PDA

View Full Version : GX800VH cant seem to run windows 1809

itaylor57
12-08-2018, 10:20 PM
I recently got the ROG GX800VHK which has windows 1607 and all seems well on that build version. I attempted to update to build 1809 with bad results. The ASUS gaming center failed to report cpu stats. The system was horribly slow, so I reverted back to 1609. I am hoping someone else might have information along this line.

Thanks for any input.

jdfrench3
12-08-2018, 10:53 PM
Windows 1809 jacks up a lot of stuff.

I found if you delete your offending programs using control panel/programs and features, then using the ASUS Installation Wizard found in your eSupport Folder, reinstall the programs you deleted. Finally return to the ASUS Download Center and download and install the latest version of the affected program.

This process worked for me.

Good Luck

itaylor57
12-09-2018, 12:42 AM

I found if you delete your offending programs using control panel/programs and features, then using the ASUS Installation Wizard found in your eSupport Folder, reinstall the programs you deleted. Finally return to the ASUS Download Center and download and install the latest version of the affected program.

Good Luck

Thanks for your quick response. The system response was horrendous so maybe I will need to also reinstall the Nvidia driver. It takes a bit of time to do the upgrade so it may take awhile for me to redo it all.

itaylor57
12-09-2018, 02:36 AM

Good Luck

Seems it was the Intel ME component. Seems to be working now

much thanks