PDA

View Full Version : Problems with cinematic in games

Timmy2015
02-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone! I have g74sx(8gb ram, 1tb, dvd-rw, 1920x1080) for a month now. I noticed that cinematics in different games look really bad. I tested it on Deus Ex Human revolution, Rage, Alan Wake, Star Wars Force Unleashed II. The graphics in games look awesome, I set everything on high, but cut scenes and cinematics look awful (they are pixelated and dull). I don't know why it's happening.
All drivers are up-to-date
Does anyone else have this kind of trouble or know how to solve it?
Thank you!

xeromist
02-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Cinematics are usually designed for lower resolutions because they are pre-rendered and have to work on a variety of systems. Have you been able to compare these to any other systems to ensure that this isn't just how they look? Do you have any other problems with video from say flash websites or downloaded mpeg/wmv/mkv/etc?

Timmy2015
02-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Cinematics are usually designed for lower resolutions because they are pre-rendered and have to work on a variety of systems. Have you been able to compare these to any other systems to ensure that this isn't just how they look? Do you have any other problems with video from say flash websites or downloaded mpeg/wmv/mkv/etc?

Thank you for response. I compared RAGE and cinematic at the beggining looks better on desktop than on my laptop. Flash and videos look good, no problem there. Can it be that games are not recognizing video crad properly and like you said setting cinematics on lower quality?

xeromist
03-01-2012, 06:14 AM
It's possible. I don't have any of the games you listed installed to attempt a test. :(

Another thing to note is that running at a non-native resolution (other than 1920x1080) in a game will cause some things to look worse due to scaling. You may want to try changing the in-game resolution. Another thing to test would be to run the games in windowed mode and see if you're having a problem with full screen for some reason.

ColonelS
03-01-2012, 06:20 AM
+1 to xeromist

From what i know usually during cut scene or cinematic clip. It appears to be sort of pixelated as compared to gaming. Like lower resolution.

But then again i would recommend you playing those games in windows mode and see how it goes from there.

Maybe you would like to post a screenie?