PDA

View Full Version : X399 Rog Zenith PCIE Switch

TinyBug404
02-07-2019, 08:10 PM
Hi,
Ive often asked myself how the correct usage of the PCIE switch on the ROG Zenith looks like. It isnt exactly specified in the manual.
Do you leave the PSU cables connected to the graphicscard, and just use the switch? Or do you unplug power first?
Ive never used it because Im really scared to break anything.
Thanks for any help!*

Arne Saknussemm
02-08-2019, 07:30 AM
Or do you unplug power first?

Of course you do!:eek:

Use the switches to isolate a GPU without having to physically remove it from the board but with power off....always power off making any adjustments.

Personally I remove power from GPU too...i.e.disconnect cables to GPU that I'm isolating

TinyBug404
02-08-2019, 08:04 AM
Of course you do!:eek:

Use the switches to isolate a GPU without having to physically remove it from the board but with power off....always power off making any adjustments.

Personally I remove power from GPU too...i.e.disconnect cables to GPU that I'm isolating

Hi, okay that was bad wording from me - of course you dont use the switch with a running system :D
My question was just if I have to remove the power cable going to the graphicscard I want to deactivate with the switch, before turning the computer on again.*
Thanks for your reply!*

Arne Saknussemm
02-08-2019, 09:50 AM
of course you dont use the switch with a running system :D

*phew*...LOL...sorry...I try to give the benefit of the doubt but some of the things you see...:o

I don't think you have to remove the cables...but I do