22-2019, 05:56 AM
how can i test the channel speaker if they are working, of my centurion?

Go to Sound settings (desktop) -> select ASUS ROG 7.1 -> click on Configure -> Test

MasterC@ASUS
01-22-2019, 06:10 AM
Hello, I know where the fault is and it is in the default driver of the 2 channel 16bit 48000hz DVd quality microphone. If I change it to cd quality it works with the dvd Not, what can I do? I reinstalled the microphone firmware drivers and program for this.. all from 0, and persist the problem. Arrived at this point how can I fix it? Thank you.

Have you tried lowering or turning off Noise Gate?
How about the ENC switch at the bottom of the Audio Station?
If it's only one game, then just change it to CD quality?

xyz56789xyz
03-01-2019, 12:05 PM

Hi, thanks for your effort in frequently optimizing the headset driver.

About the third point, this enhancement very good for those, include me, only have stereo speakers only. After update to MCU2.2/DSP2.4, I found that:
In headset mode with stereo mode, the sonic studio will grey out individual channel adjustment bar but in speakers mode with stereo mode, individual channel adjustment bars do not grey. I try to listen some multi-channel audio and adjust center volume, center volume, subwoofer volume, side volume and rear volume, the stereo speakers' audio does not change.

staticrp
03-23-2019, 02:08 AM
And is it possible to download a newer version of the Sonic Radar Pro? Maybe update already drivers? Version 1.1.17 does not see new games :)

S_the_Great
06-05-2019, 06:16 PM
Hello,

to be fair after almost 2 years it would be time to update the driver package.
Honestly I'm disappointed by Asus because it takes so much time for a 250€ headset to get some updates.