PDA

View Full Version : Asus G752VS very bad sound quality

JonSuder
12-25-2018, 08:37 AM
Hello, I just got my new gaming laptop but it has very bad sound quality. Sometimes it just starts to make sounds randomly, probably a driver bug.
How can I make that stop and how can I increase the sound Quality?

Thanks

jdfrench3
12-25-2018, 02:37 PM
The best Realtek driver I use on my G752VSK is version 6.0.1.8443.

JonSuder
12-26-2018, 10:28 AM
I tried that already. The only thing that has worked so far is the standard windows audio driver. But when I use that one I have three audio devices. First is the subwoofer, second the small speakers behind the display, third the digital audio jack.

jdfrench3
12-26-2018, 04:18 PM
Try installing the original audio driver from your eSupport Folder first, then upgrade to the latest Realtek driver.

JustinThyme
12-26-2018, 04:48 PM
Laptops in general lack the depth of sound we’ve come to take for granted. Reminds me of my younger years and small handheld transistor radios.*

The G752 went due south regardless of the model. The previous G751’s gave a better experience but it’s still a laptop. My recommendation? Forget the onboard audio and use a Bluetooth speaker, some of which sound surprisingly good and yet are still portable with far more battery life than the laptop can achieve.**

AtomicStryker
01-06-2019, 01:22 PM
You can try using the Sonic Studio software - i found that when i cranked up several of the config options (i think bass, clarity...?) the sound got slightly better. It's still unusually bad for a laptop IMO.

johnbonachon
09-18-2019, 12:40 AM
For the record.

I tried to install some updated drivers and they give me a lot of troubles and the audio sounds AWFUL (like underwater)

So we need to uninstall all drivers then install the drivers from scratch:

First, uninstall the driver of the audio Device Manager > Sound, video and gaming controller -> uninstall Realtek audio driver (if you can, then mark the option to uninstalls the drivers)

Then (in the menu),Device Manager -> view -> show hidden devices.

Then Device Manager >Audio inputs and outputs> uninstall everything marked as (Realtek(r) audio). It uninstalls the drivers for the speakers.

And finally:

a) you could install the drivers for your notebook or, if it fails then:
b) you could install the default (Realtek) drivers then, over them, the drivers for your notebook