PDA

View Full Version : Fan profile not changing ROG G703GI

sharkdi
10-23-2018, 10:58 AM
Hi guys i have ROG G703GI laptop everything is great but i had some issues with it so i had to make a clean install of windows 10. So after installing all latest drivers i can't use the shourtcut fn+f5 witch is use to change fan profiles form silent balance and overboost. Before the reinstall was working fine any of you have same problem
windows 10 pro
version 1809
asus ATK Packege ( ASUS KEYBOARD HOTKEYS) driver version 2.0.4.0

jdfrench3
10-23-2018, 12:15 PM
Did you remember to save a copy of your eSupport folder and use it after you reinstalled windows 10?

Do you have ROG Game Center version 2.5.9? Did you install ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys (Not the ATK package)?

sharkdi
10-23-2018, 03:49 PM
yes i have the ROG GAMNIG center 2.5.9
in eSupport folder i have only eManual
i also have the hotkeys latest version install

jdfrench3
10-23-2018, 05:27 PM
I remember a while back, many of the G703 users reported that they didn't get the entire eSupport folder. There very well might be something in there that needs to be installed to make all your features work. I suggest you request a copy of your eSupport folder be offered to you (probably through a secure website download with ASUS Support).

Make new thread with "G703 eSupport Folder Request" in the Title. Then provide details as how you have never had a complete folder. I suspect someone from ASUS would contact you.

evezy123
10-24-2018, 08:16 AM
I have the exact same problem with the exact same laptop. In your gaming centre have you still got the ability to change performance profiles by any chance, as I have lost the ability to do it on mine

sharkdi
10-24-2018, 01:52 PM
i can still change it from the profiles from gaming centre

Altimemi
10-26-2018, 01:09 AM
i have same laptop and same problem .. and i instal last updaute for all drive .... and dont work..and i go to asus company and cant fix .. asus hotkey maybe need to fix !!

im sad with my first gaming laptop

jdfrench3
10-26-2018, 09:50 AM
Are you too, working from a clean-install OS installation? Did you reinstall your drivers and software from your saved eSupport folder?

Or are you saying fan profile changing is not working with an original OS installation?

Altimemi
10-27-2018, 01:03 AM
yes i reinstall drivers but didnt work and its happen when asus update keyboard firewall .. i cant use F5 (hotkey for fan) and i only can change from game center

Altimemi
10-29-2018, 07:03 PM
anyone can help me !!!

The authorized agent for Asus in my country (Kuwait) every day tells me I will contact you to solve the problem and does not call and has no solution to the problem

What Should i do !!

evezy123
11-01-2018, 04:17 PM
Hi i have the same problem, just had my laptop back from RMA as it needed the os reloading and my F5 button doesnt work?

evezy123
11-02-2018, 12:21 PM
I have the same problem as your describing, cant change the fan profile using fn +f5

Altimemi
11-07-2018, 05:32 PM
up up
plz need to fix

MrRuckus
11-15-2018, 07:54 PM
Could someone try the ATK drivers for the G703VI? It seems under the G703GI, it does not have the same drivers as under the G703VI. I have a folder in my eSupport directory called "ATK Package(Asus On Screen Display)" v1.0.0056. The Website has version 1.0.0057. I know they aren't the exact same laptop, but worth a try?

evezy123
11-19-2018, 08:13 AM
i have just tried the ATK package from the VI version but its not compatible with the GI laptop

jdfrench3
11-19-2018, 03:20 PM
Please download the G703GI driver DVD from the following page. You may want to also install the Microsoft Translator App to understand this German website. The driver DVD download are Multilanguage, are 3.23GB, and are in ISO format. This can be easily made into a working DVD. As NIKE says "Just Do It!"

https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/category/60-windows-10

For those folks that have installed a "FRESH" copy of Windows 10, this DVD contains the contents of the eSupport Folder. Run the AsInsWiz.exe file (ASUS Installation Wizard) in the Root of the DVD. Use this program to restore all your drivers and software. Now test all your laptop's ability. With a fresh copy of Windows 10, followed by the ASUS Installation Wizard your laptop should be back to normal operation. I will add that Windows 10 version 1809 adds some curveballs, so start with an earlier version of Windows 10, something dated about March 2018 (date of driver DVD download).

Good Luck

evezy123
11-19-2018, 03:49 PM
Please download the G703GI driver DVD from the following page. You may want to also install the Microsoft Translator App to understand this German website. The driver DVD download are Multilanguage, are 3.23GB, and are in ISO format. This can be easily made into a working DVD. As NIKE says "Just Do It!"

https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/category/60-windows-10

For those folks that have installed a "FRESH" copy of Windows 10, this DVD contains the contents of the eSupport Folder. Run the AsInsWiz.exe file (ASUS Installation Wizard) in the Root of the DVD. Use this program to restore all your drivers and software. Now test all your laptop's ability. With a fresh copy of Windows 10, followed by the ASUS Installation Wizard your laptop should be back to normal operation. I will add that Windows 10 version 1809 adds some curveballs, so start with an earlier version of Windows 10, something dated about March 2018 (date of driver DVD download).

Good Luck

I have already used the asus installation wizard but the fan setting still doesnt work

Altimemi
11-20-2018, 12:25 AM
no one can fix this laptop :@

Altimemi
11-20-2018, 08:29 AM
no one can fix this laptop :@

jdfrench3
11-21-2018, 04:45 PM
The ASUS G703GI seems to have some issues. Reinstalling Windows 10 is not an answer to fix these issues unless you also install the drivers and programs from your eSupport Folder. I don't have a G703GI instead I have a G752VSK, many of the programs that are used on the G703GI, I have running on my G752VSK.

I have downloaded the G703GI eSupport Folder onto a 4.23GB DVD. There is a lot of stuff to be installed from the ASUS Installation Wizard, some things that aren't on the ASUS Support Website. If you have already installed a "FRESH" Windows operating system, you are doing yourself a disservice by not using the ASUS Installation Wizard contained in the eSupport Folder. If you no longer have your eSupport Folder, or if your eSupport Folder contains only the manuals, then get a copy and put it on a DVD.

https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/category/60-windows-10 This site is German site but the downloads are in English and DVDs made are legit.

Once Windows is installed, ASUS Installation Wizard used, then check your laptop for operation.

If your laptop is still having issues, return to the ASUS Support Webpage for updated drivers and programs. ASUS seems to post new drivers and programs regularly.

The latest Fan Profile uses ASUS Keyboard hotkeys Driver V2.0.5.0 and ROG Gaming Center: 2.5.10. ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys (different than the ASUS Keyboard hotkeys Driver) is a Microsoft App and actually displays key activity on the screen.

PredatoR_TR
11-21-2018, 08:37 PM
https://www.asus.com/uk/Laptops/ROG-G703/HelpDesk_Download/ Just install the BIOS which was released yesterday. I am sure it will fix that issue. ASUS doesn't release BIOS that fast. There is only a month difference since they released the previous version.

evezy123
11-23-2018, 06:57 PM
I have done all the steps you have mentioned but it is still not working. I even sent the laptop back and had the OS reloaded to the hard drives by asus and it came back with the function still not working

jdfrench3
11-23-2018, 08:33 PM
If you returned the laptop to ASUS for disk image restoral and it was then returned to you with a defect then I would return the laptop for a complete refund!

evezy123
01-24-2019, 02:33 PM
Hi guys just an update to this problem. i just checked the support section on asus website. and there is a keyboard hotfix firmware update that has been added, if you download this and run it it should fix the issue as it has fixed mine.