PDA

View Full Version : Armoury Crate (Beta)

dfaovred
07-21-2019, 11:08 PM
I did a fresh install of 1903 and decided to install Armoury Crate when it popped up on first boot.

No other Asus apps are installed.

Give it a try and post your results/issues!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/p/armoury-crate-beta/9pm9dfqrdh3f?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

1mluer
07-22-2019, 06:59 AM
I did a fresh install of 1903 and decided to install Armoury Crate when it popped up on first boot.

No other Asus apps are installed.

Give it a try and post your results/issues!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/p/armoury-crate-beta/9pm9dfqrdh3f?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I installed Armoury Crate for the fist time. I get the drivers section but no Aura. I still had Armory II, Aura .66 and livedash installed still. I also had to turn on Armory Crate in bios under tools to get the drivers section working but still no aura in Armoury Crate. I guess I shoud uninstall Aura and Armoury II then reinstall Crate.

MrAgapiGC
07-22-2019, 11:05 AM
I installed Armoury Crate for the fist time. I get the drivers section but no Aura. I still had Armory II, Aura .66 and livedash installed still. I also had to turn on Armory Crate in bios under tools to get the drivers section working but still no aura in Armoury Crate. I guess I shoud uninstall Aura and Armoury II then reinstall Crate.

Will not work. in the end will be the same. i can not even put on black seleccion. but manage to make it stable even with kernel errors.

as soon that is working aura will be install since you need to access the part of the board. i will try to make back if posible today.

As for is my testing is app is not working as it should. these as do be a clean experience not 10 hours trying to me it work.

Once the Crate is in and load aura. it works like armory, crate will take control of the apps. if you want to open aura, will crash. if you un sync first then you can load the aura. but have no control over it. i can not make it work. only missing the motherboard. but the leds can be control.

dfaovred
07-22-2019, 11:39 AM
I did not install any other Asus apps, only Armoury Crate.

MrAgapiGC
07-22-2019, 05:21 PM
I did not install any other Asus apps, only Armoury Crate.

Same here. And... it sync. buy not available. That was made posiuble cause i isntall GPU tweak. so is soething to do with a C++

But i have a friend that will send the pictures today the entire ecosystem is working. formula xi 360 aio asus, rams. leds and he can control all the aio and from the crate it self.

I can finish crashing the system isntaling something with a distribuible that has all version of c++ and check since that works but with errors. or i can wait and see if wake up

I wish asus can enter mi system and tell me in my face what is the issue and why does not work and same isntruccion ware done on bot computers.

MrAgapiGC
07-22-2019, 11:40 PM
I have a Perflib
Access to performance data was denied to user "SYSTEM" (value from GetUserName() for the running thread) as attempted from module "C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\LightingService.exe" (value from GetModuleFileName() for the binary that issued the query).

a service control manager
The AsusUpdateCheck service did not shut down properly after receiving a preshutdown control.

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume8\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\LightingService.exe with process id 4808 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB\VID_0B05&PID_18AE&MI_00\6&1389fada&0&0000.

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume8\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService\2.00.76\AsusFanCo ntrolService.exe with process id 4804 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB\VID_0B05&PID_18AE&MI_00\6&1389fada&0&0000.

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume8\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\LightingService.exe with process id 4808 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB\VID_0B05&PID_18AE&MI_00\6&1389fada&0&0000.

MrAgapiGC
07-23-2019, 01:52 AM
I think I find a issue that maybe is a root cause. The ROGLSLLoader is responsable of updating the informacion on the system

Faulting application name: ROGLSLoader.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cfddbb6
Faulting module name: ROGLSLoader.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cfddbb6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001153a
Faulting process id: 0x3738
Faulting application start time: 0x01d540f830140ef5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROGLSLoader\ROGLSLoader.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROGLSLoader\ROGLSLoader.exe
Report Id: 79868d1b-118f-49d5-a807-d282018f293b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Part of the proces has a vcruntime140dll. that can be crashing cause a frame work from windows?

RVALDES23
07-23-2019, 02:13 AM
Using Armoury Crate version 2.3.5 and in the update center of the Settings menu, I keep getting " Update [SDK] Version 1.02.02 Date 2019/07/12 notification.
Whenever I update nothing happens after restarting my system and the notification just reappears. Any clue as to what may be the culprit? systme is only two weeks old.

dfaovred
07-23-2019, 02:43 AM
Using Armoury Crate version 2.3.5 and in the update center of the Settings menu, I keep getting " Update [SDK] Version 1.02.02 Date 2019/07/12 notification.
Whenever I update nothing happens after restarting my system and the notification just reappears. Any clue as to what may be the culprit? systme is only two weeks old.

Just click check for updates and you'll see it's already up to date. Must be a bug.

MrAgapiGC
07-23-2019, 12:24 PM
I got a update 2h ago. i have control even on the aio fan speed a app. all RGB are minus the bord itself. maybe a further update on the way. also if my notes are ok, ai suite sholud be updated.

but is working.

Re@per
07-24-2019, 02:36 PM
well installed it too but i have no Option lol

1mluer
07-25-2019, 09:21 PM
well installed it too but i have no Option lol

Depending on motherboard you might need to go into bios then tools and enable armory crate integration

Re@per
07-27-2019, 09:16 AM
still empty :(

1mluer
07-28-2019, 02:45 AM
now that you have bios enabled I would uninstall and reinstall :)

MrAgapiGC
07-31-2019, 09:14 AM
Any ideas if the peripheral will be suported? like spatha? I do not want to use the armory app!

Re@per
07-31-2019, 11:09 AM
Mousepad works. Spatha is Not working*

MrAgapiGC
07-31-2019, 03:20 PM
Mousepad works. Spatha is Not working*

Well Asus peripherals back to the box again.

MrAgapiGC
08-03-2019, 02:40 PM
a error just pop up. just stop working. I trace the error to a windows UI Xaml.dll. I make it work with some bugs.

I am reading TUF insted of ROG on the codexi. lights also are working odd.

I send the notes back for review and check what the heck is goin on. ah also the USESLLESS driver tap is missing. THANKS. a module that never works. Let see when a update will be push.

MrAgapiGC
08-05-2019, 11:41 AM
Ok ROGERS

We find a issue and we are checking it now. if anyone is using z390 with bios (do not add formula XI i have to check that later since there is new bios) 1105 and users uwing 1005 feed me back. I will spend more time on the ROG discord. since is easy for me.

MrAgapiGC
08-06-2019, 03:51 PM
all system are back. some bugs, but ok. i drop bios to 1005 on the codexi. oc is stable and the crake retunr and plus new stuff. i will continue testing..

so far i find, and i all ready reported.

1. if 360aio is use, the light of the aio the aura sync is not working, always. but if you force on aura from static to off and back again to raimbow will sync.
2. I get a friend to send me a feedback on ram with lights. we apply the fix, and the ram start to work but aura will control with basic funcitions. (we test the ADATA Spectix. so far is stable. after few restart.
3. the tuf display is gone. (know issue) be patince. is beta.
4. so far works ONLY on z390 and x570. or armory crate is on bios.
5. new update was pull today on the board and aio. no idea what change. sorry.
6. i wish that fan control where there and gputweak also. (i read a report that is present. but laptops. that will great. 1 program to control all.

let see what else these can be expand, like sound and pheriferals. so the armory can be replace.

Eldair
08-14-2019, 07:02 AM
I installed it yesterday (version was from yesterday) and aura works but I get some weird message on devices -> motherboard (which is the only option) tab
Motherboard is Crosshair VIII hero (wifi)

Re@per
08-14-2019, 08:36 AM
Well you got a new MB could be not Supported yet ��. This is normal for asus i think*

MrAgapiGC
08-14-2019, 03:00 PM
I installed it yesterday (version was from yesterday) and aura works but I get some weird message on devices -> motherboard (which is the only option) tab
Motherboard is Crosshair VIII hero (wifi)

I know that issue. give time. that are is part of the updates inside the app. is automatic.

Try something. shift turn off the computer (turn the computer off with the shift press)

once that is done. turn of the psu and disconnect the PSU. here make a discharge cycle (try to turn on the computer with the cable disconnected and the psu on many times) and go and have a 15m coffee.

Turn on the computer and go to the armory. (IT should appear UPDATING) then check again.

IF THAT DOES NOT WORK. hitme on ROG DISCORD for more ideas.

I did have that on day1 of the app. Since that tap, is to control the MOTHERBOARD, AIO (if you have one and other future devices)

MrAgapiGC
08-17-2019, 03:09 PM
a hal update is availble.

Re@per
08-18-2019, 08:21 PM
well started today my system since 4 days. ... and nothing works lol.... no Aura
and Armoury Crate is empty now .... DAMN ASUS

MrAgapiGC
08-20-2019, 09:43 AM
well started today my system since 4 days. ... and nothing works lol.... no Aura
and Armoury Crate is empty now .... DAMN ASUS

I did have the same issue. what i did is restart the armory crate and i wait for a few days. that the server push it .

No idea what happens there. then a odd issue happens. instead of ROG o got TUF background on some functions.

What i did on both was, reset the armory crate on windows. then force the updates exe files INSIDE the file armory crate . darm. I need more coffee and a new keyboard. I know is a pain. and more that these apps will stay beta as long all is working. apps get time to make all works

Re@per
08-20-2019, 09:46 AM
I did have the same issue. what i did is restart the armory crate and i wait for a few days. that the server push it .

No idea what happens there. then a odd issue happens. instead of ROG o got TUF background on some functions.

What i did on both was, reset the armory crate on windows. then force the updates exe files INSIDE the file armory crate . darm. I need more coffee and a new keyboard. I know is a pain. and more that these apps will stay beta as long all is working. apps get time to make all works

How u did a Reset on Crate?

MrAgapiGC
08-20-2019, 10:10 AM
How u did a Reset on Crate?

windows. inside the apps.

There is also inside lite service a repair (but i do not recommend that until is 100% necessary.
Also inside the file system there are options. i got some issues that i force some updates checks so i can get some functions back.

Please take note. These app is very complex work. some functions i have NO idea how those works. the crate is a complex framework and most files are not accessible aside updates or xmp files. I am not a programmer or developer. nor working with asus. As many I am also a user. but i got sick talking with the wall and a strike of luck and using Facebook i got a friend that is working with them. and once a week i send data to them.

On yesterday Gamescome 2019, asus IS GOING to hear more users. HOW? no idea. but is a start. they on public apologies that these was not done in time. and they are aware of the issues. For me what happens is they find out the sales where drooping cause software issues. and they have to change that part of how proud they are of the brand and products and work hard on the APP side. the hardware is as good as the app is. no app, no hardware.

I am doing these cause i want to help. and take notes and filter issues and send. there are a lot of problems, and more when brands are mix. example. asus board ans aorus gpus software. realtek issues ith sound blaster products are use (sometimes) etc . asus unless a miracle is done, WILL NOT MIX their products with others but will will work on apps side so apps can work. Example NZXT and Razer are doing fine apps are independent and can co-exist together. LOGI, i hang my glove there i can not even install the app to control anything. my BRIO camera is working but windows and is ok. but software control do not install. even on clean install.

These changes that they announce yesterday aside of new products is a good step. and from my side, Asus has to work first on current products at least 3 years old, and make these apps works or change the way these apps works and then works on new products. is administration 101. OEM drivers is a MOST until these are out and will be out eventually. What i head yesterday is a good step