PDA

View Full Version : My G74sx bbk7 gets to 86c to 91c =( playing bf3 WHY?

djboombea
02-12-2012, 08:32 AM
i do not have it over clocked
its in a cool environment
never dropped or bang it on anything
but when i play bf3 it gets to 80-91 c after 40mins of playing
i really am not sure but i do not think it should be getting this hot while playing it

when i first got it my sx
it played bf3 at a cool 60-74 c after a hour or more of pure game time

so any input would help =)

JKB0076
02-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Dust maybe? Try blowing out the exhaust vents if you can.

fostert
02-12-2012, 02:58 PM
but when i play bf3 it gets to 80-91 c after 40mins of playing
i really am not sure but i do not think it should be getting this hot while playing it

when i first got it my sx
it played bf3 at a cool 60-74 c after a hour or more of pure game time

so any input would help =)
The cause is likely dust/hair buildup in the vents, in combination with aging thermal paste that has dried and pulled away from the surfaces of the CPU IHS and heatsink. First try getting a can or two of compressed air, and blow into the intakes (on the G74 just under the bottom of the screen/lid) WHILE simultaneously holding a powerful vacuum cleaner to the exhaust ports at back. If this doesn't help, then a repaste is in order: either do it yourself (if you're out of warranty) or send 'er to a ASUS authorized repair shop, or RMA to ASUS directly. A repaste isn't all that complicated to do, but requires disassembly, an unnerving task: the benefits to doing it yourself is you can do it right (most service centres use waaaay too much paste) and use some of the top-notch paste on the market now and actually improve cooling performance!