PDA

View Full Version : G-74SX-BBK7 Keyboard Problems (Ctrl Key)

Exu
02-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Hey all. Got a G-74SX-BBK7 Laptop quite awhile back and there has been a problem that's been here since the start with the laptop, sorry if a thread about this is already around I haven't been able to find much at all :confused:. After awhile of playing a game the key functions switch and do their alternatives, and I mean all the keys. Then after some digging around I find out that the ctrl key is basically stuck down, or at least that's what it's saying. I've tried pushing it and I guess everything else I could possibly think of, but of course only a reboot will fix it. So my question is of course, has there been a way to fix this and make it never happen again? I've tried installing the ATK package recommended and that didn't help, just installed the newest one (14 one) and maybe that'll help. In case it doesn't is there a possible fix? And also have the 203 bios. Thanks guys.

dstrakele
02-18-2012, 11:45 PM
Are you using (or have you used) a Logitech mouse with SetPoint software or a Microsoft mouse with IntelliPoint software? If so, see http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/2678-63-ctrl-stuck-because-mouse-buttons-assignments

Exu
02-19-2012, 04:22 AM
Have not used any mice with it. Just been using the pad.

dstrakele
02-19-2012, 04:36 AM
I would try entering the BIOS (F2 at ASUS splash screen) and "Load Optimized Defaults" (F9). Exit and Save, then try to reproduce the stuck CTRL key issue.

If you can, the next thing I would attempt would be to uninstall the ATK Package from Control Panel, then reboot and see if you can reproduce your stuck CTRL key issue.

If you can, I think you are dealing with a hardware keyboard issue requiring keyboard replacement. You should then check out your Warranty repair options.