PDA

View Full Version : G74sx A1 with Roxio CinePlayer 3D conversion Issue !!!

Ponhkun
02-10-2012, 10:25 AM
I have a G74sx A1 that comes with the Roxio CinePlayer software. I'm having a problem with the Roxio CinePlayer when I'm watching 2D movies using 3D Conversion method, the movie did works as in 3D but the thing is the movie is kind of come out of the screen more on one side than another. I mean the left side or the right side is come out more than another depending on I choose the method that show left or right eye first. The question are why and how to fix this?

And another thing is I noticed that there is one thing that said "Dept Position" that you can adjust at the right down corner of the movie screen while playing in 3D full screen mode. I have no idea what it does. I tried to adjust it but to me it seems like nothing happened to the movie unlike the "Dept Field" thing, you can see what have changed right away when you try to adjust it. The question is what does this "Dept Position'' do?

PILGRIM
02-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Hi Ponhkun.

Is your screen display 3D-ready?.. (I think G74SX-A1 doesn't have a 3D capable screen..)

You're having 3D conversion issue with Roxio CinePlayer because the screen display of your G74 isn't a 3D screen.
This is why you're finding it difficult to configure it.
Apparently, CinePlayer 3D Conversion is to convert a 2D movie into "3D-like".
And this can be done on a 3D capable screen display, supposedly.

The "Depth Position" and the "Depth Field" are used to enhance viewing in 3D Conversion Mode.
But you can't really use these enhancers on non-3D displays.

I tried to use the 3D Conversion Mode on a 2D movie. The playback is no better than in 2D mode.
In fact, the picture has a washed-out, fuzzy look.

My suggestion: When watching 2D movies, don't use the 3D Conversion Mode.
Watch in 2D mode instead. It's way much better.. Enjoy your G74. :)

Ponhkun
02-11-2012, 12:43 PM
I have no Idea too. But I find my g74sx is an A1 I checked it underneath my laptop but i'm sure I've been playing games in 3D all along plus my laptop comes with the 3D emiter build in and an Nvidia 3D glasses.

PILGRIM
02-11-2012, 02:13 PM
I have no Idea too. But I find my g74sx is an A1 I checked it underneath my laptop but i'm sure I've been playing games in 3D all along plus my laptop comes with the 3D emiter build in and an Nvidia 3D glasses.

Your laptop is a G74SX-3DE masquerading as a G74SX-A1. :)
Did you buy it with the price of a G74SX-A1? You've got a substantial "discount" if it was!..

Ponhkun
02-13-2012, 01:55 AM
Oh yeah my mistake! I checked again it was 3DE not A1. And about the price I checked my laptop is kind of cheap as the one without 3D and I still have no idea how I it. I called the retailer to check and i found out that the retailer makes no profit of selling me this 3DE because the retailer made a mistake that when we were making the papers and stuffs, the retailer confused to set the price as my laptop was no 3D but can't help it, once you paid it finished and I have no idea that my laptop was more expensive than that. I guess I was kind of lucky. LOL

PILGRIM
02-13-2012, 03:50 AM
Lucky Guy! :)

For the 3D Conversion, you might want to read swampthing's thread
and his recommendation for the POWERDVD 12 ULTRA.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?9914-G74SX-3D-Anyone-upgraded-to-the-nVidia-3D-Vision-2-glasses