PDA

View Full Version : GPU Tweak OC Scanner Failed

Faspro64
01-31-2019, 04:49 PM
Hello, I just installed the updated version of GPU Tweak II, and I tried to utilize the OC Scanner feature, but it failed as soon as it starts; on both my laptop and desktop. Can anyone help my out with this issue? Thanks in advance.

Silent Scone@ASUS
01-31-2019, 05:49 PM
Hello, I just installed the updated version of GPU Tweak II, and I tried to utilize the OC Scanner feature, but it failed as soon as it starts; on both my laptop and desktop. Can anyone help my out with this issue? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please, can you provide a DXdiag from your desktop machine?

Silent Scone@ASUS
02-01-2019, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=Silent Scone@ASUS;758461]Hi,

Yes, I attached it, ten pages..:) Thanks

There should be a save all information button at the bottom in order to export as txt.

Faspro64
02-01-2019, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=Faspro64;758512][QUOTE=Silent Scone@ASUS;758461]Hi,

Ok, I changed it to zip file:)
Update:

I got the program feature to run but my GPU fans were flatlined at 30% during the run and my temp. got up to 82 C, with my side panel off; when the scan was done the gpu fans ramped up to normal level. I want to acknowledge this so it can be fixed for Pascal cards.

The OC
Scan failed again anyway. However, I won't run this feature in this state again.

cah4e3
02-02-2019, 05:14 AM
IF you are using PASCAL series =>

"I personally had to create a NVSMI folder in C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation, and copy nvml.dll from System32 there. I have no idea if this is because DCH drivers or something else, but without that file, the OC Scanner will fail, so that's what you have to do if yours gives errors." (Copyright @Undon3 from https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1091450/you-can-now-test-nvidia-oc-scanner-feature-released-with-rtx-on-pascal-as-well/).

After these steps - it's working fine.

Faspro64
02-02-2019, 02:34 PM
I'm using a GTX 1080ti Strix, an Asus product. I shouldn't have to move any files, this feature is supposed to be a one button push procedure for the user. I got MSI Afterburner to work, but I like GPU Tweak II better for fan control. The OC scanner should work on my G752VS laptop; which has a GTX 1070. Afterburner worked on it too. I realize that this version just came out, hopefully the software team will address these issues soon.

Silent Scone@ASUS
02-02-2019, 02:45 PM
I'm using a GTX 1080ti Strix, an Asus product. I shouldn't have to move any files, this feature is supposed to be a one button push procedure for the user. I got MSI Afterburner to work, but I like GPU Tweak II better for fan control. The OC scanner should work on my G752VS laptop; which has a GTX 1070. Afterburner worked on it too. I realize that this version just came out, hopefully the software team will address these issues soon.

The fix is for an issue with Afterburner, not GPU Tweak II. I've submitted a report for the Pascal issue, so we're aware there is currently an issue with Pascal cards using the OC Scanner.

Faspro64
02-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Ok, got it to work on my desktop. What I did was press default without moving any sliders. I know I tried default before with no success, but i probably messed with something else. Also, I removed Riva Tuner program which could have been conflicting with it. No success on my laptop though. I will post DxDiag file for my laptop.

Faspro64
02-02-2019, 02:50 PM
Ok, I won't move any files then. Thanks for the response.

staticrp
02-03-2019, 04:38 AM
Megaoverclock Asus! Facepalm!

x_d
02-04-2019, 09:33 PM
Hi,

Hi I got the same problem with turbo rtx2060.

Hmmm I want to attach the dxdiag file but the manage attachment page always showing files invalid.

Clouseau
02-04-2019, 09:48 PM
Had an issue using GPUTweak II tool with my 1080. What cured the failing was rebooting the rig and then utilizing Afterburner. The first time utilizing the Afterburner OC Scanner it will fail just like ASUS' tool. Without exiting the OC Scanner window, click on scan again. Wait for it to finish. Reboot the rig and GPUTweak II OC Scanner will now work as intended.

djmarks
02-05-2019, 10:33 PM
Hi all! I'm having the same problem on my gtx 1070Ti - oc scanner fails everytime.

I can't attach my dxdiag - just get invaild file everytime I try?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Faspro64
02-06-2019, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=x_d;759110]Hi I got the same problem with turbo rtx2060.

Hmmm I want to attach the dxdiag file but the manage attachment page always showing files invalid.[/Q
UOTE]

You have to move your saved .txt to zip file, and then upload.

djmarks
02-06-2019, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=x_d;759110]Hi I got the same problem with turbo rtx2060.

Hmmm I want to attach the dxdiag file but the manage attachment page always showing files invalid.[/Q
UOTE]

You have to move your saved .txt to zip file, and then upload.

Tried that but still file invalid

nitemarek
02-08-2019, 09:06 PM
Does not work for me either.
Everything was fine at the beginning. I managed to run the scan a couple of times and suddenly no way to do it.

Do You think the new nvidia driver released recently might have something to do with that?

Any clue what to do?

Clouseau
02-08-2019, 09:53 PM
If referring the DCH version of the driver, the ocscanner dost not work. The historically typical driver version has no issues on Win10 x64 Pro and 1080.

MorePower
02-13-2019, 12:28 AM
I just used OC scanner but shut it down because the temp was getting high but I didn't hear the fans speed up. It only got up to around 40% and I terminated the program. There is no cancel or stop button for some reason. But now I notice the GPU at idle is running at 1800MHz. Is that normal?

Silent Scone@ASUS
02-13-2019, 09:54 AM
Had an issue using GPUTweak II tool with my 1080. What cured the failing was rebooting the rig and then utilizing Afterburner. The first time utilizing the Afterburner OC Scanner it will fail just like ASUS' tool. Without exiting the OC Scanner window, click on scan again. Wait for it to finish. Reboot the rig and GPUTweak II OC Scanner will now work as intended.

Hi,

This is due to a bug in the most recent version of the scanning tool. Should be fixed in the next update.

x_d
02-27-2019, 05:34 AM
Hi,

This is due to a bug in the most recent version of the scanning tool. Should be fixed in the next update.

Thanks a lot, 2060 problem fixed with the new release.

jonly
11-24-2019, 04:20 PM
Hello, I have asus strix 1070ti and OC Scanner fails on 7%. Can you help me?

MagusofZeal
01-14-2020, 05:52 AM
TL;DR Uninstalled AI Suite!

My attempts to run OC Scan were failing consistently after making it to 100%, which frustrated me to no end. After the fourth attempt, I remembered that at some point I had used AI Suite to overclock, but I'm fairly certain that I undid those changes and just used it for the fan control. Just in case there was conflict with the OC capability of the two programs, I uninstalled AI Suite completely. Rebooted, and without even performing a fresh install of GPU Tweak, the scan succeeded the next attempt! Of course, check your drivers, etc., but something like AI Suite or another program that is capable of overclocking(maybe fan control for the GPU, too?) could be conflicting!

Now to see if installing just the fan control portion of AI Suite messes with the next OC Scan attempt..