PDA

View Full Version : G74SX Factory Customization?

Ponhkun
02-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Dear ASUS

I want to custom G74sx. Can I?

BrodyBoy
02-23-2012, 11:13 AM
That's a very broad question! :)

"Asus" doesn't post here on the owners' forum. Maybe if you ask about what exactly you want to do to your G74, the other owners can help you out.

If you are talking about buying a customized configuration, there are resellers that will do that. Asus does not.

Ponhkun
02-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Ahh i see. Thanks for the reply and sorry for the out of topic question.

I have one g74sx myself with factory default spec and one of my friends is looking to buy one too but he hope that he can get it customized from Asus since he doesn't it from any reseller but Asus itself. Then there's no other choice but to find a reseller for customization himself.

I wonder why Asus doesn't let customers customize what they want like Alienware or something? I think there's not much different between the two brand. But of cause Alienware is more fancier looking and higher price too with same performance if compare to Asus. But still I think most people like getting comfortable and prefer to make their own choices rather than there are fixed choices to be chosen.

WaffleBoy
02-23-2012, 06:33 PM
There are some website do that... CPU upgrade/ram/screen/HDD/SDD/colour of keyboard/ODD and stuff...

BrodyBoy
02-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Ahh i see. Thanks for the reply and sorry for the out of topic question.

I have one g74sx myself with factory default spec and one of my friends is looking to buy one too but he hope that he can get it customized from Asus since he doesn't it from any reseller but Asus itself. Then there's no other choice but to find a reseller for customization himself.

I wonder why Asus doesn't let customers customize what they want like Alienware or something? I think there's not much different between the two brand. But of cause Alienware is more fancier looking and higher price too with same performance if compare to Asus. But still I think most people like getting comfortable and prefer to make their own choices rather than there are fixed choices to be chosen.
Asa far as I know, Asus isn't itself a laptop retailer. They manufacture a lot of "official" G74 configurations, but then those are sold through various retail channels.

If none of the available configurations suit your friend's needs, his other options would be a custom reseller (they get the stock configs and then customize to a buyer's specs), or buying a manufacturer's config and customizing it himself.

Ponhkun
02-24-2012, 02:01 AM
I see. Thanks for the reply. :)

fostert
02-24-2012, 02:18 AM
For example of a third party reseller of G74s that will customize your machine see http://www.powernotebooks.com/ASUS-C...ks-cat-65.html. There are a few others too that I have seen.