PDA

View Full Version : Cooler Master HAF-X Help...

Chef
02-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Looking at some of these threads, and threads I find randomly through google search I find some very cool case mods for the HAF-X. Although I don't have a huge amount of resources at my disposal (Pleanty of random tools, and a dremel) I was wondering if you guys could suggest something interesting and perhaps 'beginnerish' for me to do with it. After looking at some of these builds a few red led case fans just don't satisfy my craving anymore... I'll upload a pic of my current build if need be.

On a side note, I suppose I could water cool everything to give it that cool look, however that (to me) seems like a monstrosity of a task.

Rockford
02-14-2012, 02:34 AM
It dont come with a light mod.......

go to coolermasters website, you have ALL the info u need there..

Chef
02-14-2012, 02:40 AM
It dont come with a light mod.......

go to coolermasters website, you have ALL the info u need there..

I guess I don't fully understand your reply, and perhaps you don't fully understand my thread... I'm just looking for ideas in the realm of modifying my haf x...

Rockford
02-14-2012, 02:41 AM
ok............

chrsplmr
02-14-2012, 02:48 AM
Another real good place to start is look up (search) a few of the member thread & stickys..here in mod'n..
Two come to mind....there are so many...dont mean to leave anyone out..but.
MonsterMaud
PcJunkie209
a real good start.c.

Chef
02-14-2012, 03:06 AM
Alright, thanks guys. :)

InnervateD
02-14-2012, 05:31 PM
I modded all my 200mm and 230mm RED LED case fans with seperated wires from each of the fans and hooked them up to the LED switch on the HAF-X case. So when I don't want the lights, I can press the LED light button on the case and it'll disable the RED LED lights on all the large case fans.

It's pretty sweet, requires a bit of soldering and if you're like me and it's all about the small details, sleeving and heat shrinking is a must.

jd2266
02-28-2012, 12:02 AM
they sell a full side window for the haf x on frozencpu.com.i don't know if you would be interested but it would give your haf x full view for whatever mod you want to do internally, they also sell plenty of do it yourself add on's .just a thought.i have a haf x blue edition and i love it

DaemonCantor
02-28-2012, 12:22 AM
Here's an idea since you have simple tools, Cut the side panel your self and install a piece of Lexan from the local hardware store so that you have a side window that you've done yourself also you can take that piece of lexan to a local engraver that has a laser etching system and for under $100 you can get a custom graphic inscribed into it before you assemble.

tadhp
02-28-2012, 01:22 AM
Here's an idea since you have simple tools, Cut the side panel your self and install a piece of Lexan from the local hardware store so that you have a side window that you've done yourself

Like this

Or

That should be able to keep you busy ....... away from too much game :D
Best of luck

DaemonCantor
02-28-2012, 02:16 AM
That is SWEET looooking!

InnervateD
02-29-2012, 07:00 AM
The HAF-X doesn't have much left over for design like the pics above. The Window it self takes up quite a lot of the panel itself minus the 200mm grill on the side window. Even if you cut that off, you really have a huge window, there's really not much metal left to create much of anything cool looking design wise. It also doesn't help that the window is also embossed quite a bit out from the actual panel, usually that's where most people who do window mods on their HAF-X would cut. So that they have a completely flat window panel.

If you really were to cut out the 200mm grill of the HAF-X your pretty much left with is a giant window which is nice looking because I've seen the full cut out windows on the HAF-X, but I feel that that side window case fan is required for the case especially if your going SLi/Crossfire option, the extra air flow is a much needed IMHO.

And if you really do put a 200mm case fan on that window side you will cover up those beautiful video cards. I know I have one and it covers up my pair of MATRIX GTX580s :( but at least my grill is nice looking so I don't actually quite mind the cover up.

_
02-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Depends on what the OP needs (in terms of extra features - although the HAFX is pretty stacked) vs wants (lighting, paint job, remodelling).

Lighting is the easiest option, then fan replacement. Beyond that you could look at cutting out the fan grills and putting in something more ornate?

Chris Manico
02-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Not that I'm against modding, but IMO, the CM HAF X is a work of art, I was expecting a good solid case after all the reviews I read pre build, but apon getting it and having it 2 weeks , I'm in total awe. the only change I made was ordering a red megaflow 200 mm and put it on the side in place of the black non LED that came installed there. I also took into accont that the size of the case doesn't really show off the red LED on top do to the way my desk is. Honestly the only real want i could see is the VGA fan holder that holds the 120 mm attched tot he HDD cage would be made of clear plastic, I ordered a 120 mm Sikleflow red led fan and its hardly visable .

tadhp
03-01-2012, 12:42 AM
I could cut that HAF X window any way I want and intergrade the fan into the new window, complete re-design and fabricate both side, but that is too much work for the old man now.
I like the HAF X size, roomy, big enough for all my art design.

Giannis996
04-02-2012, 07:34 PM
beautiful!!! ill make something for my case when i have time to use my router! :P