PDA

View Full Version : Ryuo 240 cant seem to control the fans help needed

Gofran
02-02-2019, 01:51 PM
So i have made a new system when using y cable the fans keep on 100% is there bios setting that i have overlooked because when using mother board cha fan it works with ai suite when going back to y cable fans start full speed

mdzcpa
02-02-2019, 03:40 PM
So i have made a new system when using y cable the fans keep on 100% is there bios setting that i have overlooked because when using mother board cha fan it works with ai suite when going back to y cable fans start full speed

Please clarify, are you connecting the fans into the fan connector from the AIO cooler? If so, the fans should be controllable through AI Suite. You will need to make sure that the AIO Cooler is connected to a USB port on the motherboard. Also, you will need AI Suite version 3.00.28 that's on the Ryuo support page for Fan Expert to see the pump and fan speeds. You can control them all through AI Suite Fan Expert.

Gofran
02-02-2019, 07:23 PM
Ok thank you very much for your response alright what you have told me i have done i am asking myself is the sata conector should remove it is that the one that gives 100% or is it only for power

Because the usb is conected ill be home later ill take some picture' s i have the maximus xi formula

mdzcpa
02-02-2019, 09:24 PM
Ok thank you very much for your response alright what you have told me i have done i am asking myself is the sata conector should remove it is that the one that gives 100% or is it only for power

Because the usb is conected ill be home later ill take some picture' s i have the maximus xi formula

The SATA connector only supplies power. It is needed in all situations. It does not control fan speeds. Fans run at 100% "safe mode" by default if connected to the cooler fan connectors and not otherwise controlled through Fan Expert via AI Suite III.

Gofran
02-02-2019, 10:08 PM
Ok i tried a few things when i am at desktop the fans go 100

Gofran
02-02-2019, 10:26 PM
Can you please share your bios setting monitor tab one

mdzcpa
02-02-2019, 10:41 PM
Can you please share your bios setting monitor tab one

I will share my Monitor screenshots below. However, there are no special BIOS settings to make my Ryujin AIO fan control work.
The only thing I did a little different was to connect the pump speed header to the CPU_FAN instead of the AIO_Pump header as I found the fan curve in Fan Expert controlled the pump better using the CPU fan instead of the AIO pump connection.

Do you the Ryuo fans and pump appear under Fan Expert in AI Suite III? That's the key.

Are you running the correct AI Suite III version?

BIOS settings below (nothing special here). Note that my PCH is a bit warm at the moment as I just finished an hour of gaming.

Gofran
02-02-2019, 10:50 PM
yes i am sure

mdzcpa
02-02-2019, 10:55 PM
yes i am sure

Does the RYOU PUMP and FANS appear in Fan Expert?

Gofran
02-02-2019, 11:13 PM
Yes they do but when adjusting fan speed curve nothing hapens clicked even apply nothing changed

mdzcpa
02-02-2019, 11:30 PM
Yes they do but when adjusting fan speed curve nothing hapens clicked even apply nothing changed

See below:

Does your fan curve look like this with the yellow staying on the curve? in other words, can you adjust the curve but the yellow dot does not synch with the curve? Or is the yellow dot ON the curve but the fan still runs at 100%?

Also, what CPU temp are you seeing?

mdzcpa
02-02-2019, 11:33 PM
Also, now that your fans and pump appear in AI Suite, you might want to try running FAN TUNING in Fan Expert. That might help Fan Expert get control of those fans.

If that doesn't work, I suggest uninstalling AI Suite (run as Administrator), reboot and reinstall it (also as Administrator).

Gofran
02-02-2019, 11:43 PM
Yes i see that and i see 33c
I have done that and also uninstalled it even reinstalled windows again

mdzcpa
02-03-2019, 12:39 AM
Please answer all the questions. need more info to trouble shoot this.

Is the yellow dot (that represents current fan speed) staying on the fan curve in Fan Expert but running at 100%?
Or is the yellow dot appearing above the curve? (representing correct fan speed but not following the curve)?

Did you run Fan Tuning?

Did you update your AIO Firmware to 1.00.06 ?

Does Live Dash recognize the Ryuo? Can you change what is on the LED panel?

Each of the 2 Noctua fans included with the kit are being used? One each being plugged into both the connectors on the RYUO?

What motherboard header to you have the pump speed connected to?

Gofran
02-03-2019, 12:55 AM
Please answer all the questions. need more info to trouble shoot this.

Is the yellow dot (that represents current fan speed) staying on the fan curve in Fan Expert but running at 100%?
Or is the yellow dot appearing above the curve? (representing correct fan speed but not following the curve)?

Did you run Fan Tuning?

Did you update your AIO Firmware to 1.00.06 ?

Yes did al of that the yellow dot i see it mpving when moving the curve dot that it goes down dont see fans runing slower

Does Live Dash recognize the Ryuo? Can you change what is on the LED panel?

Yes it does

Each of the 2 Noctua fans included with the kit are being used? One each being plugged into both the connectors on the RYUO?

Yes ihave the ryuo 240 but i tried also the standard one with same issue

What motherboard header to you have the pump speed connected to?

Cha fan as you have done also tried aio at first

mdzcpa
02-03-2019, 01:32 AM
Running out of ideas here. Make sure the FAN connected to the primary RYUO fan connector is a 4 pin fan. If you used the fans that came with the cooler, then they are by default. But a replacement fans (s) need to be 4 pin.

mdzcpa
02-03-2019, 01:40 AM
This is the Primary connector:

Gofran
02-03-2019, 01:40 AM
I think i have got it the fans are working it seems to be when on aio header it does not work so i used ch fan1 and al works il check later on if it still works but i realy like to thank you for all the tips and effort

Gofran
02-03-2019, 01:41 AM
And i followed the bios setting maybe one of them was causing the issue

1mluer
03-29-2019, 03:03 AM
All I seen with my ryuo was just the aio pump. no fans listed.. they are connected to the aio pump like normal.

UPDATE: There is a specific version of AI Suite III that fixed this naming convention. I can easily control the fans using temps and fan curve.. I tried controlling my AIO Pump using the curve too and it always reverts back to full speed. I can't take it out of smart mode.

BTW use the fan connections on the pump. Don't separate them from the AIO configuration.