PDA

View Full Version : Mouse issues.

Sonorous
02-24-2012, 01:07 PM
My main gaming mouse broke so I'm using a different temporary mouse while the store I purchased it from does a work order on it to reproduce the issues I'm having with it so they can give me a replacement on it (I have a 2-year IPR purchased for it).

The temporary mouse is brand new. I purchased it from the store prior to leaving so that I wouldn't be stuck without a mouse while they do the work order on my broken one.

I have a G53SW-XN1. The new mouse I purchased does not work on my laptop, but works on every other computer I try it on. It does receive power from my laptop. The optical sensor lights up red, and the computer does detect it and reports that a new device has been detected and successfully installed, and it shows up under Device Manager as an HID Compliant Device or whatever.

But it simply doesn't work. I move the mouse around but the cursor wont move. I've tried using the mouse on my desktop and my friends laptop and it works fine on both of them.

I've tried using my friend's mouse on my laptop to make sure it wasn't my laptop, and his mouse works fine.

Any ideas what's going on?

dstrakele
02-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Try disabling your touchpad by pressing Fn-F9 or configuring the touchpad software to disable the touchpad when a USB mouse is detected.