PDA

View Full Version : G-74SX-BBK7 specific drivers

Maximum_102
02-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post in the forums and before anything else I would like to say that I am loving my new G74SX even if its the lower-end version. More power to you guys.

First off I have the bbk7 version. These are the driver updates I have already installed: (oh and i dont want to touch the BIOS and the touchpad because im using an external keyboard and Im afraid of bricking the laptop)

1: intel wifi/wimax combo 6150
2: Fresco USB 3
3: Latest Nvidia Verde Drivers

Which drivers would you suggest i should download next? particularly for the BBK7. (I'm not sure which drivers are not included in this model and i believe there isnt a page dedicated to the best buy versions).

PS... does my laptop also have the throttling issues? I wouldnt know and im too much of a noob to test it. thanks.

dstrakele
02-14-2012, 04:22 PM
For a gaming rig like the G74SX, you'll get the most bang for your buck (in terms of playing the new games) upgrading the video driver, which you've already done. If you have a Sentelic touchpad and want it to stay disabled if you are using a different pointing device, you will want to upgrade to the 9.1.7.7 Sentelic driver.

All of the G74SX models are susceptible to CPU throttling. The best workaround at present is to install and run ThrottleStop. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2329-ATTENTION-G73-53SW-Owners-CPU-Throttling-to-798mhz-and-how-to-fix-it

BrodyBoy
02-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Which drivers would you suggest i should download next? particularly for the BBK7. (I'm not sure which drivers are not included in this model and i believe there isnt a page dedicated to the best buy versions).
There aren't support pages dedicated to individual G74 configurations because the one G74 page accommodates all of them. While your model most likely came with an Intel WLAN card and a Synaptics touchad, there are other configs with Azurewave cards and Sentelic touchpads. So the G74 support page posts all those drivers, and leaves it to the owner to know their machine and choose the appropriate drivers they need.

If your G74 is performing well....if you're not experiencing any issues....I'd say leave it alone. :) As Drew said, the video driver is important, so if you have already updated that and it's working properly, you're good to go. Why mess with success?

Maximum_102
02-15-2012, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the speedy reply, much appreciated. What about the Realtek Audio drivers? I downloaded the one on the sticky, the R267 driver, but when i check my device manager it shows 4 Nvidia HD audio drivers and a Realtek HD audio driver version 6.0.1.6348? Will the R27 drivers work here? thnx

PILGRIM
02-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply, much appreciated. What about the Realtek Audio drivers? I downloaded the one on the sticky, the R267 driver, but when i check my device manager it shows 4 Nvidia HD audio drivers and a Realtek HD audio driver version 6.0.1.6348? Will the R27 drivers work here? thnx

The 4 Nvidia HD audio drivers came with the nVidia driver. They're for external audio output via HDMI, supposedly.
(I also have them and leave them there, since they don't interfere with the Realtek Audio.)
I think it's safe to uninstall them if they're not useful to you..

The Realtek audio should work just fine with or without the nVidia HD audio.
As far as I know, the Realtek HD Audio R2.67 is the driver we need for the G74.

By the way, my Realtek Audio is the 6.0.1.6526 version.
You might want to update it here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

"Magandang gabi sayo.."

Maximum_102
02-16-2012, 12:28 AM
I installed the Realtek drivers and they worked perfectly, updating to the newer version. I guess Im all set! One more thing though, when i installed the intel Wifi/Wimax 6150 combo (the one with the included intel software), my little startup icon shows "ADAPTOR NOT FOUND" on it and only detects the adaptor when I disconnect then reconnect wireless LAN 2 on the network management folder. I did a clean uninstall and then reinstall of the driver to no effect. Any workaround? i dont want to have to disconnect and reconnect the wireless LAN 2 every time I boot up, Although my wifi works on boot up, its just annoying that all the options are "greyed" out on the quick access menu when you right click on the startup icon UNTIL i do the disconnect reconnect thing...then all the options are available again. annoying at most really. Thanks... "SALAMAT!" :)

dstrakele
02-16-2012, 02:43 AM
One more thing though, when i installed the intel Wifi/Wimax 6150 combo (the one with the included intel software), my little startup icon shows "ADAPTOR NOT FOUND" on it and only detects the adaptor when I disconnect then reconnect wireless LAN 2 on the network management folder. I did a clean uninstall and then reinstall of the driver to no effect. Any workaround?

I recommend deleting the "LAN 2" network and creating a new wireless network connection.

PILGRIM
02-16-2012, 02:52 AM
If you haven't done it yet, turning on Realtek's built-in "Loudness Equalization" improves sound quality a bit.
(In taskbar > click Speakers > click Speakers icon > Properties > Enhancements).

I'm thinking of 2 things regarding your WiFi:
1. Might re-seating the hardware solve the issue (loose connection)?
2. Might there be conflict between the Wireless Console 3 and the Intel WiFi?