PDA

View Full Version : No response on my RMA

Need-To-Know
02-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Can someone please tell me who to contact at Asus to look into my RMA case for a GTX 580 Matrix?

My "Customer Service Center" will not respond to emails or answer the phone (always busy) for inquires about my RMA.
(I have not badgered/spammed them but only asked three times in the last 30 days)

My video card was originally sent in on an RMA and then returned to me with physical damage from the RMA facility. I took pictures and contacted Customer Service Center and was issued another RMA.

I sent my card back in. I tracked the package and it was signed for at the repair facility however the Asus support site says: System can't find records of your inquiry.

I contacted the "Customer Service Center" rep that issued the RMA to find out the status and he said he would get back to me but never has.
Then last week I received another RMA authorization, but the card has already been sent in and signed for at the repair facility two weeks ago.

Also I was told that my card that was physically damaged by the repair facility from the previous RMA can not be replaced due to no more stock.

I have always been patient and polite but this is getting ridiculous. At least give me some status up date. This has been going on for months.

I just want some help, that's all.

Since purchasing 4 months ago I have hardly used the card.

Last time card was returned to me in this condition:

dstrakele
02-13-2012, 11:29 PM
I would PM Mason@ASUS to see if he can offer you assistance with your issue.

Need-To-Know
02-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Thanks I will look for his PM box.

Rockford
02-13-2012, 11:43 PM
Once again.........

not good in ANY way............................................... ..............................

Hope this will be solved..

If this was happening to me, and all you saying is true, i would NEVER buy another product from that vendor........

And i would not have accepted that answer................

HiVizMan
02-13-2012, 11:54 PM
That is totally unacceptable. Mason@ASUS is a good place to start.

I will bring this thread to folks at HQ Taiwan's attention.

Need-To-Know
02-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Ahhh, You have absolutely no idea how much I appreciate that HiVizMan.

It has been a dramatic experience that I have always tried to be polite about.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I just PMed Mason.

chrsplmr
02-14-2012, 03:12 AM
Need-To-Know....Welcome New ROG Member....

You have come to right place... could not have been more polite...
only seek what is right .... and help?

Your On....and look...you have already made some friends. Bonus.
Dont forget to come back and play when you get your ROGon...
its only time now..my friend..(580..u lucky ROGr)c.

Need-To-Know
02-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome chrsplmr!

You have quite an up beat view of things. I too want to be an Asus evangelist. I write/admin on other Forums and want to say Asus took care of this problem.

At least here I have encouragement that someone might respond to my RMA. And the fact that maybe people a little higher up in Asus will take notice and not let this happen to others offers a bit of encouragement.

I built a great system that cost thousands and still, in three months, I have not used it while I wait for a video card. I sit with a huge Corsair Obsidian 800D next to me fully built but still have to use my laptop.

The idea that the card will only be repaired and not replaced also does not seem fair. I would take a card of equal value or some alternative....any alternative. I am easy just let me have something...please.
And at this point without any communications from anyone at Asus I wonder what is going on and should I look to budget for another card...?

@grottslampan - I love Asus products and my system has a great Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME motherboard, dvd & sound card. I know they are the best of the best and would love to upgrade again to their next gen of boards. But I am holding to see what the outcome of all of this is. All of my OC/Teamspeak friends have Asus products.
What I say is true. I only want my card - no reason to make up anything - it would serve no purpose. The only things left out are the amount of times I have to contact the service center before I get any answers. Also I used the "Escalation Mailbox" about my RMA problems - I never heard back from them either.....?

I will post back here on what happens.

My System:
i7 2600k sandy bridge @ 4.8 - CORSAIR H80, ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0), CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB, GTX 580 Matrix Asus ROG (On RMA), Obsidian 800D, COOLER MASTER 1000w Gold Series, OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 2x -WD 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb 64mb cache/ Raid 0, 2x - VelociRaptor 10000 rpm Raid 0, Asus Xonar Essence / TrackIR5 / Thrustmaster Cougar / VAC /Saitek Cyborg, Windows 7 Ultimate 64

chrsplmr
02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Waiting is the hardest part of any RMA... and the board sitting next to you..
calling you.... ROGme...... adds to the pain.... yea... we know. we all know...
it happens... from time to time. This too shall pass.

This WILL be resolved... worry not one more second.
I too once..had a unsettleing RMA experience ... (thats
why i ROG now..) and felt that... well i paid for a NEW one..
and now i have a 'repaired' one... is that fair ?
hahahahhahaa....
you know what i know now ?
My 'repaired' one... had the personal undivided attention
of an official ROG tech .... (or a reasonable facsimile thereof)..
and in my view...is therefore officially ROG certified...
im trying to say .... it not only runs... it runs like a graped ape.
as opposed to a NEW one made by a
Monday Morning Factory Worker ???? Geee, what was their weekend like ???

Relax... look at that corsair and smile .... wait til ur mates get a load of that thing..hahhaaa
then when YOU are ready to upgrade..... sell it to them..ehhee.

If you pm'd Mason ... it is only a matter of .... shudder ... ugh..... time.c.

HiVizMan
02-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Any update to this mate?

Need-To-Know
02-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Hello HiVizMan - my friend,

I received an PM from Mason yesterday. Appears the RMA is not in existence. After a few PM exchanges I have sent him the actual "proof of delivery" from FedEx that contains the allusive RMA number as well. He is forwarding it to the RMA facility.

I will have to say - if not for Mason I believe nothing might have ever happened. My service center rep had cut off all communications with me instead of picking up the ball and solving this problem like our hero Mr. Mason is trying to do. Which leads me to wonder about the other people who are not active in forums what are their alternatives? But I am a person of empathy and hope for the best for everyone.

My thanks to you HiVizMan is that perhaps Taiwan would take notice to improve on similar situations.

I still feel the repair is not fair (sorry my friend chrsplmr) I offer this analogy:

Say I buy a car and within a couple of months it continually over heats due to a defect in the motor. I would find it acceptable to take it back in and they just repair it. However if they delivered that car back to me with bent fenders and actual damage to the motor I would never settle for anything less than a replacement of that car. It is the principle of the matter and also I would think for the dealership a way to make amends for such a failure of service. Damage control.
Edit: To add on top of my analogy - What if once my damaged car went back to the dealership and then I went to check on it only to find they had no record of my car and then cut off communications or told me to bring the car in for repairs - but they already had it.
Notice: http://www.churchofcustomer.com/2011/12/fedexs-apology-expertly-delivered.html

I wonder if you polled Matrix owners of acceptable outcomes to such a series of events as this RMA has gone through what they would feel an appropriate outcome would be?

I am sure there is a rebuttal but this is how most business's are run. I am not looking to profit from any of this. I would take about anything at this point. I digress... :)

HiVizMan
02-16-2012, 01:38 PM
I am pleased to hear that things are moving forward. And also pleased that you have highlighted the problems of dealing with some of the customer support staff at the RMA centres. Let us both hope that the bad practices that appear to be endemic are changed to best practices.

Please do keep me informed as to where we are in the process.

chrsplmr
02-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Fantastic..... especially the part about Mason... he is sort of a Mantra around here..
Once summoned... it is done..
Its like he does nothing at all but sit and just wait for the next one to help...hahaha..
We beat on Mason more than HiZ beats on himself...... just try and out beat on himself any of them
..coming to this forum should be mandatory for the warranty.....
instead of first out of frustration .... vip.asus.com .. is not ROG .. and never will be.

The important thing, Our Now Good Friend, is you will be ROG'n long before that guy with the overClocked Motor
ever gets his 'new' car.... which will be right after his free snow cone concession in hell...hahahhahaa

i cant wait til its in your rig..and its sceaming Beast !!! hahaha..... we are all on the same ROG.c.

cravinmild
02-17-2012, 06:23 AM
Fantastic stuff, glad to see there is progress. Your choice of card was not wrong, just a few speedbumps along the way. You mention about compensation without "getting extras", I still say air mail and delivery to your house ALL FREE. That would make me feel special if it were me in your situation. Its not much but it gets you your card asap....so you can start to enjoy it.

I came across this while surfing, it will help you waste some time while you wait. JJ is a FREEEEAAAKkkkkk, if he had breasts and a vagina id want to marry him

Enjoy this amazing utube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP8Q-7Mdztg

chrsplmr
02-17-2012, 12:33 PM
...hahaha.... thats funny.. i thought i heard him say the same thing about you !!!

and yes indeed, if you type [ jj @ asus ] in youtube ....... lots of goodies ...

......... ill get the popcorn.c.

Need-To-Know
02-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Nice video. My Friend in Sweden has started his setup similar to that. Not as much ram...yet.

I too want to head in the direction, but waiting for the Ivy and to see the outcome of all of these RMA problems before I purchase another board & video card.

Personally I want to use all 4 monitors I have so maybe another 580....maybe.

chrsplmr
02-17-2012, 04:25 PM
"..all these RMA problems.." ???
Im glad you brought this up..............

Many find 'here' for the first time, myself included, through frustration
of just such an experience.
But then we are here a bit, getting through the RMA process is never
as quick as we wish it .. so we read .. learn .. post .. and wait for our Goodies to return.

The Many RMA's ???
Asus sold 20,000,000 motherboards last year alone..and are on target to exceed
that this year in a big way.

So in all fairness...lets look at 'How many.." ..... 10% .. that would be 2,000,000 RMA's..
ok not all of them are ROG boards ... so if 10% of that were ROG that would be 200,000
RMA's ?? ... of 1% would be 20,000 ...... the forum would be unreadable...with all the ranting.
I have looked, searched, counted............ all the way back to the beginning of the forum..
a few hundred ....... most were 'user' error .. and I have yet to fine one .... thats ONE.. that
was not resolved in the end .... well thats not true .. i saw two ... one the guy just loved to
hate everything ... and would not be pleased if it were superTweaked by GOD himself..
and the other ... was trying to prove that a competitor was superior....FAIL.

The point is ... many say .... 'ALL' these RMA's --- and then YOU and I come in and read.. and think..
wait a minute ... when in reality ... hahahhaa ... This is the top equipment on the market..bar none.
The competition only wishes the stories were true. The numbers dont lie. Neither do World Records.
i would bet that the number is a minute percentage of 1% .... sales are staggering..they wouldnt be.

This in no way is an excuse for the issues in the repair facilities. (i trust that Asus is on this big time)
or the few 'no excuse for it' issues of the G..(this is easily changed, asus)...we all know them well.

So wait if you wish ... the Next New thing is always around the corner... but worry not of RMA.
You are 99% home free yourself ......... you are already a member and have found here..
the rest is but a post away....as you and I have found.

I just thought you 'Need'd-To-Know" ....hehehhe... with all due respect our friend.c.

HiVizMan
02-17-2012, 04:33 PM
There will be problems with kit especially when you have so many units sold. But that does not excuse the really rubbish way that some ASUS owners get treated. Really makes me angry when they are given the run around like that.

When you break it down into pure numbers the RMA ration is very very tiny in relation to how many units are sold. The ideal is no RMA of course. Never going to happen in my lifetime. Electronics just don't read from the same hymn sheet.

Need-To-Know
02-17-2012, 06:31 PM
@chrsplmr - I will rephrase for you - "All of MY RMA problems." It is only logical from my stand point not to purchase products from a company until it is PROVEN to ME that MY current product/problems are resolved properly (too late for timely).

Waiting for the RMA (2x) is not totally my issue at this point - in MY view it has been the handling of MY case.

I did not mean to indict the whole company or RMA process. But nothing is over yet in MY case and true you have all confidence (which is great for you!!) but I have not seen the end yet so I will wait. I can only (logically) reference what I have experienced so far, before spending another thousand plus dollars.

And to be honest buddy, this is all I am going to debate about all of that.

I will give updates on the outcome.

cravinmild
02-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Its difficult to buy again when youve recived such poor "service after the sale", i hear you. I think (hope) your experince is the rare case and not the norm....which im sure it is. I just recived a DOA Seasonic 1000w platinum psu, guess how i felt. Now i was offered all my money back and could have gone with another vender but after spending so much time picking this part i chose to try them again ..... glad i did too. I wont take a single incident as a reason not to ever buy again but trust me if the second one showed up DOA id never buy a Seasonic psu again. Your experience is distrubing and i most certainly hope i never have to go though it myself but even with that said Asus/ROG have an excelent name and even after this my next mobo upgrade will be Asus...fingers crossed lol.

Keep us in the loop, even if not to pop in and say nothing has changed as yet, that speaks volumes too.

Need-To-Know
02-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Hey look, another week goes by and no answers, AWESOME!

Straight from the orginal RMA email:
"RMA process is approximately 10 business days"

Looking at over 60 days since the original RMA.

Need-To-Know
02-27-2012, 03:31 PM
So Mason and myself have come to an agreement.

Since they do not have anymore Matrix cards I will be accepting a card that is worth $40 less (not including what I have spent on shipping) than what I spent on my Matrix (from the same retailer). But after the other card that was offered was worth even less and I tried to debate for a card at the same price point from what I paid (unsuccessfully) I decided to just accept and bring this to an end.

I still thank Mason for at least getting me something.

Nothing has shipped to me yet so I will not call this resolved yet.

I would advise anyone else looking to buy a similar product to always purchase any additional warranties the retailer offers.

Hyper
03-04-2012, 01:34 AM
So Mason and myself have come to an agreement.

Since they do not have anymore Matrix cards I will be accepting a card that is worth $40 less (not including what I have spent on shipping) than what I spent on my Matrix (from the same retailer). But after the other card that was offered was worth even less and I tried to debate for a card at the same price point from what I paid (unsuccessfully) I decided to just accept and bring this to an end.

I still thank Mason for at least getting me something.

Nothing has shipped to me yet so I will not call this resolved yet.

I would advise anyone else looking to buy a similar product to always purchase any additional warranties the retailer offers.

Now there is customer support for you ....................................... NOT !

2 months of heartache and have to accept a lesser product , way to go ASUS

Take it Upstairs
03-04-2012, 06:52 AM
AWESOME! Tell them to keep it and replace it with an 7970 or a 680 when it gets released!

cravinmild
03-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Im sorry to hear this. Not what i would consiter to be an acceptable conclusion. Im sure your frustrated also. I hope that the new card is good to you though, bad luck with the last one, it happens. I recived a seasonic 1000w platinum not long ago that was DOA, it was more money out of pocket once all was said and done.

I agree that a better alternative would have been a 7970 or the new 680 as both are the top end as was the card you bought, that would have been a fair comparison.....or your money back. From what was said I was under the assumption that there were cards held back for RMA purposes but it seems that was not entirely true. I think ASUS could have done better by you on this, I pray that i am not in your situation with my card if it ever fails on me.

Kutos to you, you were most accomitdating and well spoken though it all, for that you should be proud. I for one do not think i would have been the same and most certainly have said things that i could not take back and regret saying. +reps to you for your handling of this situation.

Area 66
03-06-2012, 12:54 PM
From what was said I was under the assumption that there were cards held back for RMA purposes but it seems that was not entirely true. .

That's the way the thing work, they produce, sell and after it's discontinued. Even Microsoft do the same ( and it's far more easy to copy a software than make a limited edition GPU )

Need-To-Know
03-06-2012, 09:13 PM
I received my replacement card today. It is a new HD7950-DC2T. A good card but not nearly as sexy as the Matrix.

Yeah I tried for the 7970 but they would not do it. Here is the response:
"Normally, we don't give new cards as replacement since that's not the warranty policy. It would either be repaired or the replacement would be refurbished"
The other option I was given was:
"wait to see if we get stock on a GTX 580 which could be likely in the next couple of weeks"
While I can agree that maybe policy for general RMA service after a company drops the ball...loses the ball - maybe bend some of those policies a bit more.....IMO.

I had waited too long so went with option 1.

Frustrating....yes very but right now I am just soooo happy to look at a real card in my system. I have not been able to play BF3 (main game we play) since Thanksgiving last year.

So tonight it is party time for me as I have listened to my friends playing for months now and could not join in.

I do offer this advice for anyone who wants to take it:

1 - Buy the additional warranties the retailer offers for any Asus product!!
Newegg would have had another card to me in days - instead of months. Newegg rocks!

2 - Do not be passive in the process of your RMA (like I was). Nothing actually ever happened except on the days I emailed someone at Asus. I tried to be patient and only email once every 7 days, but those where the only times when anyone made any moves.
If they say "We need to check stock and will get back to you" they never did for me - contact them back the next day.
Remember - "The squeaky wheel gets the most oil"

3 - Mason is the only one who seems to be able to get ANYTHING done at the company. I went through service reps and escalation reps, none of them did anything or ever contacted me back when they said they would.
Mason is a company man though = while Asus could have given me something on the same price point and I even offered to pay the $70 extra for the 7970 instead of taking a $40 loss - they would not do it.....odd for a company that makes billions in sales trying to save those few little dollars (IMO) after such a failure of service as this was?

4 - Try to not go totally insane while going through this. I came so close to going postal on someone (if i could find who bent my card up I would have) If it had been something cheaper like a mouse I could have just bought another one, but when someone forks out 550 bucks for a video card it is hard to just pop down for another one.
Asus gets top honors for great products (most of the time) - but will always serve in my memory as the worst service I have ever received. (no tip) :)

Area 66
03-06-2012, 09:34 PM
In my hearth, You deserved a 7970

Need-To-Know
03-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks buddy,

It actually does help a lot getting support and understanding from others.

Just got the card installed and heading for the Battlefield!

Get to test out my new R.A.T. 7 mouse and the extra memory I added too.

Look at me I am on a real computer again - HURRAY!

Asus no hard feelings but I would not turn down another 7950 for crossfire..... LOL

cravinmild
03-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Glad to see you gaming again, if you want pm me for my username on bf3 and we can do some orgainized killing WOOT.

The ra7 is an amazing mouse albeit some tracking issues on the 5600dpi ones. I dont think the newer 6400dpi models have the issue. I was in a "I want a new mouse' phase and ive just returned my Rat 7 after a weeks trial. Fantastic in every way.....but one. There is a new rat 7 out now, the RAT MMO 7. Its a mmo mouse crammed with buttons, 6400dpi, all the customization of the rat 7, bigger, badder and sexier . IF not for the those reasons id still have it right now. I tried a few logitech ones and the Razer Naga also but returned all them too. There are a few with the mouse now but i got my preoreder in late so im still waiting on a new factory shipment. Utube this mouse if you want but i dont know if you can handle anymore disapointment at this point.

WOOT BF3

Guess we wont be seeing you around in the Geforce section anymore but pop in from time to time

Need-To-Know
03-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Hey Cravin,

Yeah my RAT7 moves all over even when I am not touching it. Like a ghost is controlling it. lol
I did all of the FAQ standard fixes from the MADCATZ site but nothing works.

Maybe I am calloused now as it does not really bother me that I have to return it. Newegg has already issued me a full refund when they receive it back. (not even a restocking fee) Way cool mouse though.

Let me know what you find out about the MMO7. I had seen it but Newegg didn't have any yet. I might order one of these next.

Video card works good so far. :)

CP2012
09-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Man I feel your pain. This level of customer service is bull****. It's like we're punished for buying top end product. If Asus can't stock reasonable levels of repaired and brand-new boards to ship out to their customers, then I'm not going to bother with them anymore.

I bought a Z77 WS board not long ago. After 30 something days it broke, not being able to detect all DIMMs and is missing many options it once had.

After setting up a RMA, nobody sent me any email in the promised 48 hours time frame. I called Asus for a few days now, all I get is "we don't have any WS boards in stock, so you're gonna have to wait". Then what the hell is the point of having a "Premium Service" program if you don't have any boards to cross ship in the first place?

I would send the board in if only there was some guarantee that it would come back to me in full working order. But having seen Asus' repair track record, I'm very hesitant that they can repair the combination of errors on my board or even get the board to me in the same condition that it is in. I'm in no mood to ship a board back and forth. I've had weeks of downtime already and this is just getting ridiculous.

**** me for buying a board that is not very popular. But why am I left holding the bag for buying an update-to-day premium $300+ product? Why can't Asus do the responsible thing and offer me a brand new WS or at the very least, offer me an alternative board?

chrsplmr
09-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Welcome to ROGforum ... christpunchers .. First off .. Start a 'New' Thread .. (I would suggest in Non-ROG boards section.) [[This thread is from Feb.2012]]
Keep the focus on Your issue until it is resolved ... humbly suggested.

The very next thing I would do is : PM (PrivateMessege) cl-scott .. with any and all numbers, rma# ect .. and see if there is something he can do to 'walk' your board through this process ..

You raise some very interesting points and questions of the 'premium service' .. threads like this help to shine the
light in those dark spots. cudos.

TrackRecord? 'We' are quite proud of the 'track record' in 'Here' for such things .. Give 'them' a go.
Best of Luck.
Please, Keep us Posted ...c.