PDA

View Full Version : Few questions hopefully someone can help answer?

CIarkness
02-25-2012, 07:24 PM
I have an Asus G74SX-AH71, I was wondering how do I clean my keyboard, I try to keep it clean, but there is still going to be dusts collected into the keyboards but since the G74SX keyboard is uniquely designed, no gaps in between, I thought compressed air can probably won't help.

Any advice how to clean the keyboard? And also if I happen to do need to take it apart, to clean the inside. Does this void the warranty? Thanks.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________
My second question is I run Skyrim, I updated the new driver and I was wondering if anyone still has trouble running Skyrim. I have 16gb ram, all latest drivers. And I have ultra on everything. AA on 2x. And outside I get 23-30 FPS sometimes, 45+ inside. IS this normal? I Don't think Skyrim has throttling problems.

What's your settings and did you overclock?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________
My third question is if I want to overclock, what's the safe parameter people have tested and how do I overclock? If I do overclock, does it cause the throttling problem due to more usage?

Thanks.

BrodyBoy
02-25-2012, 07:37 PM
I have an Asus G74SX-AH71, I was wondering how do I clean my keyboard, I try to keep it clean, but there is still going to be dusts collected into the keyboards but since the G74SX keyboard is uniquely designed, no gaps in between, I thought compressed air can probably won't help.

Any advice how to clean the keyboard? And also if I happen to do need to take it apart, to clean the inside. Does this void the warranty? Thanks.
I find that vacuuming works pretty well. Simple disassembly, so long as you don't damage anything, doesn't void the warranty. There are warranty stickers over the heatsink, so if you go further (to re-paste the CPU/GPU), Asus states that the warranty is void.

I don't use Skyrim, so maybe someone more familiar with it can chime in and help with that. More generally, though, the G74 BIOS is locked down pretty tight and doesn't accommodate overclocking.

Tear_a_Bee
02-26-2012, 12:09 AM
I have the same Computer and the same fps range with those settings. I dont't usually overclock it but when I do use core clock:850, shaderclock 1700, and memory clock: 1550. Hope this helped PM me if you have any further questions. P.S I use MSI afterburner.

AQUASTEVAE
02-26-2012, 04:42 AM
i use a regular small paintbrush. this makes it easy to keep dust off of it. you can brush the keys anytime you are using it. i keep it right beside the computer, and any time it looks like it is collecting dust, i just brush it away. the idea came to me for keeping the speaker grill clean, but it works great for the keyboard as well.

PILGRIM
02-26-2012, 08:48 AM
I use a small brush, too, but with the fine horse hair. And it's not electrostatic.

CIarkness
02-26-2012, 06:12 PM
I have the same Computer and the same fps range with those settings. I dont't usually overclock it but when I do use core clock:850, shaderclock 1700, and memory clock: 1550. Hope this helped PM me if you have any further questions. P.S I use MSI afterburner.

I played around with my Skyrim settings and I am now getting 40+ FPS outside AND inside.
Shadows detail to high instead of ultra. Which I hardly notice the difference. AA none. Anisotropic Filtering to 16x. I tried FXAA but the blur hurts my eyes so I left it off. And everything else on ultra. Very happy with those settings.

Tear_a_Bee
02-26-2012, 08:17 PM
What you might want to do with Skyrim is turn the shadows to low or medium. I don't know why but shadows change the performance of Skyrim drastically.If you turn the shadows down to medium or low you may be able to use AA x2. Also I know you said FXAA hurts your eyes, but it does help preformance also.

Tear_a_Bee
02-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Also try a mod called SkyBoost it helps a lot in the CPU intensive areas of the game.