PDA

View Full Version : I got my G74. wife broke it:)

jaysunvzw
02-23-2012, 06:31 AM
So I did buy my G74 used off craiglist.

Its has been factory restored using the restore partition, but so far I have no issues to report with the OS.

I'm playing Final Fantasy 14 and Battlefield 2 on it and must say I'm very impressed.

I originally wanted to build a desktop, but I like being able to move about the house and be with family

while I feed my gaming addiction. lol

One problem though. The seller gave me a cool XPS bag and my wife sat the bag on our bed and it rolled off

and crashed to the floor. The laptop still works great a testimate to its build quality but it did

break dent smash in the left back corner. I looked online for a lower casing assembly but have had no luck finding

one. Does anyone know of any parts sites where I can find the bottom cover for the G74.

Thanks everyone for your advice here.

BrodyBoy
02-23-2012, 06:39 AM
Those kinds of parts often don't show up until a model has been around awhile.....I wouldn't expect to find them for the G74 yet. If you are in Europe, the eu Parts store (http://www.asusparts.eu/) is worth checking. In the U.S., there's no similarly comprehensive parts source. (The Asus eStore isn't especially useful.....never seems to have the parts people actually need.)

jaysunvzw
02-23-2012, 07:15 AM
Thanks Brody,

I'll keep an eye out on that site and google it from time to time.

Doesn't really affect the laptop use. Just upset that I just got her and now she has this blemish.

In six months I'll probably be able to get this part pretty cheap.

Thanks again.

BrodyBoy
02-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Thanks Brody,

I'll keep an eye out on that site and google it from time to time
If nothing else, it's a good place to find parts numbers, which are very helpful when you're looking for more online sources.