PDA

View Full Version : Asus G703GI i7-8750H GTX1080 Moodel left small speaker problem

Amazo
11-26-2018, 04:12 PM
Hey Guys I just bought this new laptop and while I was setting it up I realised that I was smelling something burning and I noticed after that was too late, my left speaker started to burn and melted, I'm quite concerned if my laptop is faulty because it was making clicking noises specially the speaker itself and now its melted, I bought it for Black Friday had it only for like 3 days..ish :( https://i.ibb.co/TMz12wy/20181124-222340.jpg

xeromist
11-27-2018, 06:30 PM
Sorry to hear that. :(

The good news is that it's early enough you should be able to exchange it with the retailer. If they will exchange rather than refund you would still keep the discounted price.

MrRuckus
11-27-2018, 07:26 PM
Wow. I would definitely return it to the retailer and see if they can just swap it for another, this laptop is just too pricey to accept that. It could have been some wiring in the display that grounded out somehow behind that grill. I wouldnt chance that for sure. Sorry to hear about that, this being one of their flagship products, normally 703's are cream of the crop and have good QC. Maybe something in shipping compressed the box? These are pretty well packaged tho. Sounds like possibly an internal issue maybe QC didn't catch.