PDA

View Full Version : Nahimic Service causing programs to startup slow

phatmonkey
01-05-2019, 09:07 PM
Hello there, noticed today some of my programs not all, mainly firefox, emclient, aimp player, chrome takes ages to load up when I click on them, i then disabled all non MS services via msconfig and everything was fine, I then began the long journey of finding out which service was the culprit, it was the NAHIMIC service. Everything now loads up as fast as usual, I could not figure out why all of a sudden this service would cause problems as I had not manually updated anything, but then I noticed via the MS STORE that Sonic Studio 3, Sonic Radar 3 had updated yesterday in the background, I believe this NAHIMIC service is linked to this?
If anyone can give me some insight or if you also have experienced slow downs etc...
Also is this NAHIMIC service needed for anything special?

Cheers
Ryan

WazigGeval
01-07-2019, 11:45 PM
Hello, I have the exact same issue as you. Chrome and Firefox loading slow when the Nahimic Service enabled. I have a Asus Maximus XI Hero (Wifi), my Realtek driver is 6.0.1.8507. I would also appreciate some help with this.

phatmonkey
01-07-2019, 11:53 PM
Thank you for replying to this post, thought it was just me lol...
I also noticed that some other apps have a slow launch also, like AIMP player....
I do not think the service is needed unless you use the Sonic Studio 3....

Menthol
01-08-2019, 03:16 AM
So this has been that little issue, I also have noticed some similar issues, including Microsoft Solitaire not opening fully

There is a thread about Realtek drivers that has some information about driver versions and installing realtek drivers and letting Microsoft update Sonic Studio III

Nividia now has 2 different driver sets of same version, one standard and one that works with Microsoft, probably some new standard of some kind that I don't want to bother researching

Hammond
01-13-2019, 01:04 PM
Same here. Have to kill NahimicSvc64.exe & NahimicSvc32.exe for ideal performance. Delay in start (lots of apps) is significant.

Last audio update caused automatic error file write to temp and cause hiccups... And now this. Nahimic is worse thing you cant get. Every version has major bugs. Hope they fix it soon.

H.

Menthol
01-13-2019, 02:59 PM
Is it a combination of this driver and Win 10 version 1809, Windows updates have been causing issues that are difficult to identify

xcosmos
03-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Happening here, too. It seems to go and then crop up now and again, but I have not traced the exact situation. Killing the service seems to help. The service restarts, but doesn't keep spawing nahimicsv32.exe over and over again

MrAgapiGC
03-10-2019, 10:33 AM
Is it a combination of this driver and Win 10 version 1809, Windows updates have been causing issues that are difficult to identify

I knows is a lot post. But yes. After many atemps to trace these. It is 1809. I make some test with multiple combination on drivers, (ime chipset network apps etc etc and etc.) and I find out it is 1809.

I take the 3 days challange and install 1803. (some issues since all new platform are made for 1809) Aura is working perfect, audio are working perfect (all funtions sound FX etc, NO ISSUES. In fact on 1809 (tested 5 days ago) even blue screens on realtek.

The issue is worst but these is as far my research goes.

I will try 1 more time today installing POST drivers recommend with some msg that i get from managers.

The issues es simple. IF i install 1809 (download from MS) install
1. scenario using crate (oficial drivers from my motherboard) the app crash inclusing a cascade failer on all apps ALL including armory, GPTII my aio nzxt apps etc.
2. scenario using drivers from website (crate disable) app crash same situation above.
3. scenario only using drivers only same scenario as above.
4. scenario using driver update from device manager. same scenario but, some apps works. ok. aura takes time to sync and sometimes de-sync. other issues has come in front but I am ok with it.
5. I have the MEUpdate install (from the asus website from my board) I think these is root of the issue.

Take out all. and install 1803, force stop windows to make the update to 1809. NO MORE ISSUES. BUT is trade off. since most all MS application need 1809 to work like accounts etc etc.

The idea of these test is to avoid RMA. I am sure that these is the case. If I take the my board and apply for RMA these will pass. but is a driver issue not a hardware issue. so ASUS heads up. today I am staring to work these again. I have all ready. And I have to help my Facebook community since there are uses that even the lights do not work. Is not a issue to take out drivers a stop services and application. As i exchange emails and PM. People expect price vs return. If i use a 400 or 500 usd board I expect to do so . If I want to to take features and key points on why i get x model, i take these out and get a 100 usd board or get a board that these is not needed. Or another brand that does not depend on realtek drivers.

I hope these helps someone

xcosmos
03-11-2019, 10:10 AM
For my GL504GS, the Asus downloads area is offering an ealier (complete) version of the Audio drivers.

Here is the text from the Asus site:

AUDIO
Version 6.0.1.8219
2019/03/07
496.26 MBytes
Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.8219

SimDuch
03-13-2019, 06:04 PM
Weird, on Hero XI drivers page, Audio is version 6.0.1.8591 but only 159.42mo size. Also it has the fix for Nahimic:
Realtek Audio Driver
[Fix info]:
Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.8591 for Windows 10 64-bit.(WHQL)
-Fixed Nahimic Sonic studio auto dump log issue.

Hammond
03-16-2019, 09:09 AM
Oh my god, circa two weeks ago it WAS FIXED with Sonic studio update. Before that I had to use bat file

taskkill /f /im "NahimicService.exe"
taskkill /f /im "NahimicSvc32.exe"
taskkill /f /im "NahimicSvc64.exe"

So I was happy that they fixed it. But today there was new update 9N81C41DQ5SJ-A-Volute.SonicStudio3 and 9N42Q5XMCXMS-A-Volute.28054DF1F58B4 and everything is BROKEN AGAIN. Dont blame Microsoft. This is unacceptable incompetence of Sonic studio/nahimic programmers. I have never seen so problematic piece of software.

How is such ignorance even possible?

greedyj4ck
03-16-2019, 10:11 AM
Same issue here. Just did reboot to install new audio drivers update, now i regret it. Need to go back to previous version.

horntm
03-16-2019, 10:29 PM
Same here. They just fixed it and now it's back to 20 years waiting on Chrome to start after today's patch.

What was the previous version? I want to roll back to that. This is ridiculous.

horntm
04-02-2019, 03:59 AM
Today's update didn't fix anything. It still takes 49-70 seconds from clicking Chrome to it actually opening. Fix this driver, please!*

Next step is to completely uninstall this stuff.

ewil
04-05-2019, 08:20 AM
Just to confirm that i have the same issue, until I kill the NahimicService.exe and then 32 and 64 exe's my PC is running sluggish and programs execute very slowly.
This is ridiculous, I had the same issue a while back with asus com service from aura, and when they finally fixed that now its happening with the realtek drivers.
Is there a previous version that was working correctly that i can roll back to? I am on Z370-E with SS3

Guitarmageddon888
04-06-2019, 02:33 PM
Simple fix, just install the UAD drivers without nahimic integration and the problem is solved. That will be the FF00 Versions, but you can find them on ten forums plus here on the z370/390 forum too with install instructions

Edit: here. Just need to ensure that version is compatible with your codec. Most likely should be and I don't think it would matter if you use the standalone FF00 version anyway, so a moot point
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)

greedyj4ck
04-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Simple fix, just install the UAD drivers without nahimic integration and the problem is solved. That will be the FF00 Versions, but you can find them on ten forums plus here on the z370/390 forum too with install instructions

Edit: here. Just need to ensure that version is compatible with your codec. Most likely should be and I don't think it would matter if you use the standalone FF00 version anyway, so a moot point
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)

Do enchantments like up-mixing stereo music to 5.1 still works using drivers without nahimic ?

greedyj4ck
04-12-2019, 05:17 PM
Found perfect solution that works for me.

I removed all previous drivers, downloaded official pack from Asus Website:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

After that I downloaded Realtek Audio Console from MS Store and - crucial step - installed Nahimic 3 (not Sonic Studio) from MS Store. Now audio devices are working perfectly, no more startup lag caused by SS3, and all effects are working.

One issue I've found that when you click 'disable all effects' in Nahimic, it will disable basic realtek enchantments too. You need to re-enable them in Realtek Audio Console.

AliAPCMR
05-21-2019, 11:12 PM
This service is causing me the same issue but only when i do a search in regedit, I was just looking into registry by using regedit and I did a search to search for a certain regisrty and as i tried using my pc the pc went all sluggish and to a hault where it was difficult to use. So i cancled the search everything went back to normal did a quick google and found out that Nahimic Service is the issue. I disabled it and re ran the regedit search and everything ran perfectly no issues.

MrAgapiGC
05-22-2019, 01:23 AM
I am running driver 6.0.8591 in my code.

Console 1.2.159.0
SS3 ver 3.14.5.0

I did get a update from windows update from Avolute 1.3.1.0

i do not have issues for the moment I will report back again on a few days

1mluer
05-22-2019, 05:39 AM
I just disabled them from starting. If you don't have the head set I understand it's not used anyway.

task manager > startup tab > right click the software and disable from starting. I was going to completely uninstall that software but haven't yet.

greedyj4ck
05-23-2019, 08:13 PM
I am running driver 6.0.8591 in my code.

Console 1.2.159.0
SS3 ver 3.14.5.0

I did get a update from windows update from Avolute 1.3.1.0

i do not have issues for the moment I will report back again on a few days

Cool, waiting for update.

gieffe22
08-19-2019, 10:13 AM
guys i have thhe same problem from a couple of weeks on my rog gl704gw... impressive delay when launching chrome or media apps.

The onyl thing that work for me is uninstalling sonic studio, i tried updating driver (up to the new 8742 from ga502 page), updating nahimic service, NOTHING, now sonic studio even open anymore (probabblsy a mess with all installing and uninstalling thing)

phatmonkey
08-19-2019, 11:16 AM
guys i have thhe same problem from a couple of weeks on my rog gl704gw... impressive delay when launching chrome or media apps.

The onyl thing that work for me is uninstalling sonic studio, i tried updating driver (up to the new 8742 from ga502 page), updating nahimic service, NOTHING, now sonic studio even open anymore (probabblsy a mess with all installing and uninstalling thing)

Just disable Nahimic service , you can leave Sonic studio :)
Type services in the windows search bar, scroll down to Nahimic service, double click it and change startup type to disabled.

gieffe22
08-19-2019, 11:57 AM
Just disable Nahimic service , you can leave Sonic studio :)
Type services in the windows search bar, scroll down to Nahimic service, double click it and change startup type to disabled.

nada, because when i disable nahimic service sonic studio doesn't start (it remains on splash screen without go any further)... so basically i think that i'm stuck without EQ if i not format or in the wait for a new update of nahimic service or studio

phatmonkey
08-19-2019, 12:01 PM
nada, because when i disable nahimic service sonic studio doesn't start (it remains on splash screen without go any further)... so basically i think that i'm stuck without EQ if i not format or in the wait for a new update of nahimic service or studio

That is not normal behaviour for Sonic, I am using it fine with Nahimic disabled, try uninstalling then re-installing again then disable Nahimic?

gieffe22
08-19-2019, 03:16 PM
That is not normal behaviour for Sonic, I am using it fine with Nahimic disabled, try uninstalling then re-installing again then disable Nahimic?

and don't know what is you laptop and if you has older version of realtek driver non DCH... but in the new ones nahimic services is basically the bridge beetween driver and sonic studio so i think that there are no hopes untill asus or microsoft fix this ****... fortunately audio works good even without sonic studio except for less bass (i was to have bass slider a bit lifted up) and a volume stabilization feature on some audio's (it was usefull especially on yutube)

mbushnaq00
08-20-2019, 03:29 PM
I have the same issue and the only resolution at the moment is to disable nahimic service which lowers the sound quality :(

gieffe22
08-24-2019, 09:17 AM
i think that something went wrong when service auto updates from store...because a friend with my same pc and latest version doesn't have the problem... the best thing should be formatting windows but i just don't have enough time

Dragonfyr
09-12-2019, 09:35 AM
I just disabled them from starting. If you don't have the head set I understand it's not used anyway.

task manager > startup tab > right click the software and disable from starting. I was going to completely uninstall that software but haven't yet.

This worked for me, thanks.

Every time I logged into Win10 this thing popped up asking if it could run, twice! It also stopped my keyboard (Corsair K95) from loading the colour profile properly! Didn't think it would be anything to do with my headset! (Strix Fusion 700).

Oh well.

gieffe22
10-02-2019, 02:52 PM
someone has news about it? drivers, software? nothing new? is just incredible this situation

MrAgapiGC
10-02-2019, 05:31 PM
the issues is the ROG Armory guys. I check these already. was the last windows update.

there is no fix for the moment. and is not the the audio drivers or apps.

test 2 times to discard all those apps.

i send the report to HQ and check what is up. i have take notes on these. I check these at fist on the update. that whas NO sound on the computer. But on close inspection the issues what on the RogArmory. i try to see if i can desable some services. but was not good. at clean install and on the versior 34 the issue was trigger.

Again make a clean install, and the audio driver OEM and Post that re newer was ok. make a clean install again and try the Rog Armory errors appear. that is also part of the issues on the nahmonic drivers INSIDE the apps itself. I think. since is the first think you see at boot. I was wokring with another brand yesterday and the audio driver and app was ok

phatmonkey
10-03-2019, 12:03 AM
Yeah while Nahimic is active my firefox browser takes ages to load, various apps also such as EMClient, disable it and everything is back to normal...

gieffe22
10-03-2019, 08:59 AM
the issues is the ROG Armory guys. I check these already. was the last windows update.

there is no fix for the moment. and is not the the audio drivers or apps.

test 2 times to discard all those apps.

i send the report to HQ and check what is up. i have take notes on these. I check these at fist on the update. that whas NO sound on the computer. But on close inspection the issues what on the RogArmory. i try to see if i can desable some services. but was not good. at clean install and on the versior 34 the issue was trigger.

Again make a clean install, and the audio driver OEM and Post that re newer was ok. make a clean install again and try the Rog Armory errors appear. that is also part of the issues on the nahmonic drivers INSIDE the apps itself. I think. since is the first think you see at boot. I was wokring with another brand yesterday and the audio driver and app was ok

hope that asus figure this issue out soon...now are almost 4 months (on my gl704gw it started at the end of july). Basically by that time the only way for me to live without slowdowns is to disable nahimic services on windows services tab section. But i miss the equalization from sonic studio 3...

gieffe22
10-03-2019, 09:19 AM
Hi,

These slowness are generated by Nahimic APO, used by Sonic Studio III and ROG Armoury II (since the 3.00.xx branch : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?108130-NahimicAPI-installed-with-ROG-Armoury-What-is-it).

Regarding the variant used in Sonic Studio III, these slowness are reduced (but not removed) on the latest 1.5.1.0 version of Nahimic APO contained in the latest ROG SS3 drivers via this thread : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD). If you can not settle for this slowness reduction, and want to remove these slowness immediately without waiting for it to be solved, you can switch to the ROG-PRIME-TUF RTK drivers (via this same thread), which do not contain Nahimic APO but of course you will not be able to use Sonic Studio III and you will not be able to use the Realtek Audio Control equalizer.

yeah i installed latest driver (88 series) and latest nahimic apo (1.5) but slowdowns are extactly the same here on my gl704gw... so hope that asus and nahimic figures it out as i said to the other users that submitted the problems to the research and development

phatmonkey
10-03-2019, 09:46 AM
I think Asus wont bother fixing it as it may be a Realtek issue, I did contact realtek personally over a year ago about a driver issue (unrelated) and I never got a reply, so.... I would not hold my breath...

gieffe22
10-08-2019, 08:35 AM
I think Asus wont bother fixing it as it may be a Realtek issue, I did contact realtek personally over a year ago about a driver issue (unrelated) and I never got a reply, so.... I would not hold my breath...

well i still hope in a fix... seem that the user MoKiChU is doing something with the R&D of nahimic, realtek and asus

dfaovred
10-08-2019, 10:37 AM
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)/page69

gieffe22
10-08-2019, 02:09 PM
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-drivers-realtek-hd-audio-(uad)/page69

it worked!!!! Finally

guys we have a fix!!!! Everyone follow the new guide!

Wrathier
03-26-2020, 06:14 PM
I finally got Sonic Radar to work and was so happy - but that lasted shortly.

My apps started freezing and I decided to get rid of that software called Sonic Radar and Sonic Studio.

It seems to me that ASUS's software is often bugged... I don't know why I always choose that brand anyway, but I guess old habits die hard..

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/pe1ei0-6.png (https://valid.x86.fr/pe1ei0)