PDA

View Full Version : All SUITE - disables beQuite AIO Pump?

cah4e3
01-05-2019, 03:46 AM
Another problem with my ROG Crosshair VII here...
I have Ryzen 2700x + beQuiet silentLoop 280mm.
Pump is connected to AIO header, and both radiator coolers connected to CPU fan headers (CPU + CPU OPT).

On linux all works fine, in bios all works fine - in windows (WITHOUT All Suite everything seems fine).

If i install All suite and start FAN calibrating process - IT just disables AIO pump... (literally - while starting calibration, watched with hwinfo64 - it goes down to 0 - after 3-5 secs system shut's down... need to unplug power cord to get it up running).

P.S.

In bios, Q-Fan is disabled for AIO pump (so no software control, always max for this header).
If after format i don't install All suite, everything works fine also, problems start AFTER i install All suite...

Any ideas?
Thanks.

tungd00927
01-05-2019, 09:45 AM
ai suite is still so much buggy, i suggest you to change your setup:
go plug AIO pump to CPU FAN headers
and 2 radiator fans to chassis fan headers (you might need a fan splitter here if you want to setup more chassis fans)

mdzcpa
01-06-2019, 12:36 AM
When running Fan Expert calibration, are you being patient enough to let the pump spin back up? All the fans/headers are spun to a stop and them spun back up. This way the software knows minimum voltages for each fan/pump on each header.

You can also disconnect the pump from the AIO headers and calibrate then re-connect the pump. This will give the AIO header a default fan curve.

chris69
01-07-2019, 11:45 PM
https://share.infistar.de/d57abd37-9179-445d-91c0-b1b22cb69211.png

This is what my corsair H-115i 280mm radiator / cooler runs like on my i9-9900k while doing nothing but watching netflix and this forum (2 monitors)
I have used AI suite as well and have used the fan expert

to me this seems fine, but I might be wrong.

Your's shut down your pump? o_O
My Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F has a header for "AIO PUMP" which I used to power the pump- the AIO has a seperate SATA Power connector, which is used to power the the Radiator Fans I guess + also some USB connection to control it / the RGB maybe.

How is yours looking?

cah4e3
01-11-2019, 12:41 PM
When running Fan Expert calibration, are you being patient enough to let the pump spin back up? All the fans/headers are spun to a stop and them spun back up. This way the software knows minimum voltages for each fan/pump on each header.

You can also disconnect the pump from the AIO headers and calibrate then re-connect the pump. This will give the AIO header a default fan curve.

I can be patient enough, but is i wrote in beginning - PC shut's down in process (because of AIO pump being disabled - overheat protection i think). =)
Also - in bios all controls for AiO pump are disabled (so always running 12v / @100%), i think issue is - that fanXpert tuning does fetch this config from bios and try's to tweak AIO pump anyway (disabling it in process for calibration).

cah4e3
01-11-2019, 12:44 PM
https://share.infistar.de/d57abd37-9179-445d-91c0-b1b22cb69211.png

This is what my corsair H-115i 280mm radiator / cooler runs like on my i9-9900k while doing nothing but watching netflix and this forum (2 monitors)
I have used AI suite as well and have used the fan expert

to me this seems fine, but I might be wrong.

Your's shut down your pump? o_O
My Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F has a header for "AIO PUMP" which I used to power the pump- the AIO has a seperate SATA Power connector, which is used to power the the Radiator Fans I guess + also some USB connection to control it / the RGB maybe.

How is yours looking?

Seems legit, 1000+rpm for pump, and flowing rpm on fans.
Yes, ASUS fan calibration software disables pump in process (despite config in bios - which is set to always run @12v/100%) to calibrate it, and i think in this moment overheat protection disables PC (runs quickly to 90C+).

As i wrote in topic start, my looks like this: pump connected to AIO pump header (+ set in bios be always 12v/100%), and both radiator fans connected to CPU headers.

cah4e3
01-11-2019, 01:35 PM
Now, this is hillarious...
Gave it last try, now when opening Fan Xpert 4 - it's insta shutting down: https://youtu.be/h27CqOhSZzA :D

Seems it's better not to install this software at all )

cah4e3
02-02-2019, 04:43 AM
Problem solved (if someone else have this problem (before AISuite tuning set all CPU OC stuff in bios (Extreme Tweaker) to default (otherwise on core boost - your max temp can go to 197C(???) - that triggers instant shutdown of PC).

after tuning you can return to your D.O.C or other settings. (this still needs investigation from ASUS, cus 197C issue is alive).

Rufinoman
09-13-2019, 12:41 AM
CH VII here.
All my OC stuff is set to default anyway and it still shuts down. I don't OC anyway.