PDA

View Full Version : G74SX Bluetooth doesn't work

robinrock
02-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi all,
I'm sorry for my bad english because i'm dutch but i'll try.
I have a Asus G74SX-TZ019V and my bluetooth won't work at all!
I've checked if my bluetooth is on in the wireless console, and it's on.
I got the latest bluetooth suite driver but it doesnt matter.

My problems:
*Cannot find any of my bluetooth device's (as example my wiimote),
I tried on my other g74sx but there he will find them.

*If i click on bluetooth suite, nothing happend, it doesnt open.
*Cannot edit my bluetooth settings
*If i click on bluetooth device's and printers it takes forever to load.
*If i try to add a bluetooth device it says: searching.... but no device will ever found.

Tried to reinstall the driver 10 times but it doesnt matter.

I don't know what to do anymore...
Is my bluetooth card dead or is it just a driver or something?
Tnx and please help me :(

PILGRIM
02-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi, there. What is the brand/model of your WiFi/BlueTooth combo?..

robinrock
02-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi, there. What is the brand/model of your WiFi/BlueTooth combo?..

Atheros that's all information what i can find
If i mean another thing then could you tell me where i can find everything because i don't know.
Thanks.

PILGRIM
02-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Do you already have the Atheros 3304 7.4.0.98 Bluetooth Driver version?
If not yet, download it from here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/Bluetooth/Bluetooth_Atheros_Win7_64_Z74098.zip

You can check your driver version this way: (click) Start button > (right-click) "Computer" > Manage >
Device Manager > Bluetooth Radios > (right-click) Atheros ... > Properties > Driver

PILGRIM
02-23-2012, 03:43 PM
If you're now downloading the BT driver, and while waiting for it to finish, let's try to do some checking:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________
(click) Start button > (in Program search, type: "bluetooth") > (click) change bluetooth settings
In Bluetooth settings > options > discovery (tick "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer") > apply > ok

in Taskbar, (click) the up arrow to find the Bluetooth icon, (right-click) Bluetooth icon > Add a device
Turn on Bluetooth of your phone or any device ( make sure they are set to "discoverable" setting).

When laptop discovered your other Bluetooth device, (click) that discovered device, (click) next,
then pair the device with your laptop. (If successful, your laptop will install connectivity driver
for both laptop and your other device, then you're ready to use them).

robinrock
02-24-2012, 10:57 AM
If you're now downloading the BT driver, and while waiting for it to finish, let's try to do some checking:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________
(click) Start button > (in Program search, type: "bluetooth") > (click) change bluetooth settings
In Bluetooth settings > options > discovery (tick "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer") > apply > ok

in Taskbar, (click) the up arrow to find the Bluetooth icon, (right-click) Bluetooth icon > Add a device
Turn on Bluetooth of your phone or any device ( make sure they are set to "discoverable" setting).

When laptop discovered your other Bluetooth device, (click) that discovered device, (click) next,
then pair the device with your laptop. (If successful, your laptop will install connectivity driver
for both laptop and your other device, then you're ready to use them).

I tried everything you said to me but nothing will work.
I've uninstalled bluetooth suite and installed the driver you sended to me but it does the same.
When i click on bluetooth settings nothing will open and nothing happend.
Both if i click on bluetooth suite nothing happend and if i try to search to bluetooth device's he will find nothing.
(On my other G74SX laptop he can just find it)

What can i do?

Davidiou117
04-04-2012, 02:25 AM
Hi I've got a G74sx as well and I'm having what seems to be the same problem. I might be able to elaborate on what's happening.

There is no sign of any bluetooth device or setting in the start menu search -OR- in the control panel, there is also no mention of bluetooth in the device manager, or when adding a device. No devices are discoverable when trying to add one either.

I've reinstalled the drivers many times, to no avail.

I've had no success trying to fix this, so if either of you on this post have had any luck, I would really appreciate some help in this aspect.

Thanks

dstrakele
04-04-2012, 02:35 AM
What WiFi card is installed in your G74SX?

What is the model# of your laptop?

The Bluetooth radios are generally part of the WiFi card on these systems. I suspect your WiFi card does not have Bluetooth functionality. Upgrading to an Intel 6230 is a relatively inexpensive way to faster download speeds as well as Bluetooth.

BrodyBoy
04-04-2012, 04:56 AM
The Bluetooth radios are generally part of the WiFi card on these systems. I suspect your WiFi card does not have Bluetooth functionality. Upgrading to an Intel 6230 is a relatively inexpensive way to faster download speeds as well as Bluetooth.
+1

Owners who report this "issue".....they simply can't find the BT device or can't install the BT drivers.....almost invariably own configurations that have a WLAN/WIMAX card rather than a WLAN/BT card. So...general rule: If you see a WIMAX device in Device Manager, your G74 does not have bluetooth capability.

(In BT-enabled G74s, it is always built into the WLAN card....there is no accommodation for a separate BT card on the G74 motherboard.)

Flipzo
08-13-2012, 02:50 AM
Same thing happened to me, bluetooth is working perfectly, I rarely activate it, I only active it when I transfer files or use a bluetooth device. But after 5 months since I bought my G74SX-A1, bluetooth is not working anymore. It's annoying really, I tried uninstalling the suite but still the same thing.. Will uninstalling Atheros will fix the problem? I'm hesistant to try it..

bonitarunner
08-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Same here. Was working fine for many months and bluetooth stopped working. Here is what got mine working G74SX-A1. The Atheros Wifi in mine is the AR9002WB-1NG and has 1 Stream N Wifi and Bluetooth Combo. (want to switch to Intel 3 stream N combo card later 450Mbps). The AR9002WB-1NG theorectically only links wifi at 150Mbps (mine does now). Anyway, I tried many (Asus, Qualcomm and Atheros Drivers old and new and settled on one for another issue I was having on WiFi. It would never link faster than 54 Mbps on WiFi. Found an older driver for WiFi and just checked my bluetooth again and it is working fine.

I never use Bluetooth but to turn on you have to hit <Fn> <F2> and activate bluetooth. Mine shows WiFi Antenna and Bluetooth Antenna ICONS just pick the one you need activated. I suspect the Atheros Drivers were my issue. I hope this helps someone. The Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless wifi driver I am using now is unsupported? I am sure, but it was from TamoSoft Ltd. and came with other software I use job related. Driver version 7.7.0.519 Driver Date: 4/18/2022 (date sounds wrong but that is what it says...)

I did not have to uninstall Bluetooth Software or re-install anything. My Bluetooth Module says Atheros Communications Driver Date 3.8.2011 Driver Version 7.2.0.65. Again, I am not sure the wifi driver and bluetooth drivers were conflicting but mine is working normal again after above. I suggest first <FN> <F2> and try cycling bluetooth on/off to see if that helps.

bonitarunner
08-15-2012, 11:38 PM
website stripped my code... "FN" plus "F2" after these words.

....have to hit 2nd paragraph
....I suggest first 3rd paragraph

Sorry, I will learn this editor better to know what formatting I can use.

Evelyn
11-07-2014, 08:11 AM
Open Wireless Console 3 and click on the disabled Bluetooth symbol to enable.