PDA

View Full Version : G73JW problems, please help :(

liorrr1991
02-27-2012, 07:09 AM
Hi,

Since I bought the computer a few months ago I experienced some problems with it and I do not understand what they are caused from or how to fix them.

The first problem is that sometimes when I play games, one of the following icons appears in the middle of the screen:

The mouse does not respond, and if I left-click it minimizes the game and return to the desktop, then I go back to the game and after a while of playing it happens again.

I know it is somehow connected to the touchpad from other people who have the problem but I have no idea how to fix it.

The second problem I experience is my keyboard skipping keystrokes.

I thought I just really missed keystrokes all the time but after I checked in depth I realized I do not miss clicks and just have a bug in my g73 keyboard that makes it and it happens to everyone with g73, not just me.

So these are the major bugs that I experience and would appreciate any help or solutions you can give me to fix these bugs.

Thanks a lot!, Lior.

xeromist
02-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Are you using the touchpad in games or a mouse? I have my G73JH set to disable the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in.

Also, there are grounding issues with the touchpads that are actually the root cause. If you feel comfortable with the idea, I opened mine up to remove all of the conductive tape and added a dedicated ground wire from the back of the TP to the chassis.