PDA

View Full Version : power4gear hybrid issues

rfowler30
12-31-2010, 02:04 PM
i took my latop to get fixed gsod kept crashing. i knew it was cuz of a older vbios, the repair place ignored what I told them and instead slowed down my laptop. i just updated the vbios today and I don't know how to change the ini to make it function properly again. here is what is in my p4g.ini

[P4G]
INIT=2

[HIGHPERFORMANCE]
HddOffTimeDc=1900
HddOffTimeAc=1900
SleepAfterDc=3600
SleepAfterAc=0
HibernateAfterDc=24000
HibernateAfterAc=24000
CpuThrottleMinDc=100
CpuThrottleMinAc=100
CpuThrottleMaxDc=100
CpuThrottleMaxAc=100
DisplayOffTimeDc=1900
DisplayOffTimeAc=1900
DisplayBrightnessDc=100
DisplayBrightnessAc=100
LidCloseDc=2
LidCloseAc=2

[ENTERTAINMENT]
HddOffTimeDc=600
HddOffTimeAc=1200
SleepAfterDc=900
SleepAfterAc=900
HibernateAfterDc=18000
HibernateAfterAc=18000
CpuThrottleMinDc=100
CpuThrottleMinAc=100
CpuThrottleMaxDc=100
CpuThrottleMaxAc=100
DisplayOffTimeDc=300
DisplayOffTimeAc=900
DisplayBrightnessDc=80
DisplayBrightnessAc=100
LidCloseDc=2
LidCloseAc=2

[QUIETOFFICE]
HddOffTimeDc=300
HddOffTimeAc=1200
SleepAfterDc=900
SleepAfterAc=900
HibernateAfterDc=18000
HibernateAfterAc=18000
CpuThrottleMinDc=100
CpuThrottleMinAc=100
CpuThrottleMaxDc=100
CpuThrottleMaxAc=100
DisplayOffTimeDc=180
DisplayOffTimeAc=1200
DisplayBrightnessDc=60
DisplayBrightnessAc=80
LidCloseDc=2
LidCloseAc=2

[BATTERYSAVING]
HddOffTimeDc=180
HddOffTimeAc=1200
SleepAfterDc=900
SleepAfterAc=900
HibernateAfterDc=18000
HibernateAfterAc=18000
CpuThrottleMinDc=100
CpuThrottleMinAc=100
CpuThrottleMaxDc=100
CpuThrottleMaxAc=100
DisplayOffTimeDc=100
DisplayOffTimeAc=1200
DisplayBrightnessDc=40
DisplayBrightnessAc=60
LidCloseDc=2
LidCloseAc=2
DCSIDEBAR=1
DCDESKTOP=1

what do i need to do to make it work 100% with 2.8ghz settings.

rfowler30
12-31-2010, 02:08 PM
I have an asus g73jh A-3 wih ati mobility 5870 with core i7 720qm.

Jody
12-31-2010, 05:26 PM
The i7 720qm is a 1.6GHz processor. It will turbo boost itself to a maximum of 2.8 GHz occasionally while running. There is a chart on Intel's web site that shows the various boost states you should see based on how loaded up the CPU is. If you have several active threads the Turbo Boost will be low. If you have a single threaded app running with little else going on it will hit 2.8 GHz often but it will still bounce between 1.6 and 2.8 pretty often. I see mine hit 2.8 a lot when copying a bunch of files from one hard drive to the other or playing older games that are single threaded.

Two things come to mind here. The first is that if you are looking at the Intel Turbo Monitor desktop gadget, it does break sometimes. I have noticed mine not registering anything a couple of times. The only way I have found to fix it is to uninstall and reinstall it. The other thing is whether you are being concerned about what the processor is reporting it's speed to be. The processor should report itself as a 1.6GHz processor in Windows. That would be correct. Your P4G ini file looks fine. Nothing wrong with it.

Hope that helps!

Chastity@ASUS
12-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Are you trying to say that they took away your overclocks?

rfowler30
01-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Are you trying to say that they took away your overclocks?

no they basically unistalled the intel turbo boost technology driver and some how fixed it to where its 2.6ghz with maximum speed, and even then it never is fully there. the only way to fix it is by using the overclock button even then that doesnt work well to what it used to be. i installed a new version of p4g, and it somewhat fixes it but the processor speed is either 2.8ghz and now its always vary, never constant like it use to be.

does anyone know a LINK FOR the asus g73jh intel turbo boost technology drivers or anything. I cant find one on the website and even the monitor device says i don't meet the specific requirements for it to run the program. I lost my disc for my laptop, gonna call asus to get a new driver disc.

Chastity@ASUS
01-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Asus G73JH Driver and Application Disc (http://pcaudio.org/stuff/DRIVER_CD_WIN7_10_AsusG73JH.rar)

MarkS
01-01-2011, 08:27 PM
no they basically unistalled the intel turbo boost technology driver and some how fixed it to where its 2.6ghz with maximum speed, and even then it never is fully there. the only way to fix it is by using the overclock button even then that doesnt work well to what it used to be. i installed a new version of p4g, and it somewhat fixes it but the processor speed is either 2.8ghz and now its always vary, never constant like it use to be.

does anyone know a LINK FOR the asus g73jh intel turbo boost technology drivers or anything. I cant find one on the website and even the monitor device says i don't meet the specific requirements for it to run the program. I lost my disc for my laptop, gonna call asus to get a new driver disc.

Maybe I missed something here, but from your description, it sounds like the CPU is working properly.

The turbo boost technology "driver" does not mess with CPU speed. It's just a helper component for the Intel CPU monitor gadget.

What are you using to check CPU speed? Why do you think it's not correct?

rfowler30
01-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Maybe I missed something here, but from your description, it sounds like the CPU is working properly.

The turbo boost technology "driver" does not mess with CPU speed. It's just a helper component for the Intel CPU monitor gadget.

What are you using to check CPU speed? Why do you think it's not correct?

im using cpuz, the cpu fluctuates randomly, i cant set the proccessor to a particular speed, it keeps radomly fluctuating. no longer can p4g determine how i set my processor, its either all or 1.6ghz, even at full the average is 2.2ghz. ever since i took it to that repair shop it wont recognize that i have a core i7 cpu yet the turbo boost monitor shows i have a core i7qm. i would like to be able to set the processor speed to what i want, rather than it flucuating constantly. i got the disc and the online download for this and it gives me the same "minimum requirements not met. i did a fresh windows instal and even then it says the same thing. is there any way to instal it.

Chastity@ASUS
01-02-2011, 01:53 PM
You can't run the bloody installer directly. You need to run it from the Asus Application Installer (The app the Driver CD boots to). Just select it from it's menu, and then it will install. Apparently there are some parameters that need to be passed to the installer to enable it to install, and I do not know what they are. Also, CPU speed is determined not by this driver, but by the firmware. The overclocking of TurboBoost is done automatically. If you want to control the overclocking, you need to use an application like SetFSB, or upgrade the laptop to an Extreme CPU.

MarkS
01-03-2011, 10:00 PM
im using cpuz, the cpu fluctuates randomly, i cant set the proccessor to a particular speed, it keeps radomly fluctuating. no longer can p4g determine how i set my processor, its either all or 1.6ghz, even at full the average is 2.2ghz. ever since i took it to that repair shop it wont recognize that i have a core i7 cpu yet the turbo boost monitor shows i have a core i7qm. i would like to be able to set the processor speed to what i want, rather than it flucuating constantly. i got the disc and the online download for this and it gives me the same "minimum requirements not met. i did a fresh windows instal and even then it says the same thing. is there any way to instal it.

If you want to set the processor to the speed you want, then you should have chosen a different CPU. Core i7s (and other CPUs with Intel Turbo Boost Technology) don't work that way.

Try setting your minimum AND maximum processor states to 100% (in your selected power plan's advanced settings). That's about as close as you're going to get, but the i7 is still going to up/down clock as necessary.