PDA

View Full Version : G53JW two finger scrolling sometimes not working!

zastotako
02-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Hello everyone,

Recently i installed new synaptic driver for my g53jw, and with that update i now have two finger scrolling.

But the thing is that its not working properly, i mean its working but i need like 5-10 times to pull my fingers down/up so it can recognize to work( on win7).
But on ubuntu its working perfectly, as soon as i pull my finger up/down it begins to work.

best regards.

dstrakele
02-26-2012, 08:29 PM
It sounds like a software issue in Windows, since it's working OK in Ubuntu. I don't know if this will help: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5524-More-Accurate-2-Finger-Vertical-Scrolling-with-Touchpad&p=39934#post39934

But give it a try and let us know...

If it doesn't resolve your issue, I'd be tempted to uninstall the current Synaptics driver (you are SURE you have a Synaptics touchpad, aren't you?), reboot into Safe Mode, use Driver Sweeper to remove any detected Synaptics driver remnants (possibly even use CCleaner to clean up the registry), then install the correct touchpad driver (from Safe Mode) and reboot. Installing the driver from Safe Mode will disable other running drivers that may potentially interfere with your touchpad driver installation.

zastotako
02-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks for a help, i've found really good solution to this problem, software is called TwoFingerScroll, now its working really awesome and its really accurate.

Also i'm not sure that i have Synaptics touchpad.

dstrakele
02-29-2012, 08:18 PM
+1 @zastotako! Good information! It may help others.