PDA

View Full Version : [U][B]BEWARE when buying from OVERSEAS! (Will Asus honour your Warranty/Legal rights?

innov8ive1
07-04-2019, 08:35 AM
BEWARE when buying from OVERSEAS! (Will Asus honour your Warranty/Legal rights???)

I have a Newegg USA sourced board: ROG Strix z270I (s/n: H2M0AJ025109)

My board is 27 months old!

It HAS a 3 year (USA) warranty (=36 months!), as MOST/ALL of you know MOST/ALL countries have an Asus motherboard warranty of 3 years!

For those of you that don't know the Z270I was not released to ANY market more than three years ago!

Asus australia 'Jun' claims OOW (Out of warranty!)

PLEASE simply tell me if I need an RMA from Australia or USA and issue me one!

(DON'T tell me that you don't have ANY similar spec'd boards to replace it with! I know that is LIKELY!)

xeromist
07-09-2019, 05:03 AM
As I understand it, warranty coverage is only ever provided in the region in which the product was sold. So if you purchased it from the US then you'll have to deal with the US support system. The one issue could be that I don't think ASUS will ship internationally back to you. So you might have to set up a remailer or something. Unfortunately I don't think anyone has gone through this experience and documented it here so I don't have more info for you. Best of luck!

pndiode
07-16-2019, 11:52 AM
If proof of purchase cannot be provided, the manufacture date of the product will be considered as date of purchase. Maybe, that is why ASUS Australia “Jun” claims OOW! (Note: Date of order/purchase from a reputable ASUS authorized reseller starts warranty period, exclude Mom and Pop store or any similar retailer).

Even though manufactures do not request a proof of purchase for an RMA provide it to close the door before it is opened.

According to paragraph 7 International Warranty and Support you should be able to get it repaired/replaced in Australia if you have proof of purchase and proof of proper importation (Taxes Paid).

https://www.asus.com/au/support/article/599/

I could be wrong, let us know how it turns out!