PDA

View Full Version : Someone help me please!

Lisztomaniac
02-17-2012, 11:29 PM
hi, ive had an asus g73jh for around a year and a half now, and this week something weird hapened i will try to explain but take into account that english is not my native lenguage so it may be a little confusing.

i was using my laptop like 5 days ago and it was working fine, until i tried to opened lifeframe or whatever is called (the webcam program that comes with the computer) and on that very moment white horizontal stripes began to apear and dissapear on the screen, i thought the reason was that webcam utility so i closed that and restarted my pc only to see that the stripes where still there when it came back on, when windows showed up 1/3 of the screen looked grainy, i turned of the computer for some days hoping it was going to be fine by then, but when i turned it on yesterday it was still the same, i ran some windows repair utility that came up on start up, but when the computer restarted the screen looked like this (image atached) and now its like that every time i turn it on.

details:
it works fine with another monitor
i havent touched anything regarding vbios or video card settings since i bought the pc a year ago.
i could not find any information regarding this problem.

please help me, i believe my warranty is over and i live out of the states, so im really hoping is a software problem and not a hardware because it will be really hard to send it to asus for a fix, so im begging for help, i would apreciate it very very much.

also excuse me if my grammar sucks along with my text structuration.6105

chrsplmr
02-17-2012, 11:43 PM
ooops ... id look back and see if your graphics driver updated.. but i wouldnt hold my
breath on that one... we would of heard this before ..
you have an issue ... looks like either .. damage, a back lite thing.....
something in the connection... not good though.
if it boots on the external..and all is good...... what does that leave ??
hang in there.. some of the G guys may have an idea or two...good luck.c.

Lisztomaniac
02-17-2012, 11:52 PM
thanks, also i might add, the lines are diferent some times, like when windows its just starting the lines are fewer and today windows tried to repair it and the screen would switch between normal (although with 1/3 of the screen graynier) and the lines or some other screens, it would switch back and forth between those screens.

dstrakele
02-18-2012, 08:47 PM
You report the issue does not appear on an external monitor. This indicates the problem is not in the GPU or driver software, but most likely your laptop display or a faulty LVDS cable or bad cable connection as posted by @chrsplmr.

Try entering the BIOS by pressing F2 at the ASUS splash screen. Does the screen issue appear in the BIOS? If so, it indicates nothing can be done in Windows 7 to repair the issue. Try "Load Optimized Defaults" (F9) before you exit the BIOS. I believe this has little chance of resolving your issue, but it's worth a try while you're there.

I recommend a PM to Mason@ASUS on this forum to see if you have any warranty repair options.