PDA

View Full Version : LiveDash - Asus Rog Ryuo

nxtlevel_tv
12-13-2018, 11:20 PM
Hello,

tried LiveDash with my new Asus Rog Ryou 240 on Asus Rog X470-F Gaming | Ryzen 7 2700x.
On Tab AIO Cooler i can select Voltage from CPU / DRAM but it doesn't appear on the OLED Display. Same with all options from "Watercooling" like Water In / Water
Out, nothing ist displayed.

LiveDash - Version 1.4.1
Firmware on Ryuo - 0106

Thanks for any help!

mdzcpa
12-14-2018, 01:25 AM
Hello,

tried LiveDash with my new Asus Rog Ryou 240 on Asus Rog X470-F Gaming | Ryzen 7 2700x.
On Tab AIO Cooler i can select Voltage from CPU / DRAM but it doesn't appear on the OLED Display. Same with all options from "Watercooling" like Water In / Water
Out, nothing ist displayed.

LiveDash - Version 1.4.1
Firmware on Ryuo - 0106

Thanks for any help!

I believe you need to run AI Suite as well.

nxtlevel_tv
12-14-2018, 08:22 AM
I believe you need to run AI Suite as well.

AI Suite 3, latest Version installed - same Problem.
For Ryuo, there is only a quickstart guide without any further information.

mdzcpa
12-15-2018, 06:26 AM
AI Suite 3, latest Version installed - same Problem.
For Ryuo, there is only a quickstart guide without any further information.

Do you have both the SATA power cable AND the USB cable connected to the motherboard?

nxtlevel_tv
12-15-2018, 12:35 PM
SATA to Motherboard?

USB -> Motherboard
SATA -> PSU

So, there are only a few stats who doesn't show up on the OLED, like Voltage and all options from watercooling.
All the other options works well, so i think there is a problem with the software?

mdzcpa
12-15-2018, 02:45 PM
SATA to Motherboard?

USB -> Motherboard
SATA -> PSU

So, there are only a few stats who doesn't show up on the OLED, like Voltage and all options from watercooling.
All the other options works well, so i think there is a problem with the software?

The way you have made your connections was what I was trying to describe. So you are good there.

Last thought, in your UEFI are you seeing the readings you are trying to report under the Monitor section? Are they also appearing in AI Suite?

nxtlevel_tv
12-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Yes, i can see the voltages in UEFI and AI Suite!

Water Temps IN/OUT - i think there isn't any option in UEFI?

mdzcpa
12-16-2018, 03:08 PM
Yes, i can see the voltages in UEFI and AI Suite!

Water Temps IN/OUT - i think there isn't any option in UEFI?

Yes, Water Temp IN and OUT are both in the UEFI as well. Check you Monitor section of the UEFI to see them. Make sure none of the voltages or temperatures you wish to see are set to Ignore.

If everything is correct in the UEFI, my last suggestion would be to re-install AS Suite (first) and then re-install Live Dash. Maybe that will help. Sounds like a glitch of some sort.

tungd00927
12-16-2018, 03:43 PM
same problem here, please fix

Killao
12-16-2018, 09:47 PM
Got the same issue since i got the Cooler. I can select settings and what not but won't display on OLED.

nxtlevel_tv
12-17-2018, 03:51 PM
i really want this fixed!
I bought the AIO exactly for that kind of features.

tungd00927
12-18-2018, 02:37 AM
i really want this fixed!
I bought the AIO exactly for that kind of features.

seems like only AMD system will meet this problem, i have almost the same spec with you
or only with the X470F gaming mainboard
is there anyone else has the same problem here using ryzen with another kind of mainboard?

AndersT
12-19-2018, 02:42 AM
I have another problem with my RYUO 240... i have it mounted so the display is upside-down... i have to start the LiveDash to rotate 180 degree every time... isnt there anyway to save that setting so when i power off and on my system i dont have to do it all over again?

tungd00927
12-19-2018, 03:10 AM
I have another problem with my RYUO 240... i have it mounted so the display is upside-down... i have to start the LiveDash to rotate 180 degree every time... isnt there anyway to save that setting so when i power off and on my system i dont have to do it all over again?

same problem here when you turn off your PSU, i think we need to wait for the next version of ryuo's firmware

nxtlevel_tv
12-19-2018, 08:44 AM

Same here! I needed to mount the coolingblock with the hoses on the left side, otherwise it would conflict with my RAM Modules.

I've opened a ticket 5 days ago, no response yet. Pretty sad, not sure if i should buy a ASUS ROG Swift Monitor, if the support is that bad at all :(

nxtlevel_tv
12-23-2018, 04:36 PM
I got message from Asus Support!

They want screenshots / photos from the situation - so actually i regret buying this AIO from ASUS.
It took about 8 working days to answer my question, and then its needed to document the whole issue in photos?

nxtlevel_tv
12-24-2018, 09:45 AM
Link to the short Video -> https://youtu.be/lpV8r59tWQM
Not sure if it helps to find the "problem" behind, but i had send the video with all informations to asus support germany

tungd00927
12-25-2018, 02:25 AM
Link to the short Video -> https://youtu.be/lpV8r59tWQM
Not sure if it helps to find the "problem" behind, but i had send the video with all informations to asus support germany

at least you get some respond from them, i believe all amd based system has this problem with the ryuo, ryujin AIO, just waiting for the next firmware release

Killao
12-25-2018, 02:53 AM
at least you get some respond from them, i believe all amd based system has this problem with the ryuo, ryujin AIO, just waiting for the next firmware release

I'm having the same problem, I'm on Intel.

nxtlevel_tv
01-02-2019, 11:47 PM
Nothing new from ASUS! :mad:
Awaiting phone call from asus support, i'm really disappointed about the customer service and overall product quality.

Fresh Windows 10 install didn't help, new LiveDash Beta from 24.12.2018 changed nothing!

mdzcpa
01-03-2019, 01:39 AM
Nothing new from ASUS! :mad:
Awaiting phone call from asus support, i'm really disappointed about the customer service and overall product quality.

Fresh Windows 10 install didn't help, new LiveDash Beta from 24.12.2018 changed nothing!

Your issues are a bit confusing. Your previous posts mention water temperature reporting, Does your motherboard have the thermal probe headers and do you have thermal probes set up to measure water temps? Since you are using an AIO cooler I'm confused if maybe you have a different water loop set up for maybe the GPU.

Live Dash is set up to accommodate different boards with differing monitoring capabilities. Therefore not all the options under Live Dash will work for some systems. It depends on the motherboard and how you are using your monitoring (eg such as the water temps that require thermal probes). Voltages *should* work across all the boards as long as they are being reported correctly under the UEFI. But part of the confusion is the water temps you are trying to display.

EDIT- I just check and it appears your motherboard does not support Water Temp headers. So there is no information to report there.

EDIT 2 - The voltages should work as long as they are reported in the UEFI. Try setting Live Dash to report only the CPU/RAM voltage, apply and reboot the PC and see if they come up. DO NOT set the water temps...your mobo doesn't have them

tungd00927
01-03-2019, 04:16 PM
so after months of having the ryuo 240, finally i found some gif to play with,
it's perfectly design for uploading, but the oled got stucked, nothing display at all, no response from the oled display also
i also have to switch off the PSU to get it work again
anyone experiencing this?

nxtlevel_tv
01-04-2019, 03:38 PM
Your issues are a bit confusing. Your previous posts mention water temperature reporting, Does your motherboard have the thermal probe headers and do you have thermal probes set up to measure water temps? Since you are using an AIO cooler I'm confused if maybe you have a different water loop set up for maybe the GPU.

Live Dash is set up to accommodate different boards with differing monitoring capabilities. Therefore not all the options under Live Dash will work for some systems. It depends on the motherboard and how you are using your monitoring (eg such as the water temps that require thermal probes). Voltages *should* work across all the boards as long as they are being reported correctly under the UEFI. But part of the confusion is the water temps you are trying to display.

EDIT- I just check and it appears your motherboard does not support Water Temp headers. So there is no information to report there.

EDIT 2 - The voltages should work as long as they are reported in the UEFI. Try setting Live Dash to report only the CPU/RAM voltage, apply and reboot the PC and see if they come up. DO NOT set the water temps...your mobo doesn't have them

Voltages are shown in UEFI correctly, they also be shown in AiSuite3. Not on my RYUO!

Water-Temps: I thought the temperatures are measureable by the RYUO itself. So if there isn't any inbuilt temperature sensors for this, whats the point to display In/Out temps on an AIO?

Find on the product information page -> "Hardware monitoring feature is optimized for ASUS Motherboards".
There is no list or any further information, monitoring functions are limited to certain boards. So at least i bought this overpriced AIO just to see my CPU-Frequency and CPU Temperature, instead as advertised with much more functionality? If thats the truth, ASUS should put that information on product page. Personally i wouldn't buy this AIO if the functionality is limited by certain boards without any further information about. :mad:

nxtlevel_tv
01-11-2019, 03:13 PM
No answer yet! Sorry guys, but this is the worst customer service ever!
Didn't recommend buying this AiO, only to show CPU frequency and fan rpm, it's overprized! Very disappointing...

cah4e3
01-11-2019, 03:34 PM
do you guys realize, that AiO coolers wont give info about water flow in/out or temp? It's only for custom loops..

Hangman_TR
03-24-2020, 09:46 AM
"The problem of the water in and out parts" is not about Water Temp headers. Because AIO has not a header to plug in to motherboard. AIO must calculate them itself. But also I could not make it. My livedash is working fine but the only problem is water temps. It is not possible to show them. I think Asus did not put a sensor in it.

My board is Asus ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming. I mean I use an updated mainboard but water in and out is not working on me. Any solution?