PDA

View Full Version : New G75 Photos

Nirneath
03-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Here you go, new pictures from all angles :)

Last picture is a G74 for comparison... It seems like G75 is thinner, not bad^^

Here you have G74:

rmcsc
03-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Holy crap! It's just so... thin... and beautiful!

It's a good thing it's not really worth it to upgrade to it.

Dominus
03-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Holy crap! It's just so... thin... and beautiful!

It's a good thing it's not really worth it to upgrade to it.

The weight was decreased and it has also a small upgrade.... it does worth the upgrade, let's see the price now...

Boosted_R
03-01-2012, 07:44 PM
cooling looks like it wont be as good as the G74, considering its smaller, so that bios might throttle like no tomorrow......... looks good though (aesthetic wise)... they should have put dedicated media/email (fn gets irritating sometimes) keys between the numpad and keyboard.

zsld0423
03-01-2012, 10:02 PM
So it looks like it'll have 4 USB3.0 ports? Kinda nice, but I'm fine with the 1 that I have on my G74 lol. I do kinda like that it's thinner, but like Boosted_R said, I don't think the cooling will be as great as the G74. The only thing that the G75 has that I want is a NumLock key =P

Nirneath
03-01-2012, 10:26 PM
So it looks like it'll have 4 USB3.0 ports? Kinda nice, but I'm fine with the 1 that I have on my G74 lol. I do kinda like that it's thinner, but like Boosted_R said, I don't think the cooling will be as great as the G74. The only thing that the G75 has that I want is a NumLock key =P
Why would the cooling be worse for G75? It has huge exhaust vents and the fans can be removed/cleaned. By having the case more compact, shouldn't it be easier for the fans to push out the hot air?

I mean, by having a smaller area to work at, the fans should more efficiently cool the different parts?

Here is a better picture of the vents...

Doan
03-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Someone buy this and sell me your numlock key w/ functionality.

fuzon1337
03-01-2012, 11:39 PM
@Doan
Someone will buy this since it looks like Asus have been working on to make it thinner then G73/74 models, and then look more atractive for the buyers ;)

But I think that they will not join this forum just to tell you that the numlock key works as it should, so you will have to wait for one of the admins here to take a peak look at it and give a full review about this new beast :)

@Nirneath
I think that the cooling system will be either as good as the G74 or a little better. I can not image that this would be worse then the G74 model or the G73. But to be sure about that, we would have to wait until it comes a completely review and see what the reviewer thinks :)
I cant wait until it's on the market, but if the G75 comes with the Intel Ivy Bridge processor, then it won't be released before june :(

Dominus
03-02-2012, 12:53 AM
I cant wait until it's on the market, but if the G75 comes with the Intel Ivy Bridge processor, then it won't be released before june :(

most probably this laptop will be released at LA Games Conference April 23-24.

ColonelS
03-02-2012, 02:18 AM
HQ better send me one!!

chrsplmr
03-02-2012, 02:38 AM
ColS.. thats why we like you brother .. if your going to dream .. dream ROG.

(..please do not hold your breath while doing so however ... [BTW]hows the last G they sent running? haha)

user ? hahhaha... none of those in here .. just members ... and like you, they are givers .. respectfully suggested.c.

AdelaisAer
03-02-2012, 03:18 AM
The only thing I see worthy of the new G75 is the fact it has four USB 3.0 ports. Other than that, it seems to be the exact same. (Though I did hear it has a Num Lock button now...not that I ever really used that damn thing anyway, so what do I care?)

Dominus
03-02-2012, 03:35 AM
The only thing I see worthy of the new G75 is the fact it has four USB 3.0 ports. Other than that, it seems to be the exact same. (Though I did hear it has a Num Lock button now...not that I ever really used that damn thing anyway, so what do I care?)

This is funny, if yours improvement to G75 resumes only to "4 USB 3.0 ports". What about Ivy Bridge, GTX660/670, what about Thunderbolt,? And the list can go on.... Please....

AdelaisAer
03-02-2012, 03:38 AM
This is funny, if yours improvement to G75 resumes only to "4 USB 3.0 ports". What about Ivy Bridge, GTX660/670, what about Thunderbolt,? And the list can go on.... Please....

If you've read other threads, all those new hardware give no more than 10% improvement. Not really worth it. Most of that stuff is rebranded, too.

ciddire
03-02-2012, 03:49 AM

You can clearly see the thunderbolt port in the photos :)

Dominus
03-02-2012, 04:09 AM
You can clearly see the thunderbolt port in the photos :)

i'm not the one refuse to see it, others do... ;)

_
03-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Hey Nirneath, where did you find the photos? We've got to patch our leaks haha.

ColonelS
03-02-2012, 10:20 AM
apparently youtube has it too a video of it..

from notebook italia or soemthing

Nirneath
03-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Hey Nirneath, where did you find the photos? We've got to patch our leaks haha.

Found the pictures in a bar on my journey at Redwood City, California, someone must have left them there... :)

In all seriousness, how much am I able to share about the G75? Want to bring up more stuff/rumours, but don't want to break any rules...

dogla
03-02-2012, 06:44 PM
What's all the fuss about the numlock key? My numpad works fine as a numpad....so I don't really see a use for numlock key on mine...

gilbert
03-02-2012, 06:46 PM
What's all the fuss about the numlock key? My numpad works fine as a numpad....so I don't really see a use for numlock key on mine...i was about to reply the same thing ,

dogla
03-02-2012, 06:49 PM
i was about to reply the same thing ,

Guess I was a lil' faster on my newly acquired G74SX-AH71 :D , because it's soo damn fast :D :D :D

xeromist
03-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Found the pictures in a bar on my journey at Redwood City, California, someone must have left them there... :)

In all seriousness, how much am I able to share about the G75? Want to bring up more stuff/rumours, but don't want to break any rules...

I'd say most people are willing to let photos slide as they usually only increase hype and are therefore positive. Performance numbers under NDA on a pre-release product are an absolute no no and will be removed. Given that the release version of products can differ, setting expectations incorrectly can be very bad.

***note that I'm a volunteer moderator and not an ASUS employee. ASUS corporate may have a different perspective***

omega939
03-29-2012, 02:04 PM
I bet this new asus g75 laptops gpu is embedded on the motherboard again.

Henrysyy
03-29-2012, 02:47 PM
lol man and i just got the g74sx 3d for 3 months already xD well since i didnt hear anything about a g75 3d i think im happy with what i have :D

rstehwien
03-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Amazon is listing one G75 model and claims it ships in 1-2 months (I don't believe amazon shipping estimates for any non-released product).
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-G75VW-AS71-17-3-Inch-Laptop-Black/dp/B007MW73C2/ref=dp_return_1?ie=UTF8&n=541966&s=pc

I just got a G74SX-AH71 from Amazon and it had a defective screen (bright border all the way around making black to grey) so was returning it. Can't get an exchange right away as the G74SX-AH71 is sold out and will be 3-4 weeks before there are more. Now I'm stuck with no laptop and trying to decide if I should wait for the G75, get the G74SX-DH71 from amazon (more expensive) or G74SX-NH71 on sale at newegg.

chrsplmr
03-29-2012, 06:27 PM
.... don't worry ... be happy ... a ROG is a ROG is a ROG....i'd show you a pic of the G100 ...
but its a microChip cranally implanted by NonoROG'z .... talk about 3D.c.

BrodyBoy
03-29-2012, 06:47 PM
I was just looking at the photos......I don't recognize that small port next to the two USB3 ports....anyone know what that is?

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/prog_photos/MISC/G75ports.png

rstehwien
03-29-2012, 06:59 PM
I was just looking at the photos......I don't recognize that small port next to the two USB3 ports....anyone know what that is?
I beleive hat is a Thunderport! (I feel compelled to make an exclamation mark for that name). It is a high speed io port pushed by apple. I hate it because it replaced the dvi port on my new work mac laptop and my 30" monitor can't use it directly. Also to use the 30" monitor I have requires using the port plus a usb port to get full resolution. So it was a waste of a port for me since I have to use two ports (and the mac is stingy with usb ports).

BrodyBoy
03-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Oh, very interesting! (I felt compelled to use an exclamation mark as well! :))

So what would a Thunderport be used for in a PC? (Yes, I can google...but I'm lazy and it sounds like you know something about it. lol)

rmcsc
03-29-2012, 07:03 PM

That would be an Intel Thunderbolt. Dual-channel 10Gbps per port, capable of daisy-chaining, electrical or optical, with low latency.

You see, son, when a man (PCI Express) and a woman (DislayPort) love each other very much...

[Edit] Btw, that daisy-chaining thing: connect your laptop to a monitor, then a hard drive to the monitor; use the hard drive on the laptop.

[Edit 2] This is actually great news. Manufacturers are adopting this technology! It was called LightPeak / LightRidge before changing the name to Thunderbolt.

Some pics / explanations:

The chip itself.
http://newsroom.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-2035-1448/LightRidge-Pencil.jpg

The logo.
http://newsroom.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-2035-1450/tb_vrt_rgb_3000.jpg

Sample system diagram.
http://newsroom.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-2035-1452/Thunderbolt_Block_Diagram.jpg

How it works, sorta.
http://newsroom.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-2035-1453/Thunderbolt_Technology.jpg

The daisy-chaining I talked about.
http://applezen.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/thunderbolt-eschema.jpg

BrodyBoy
03-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Ah, thank you!

So Intel must be positioning this to replace all other data ports.....(at least until they come with some new MegaThunderCyclone3.0 port...)

Thanks for going to the trouble to add all that info. Very helpful. :) It handles both data and video/audio? That's impressive if it works.

rstehwien
03-29-2012, 08:18 PM
.... don't worry ... be happy ... a ROG is a ROG is a ROG....i'd show you a pic of the G100 ...
but its a microChip cranally implanted by NonoROG'z .... talk about 3D.c.
I was happy with my ROG once I did the clean install... except for the display fault. What I'm grumbling about is being back to the decision making phase. If I could have just exchanged it for a replacement in a couple days (rather than 3-4 weeks) all would have been good. But now I have to decide on paying more for a G74SX-DH71 now from Amazon, getting a cheaper G74SX-NH71 plus 4gb ram from Newegg now, or waiting even longer than the exchange for a G75VW-AS71 from Amazon whenever it actually ships. Plus the new G75VW-AS71 was the same price as the G74SX-AH1 I'm returning to Amazon.

My decision making was supposed to be over.

Ah, thank you!

So Intel must be positioning this to replace all other data ports.....(at least until they come with some new MegaThunderCyclone3.0 port...)

Thanks for going to the trouble to add all that info. Very helpful. :) It handles both data and video/audio? That's impressive if it works.
Was very handy info... on further research I find that my mac has a mini display port (which is a waste of space when you have a 30" monitor) and was partially the basis for the thunderport which would be able to drive my entire 30" display without using a USB port as well. My anger at the mini display port making me buy a $100+ adapter and still not working well with my DVI KVM switch still bugs me to this day and spilled over to the thunderport.

The thunderport will actually be pretty cool once more devices are out for it. It being on the ASUS was a surprise until I realized Intel was also behind the port.

Tear_a_Bee
03-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Noooooo they kept the windows button on the left of the spacebar instead of the right side. Why Asus why!

dabigin
03-29-2012, 11:49 PM
I wish i could of waited for the G75 but I needed my laptop.....I'm happy I got mine its sexy. I'm in love....I do want to see the specs on that one.

Symb
04-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Hmm. I'll bet for the one that stands for the cooling not being as good as is with the current G74SX. Size DOES matter in the cooling solutions, and components haven't become less heat generating in a year, now have they? But still if its not as good, the difference won't be that notable I think.

Anyway, looking good!

BrodyBoy
04-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Hmm. I'll bet for the one that stands for the cooling not being as good as is with the current G74SX.
I agree.....it appears to be a completely different cooling configuration. This seems odd, since the G74 has the best laptop cooling I've ever seen. (Oddly, the G75 has filters that you have to take out and clean periodically....never seen that before!)

TorturedBIscuit
04-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Wow, I'm already thinking about replacing my G74, god damn...

GabryJ84
04-02-2012, 12:40 PM
So does someone know when is the release date set?

Does someone know if some models will feature GTX680M?

_
04-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Release date is this month :) Full specs will be confirmed soon!

XRIGS
04-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Man wisha I had one of this for langames.

Nirneath
04-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Release date is this month :) Full specs will be confirmed soon!

Made my day, thanks!

Tech_Rat
04-03-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm just concerned with it having a VGA port over a DVI port. I see the HDMI, but still.

BrodyBoy
04-03-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm just concerned with it having a VGA port over a DVI port. I see the HDMI, but still.
I think VGA & DVI ports (on laptops) are both becoming obsolete. HDMI has been around for awhile, and now Thunderbolt is starting to appear. There's just isn't going to be room or interest to keep supporting "legacy" ports like VGA and DVI. (DVI, in particular, doesn't make a lot of sense, since it's redundant to HDMI.)

G74sxpoo
04-04-2012, 07:34 PM
I will never buy another top end laptop from ASUS again. Way to many problems with the G74SX (crappy keyboard being the major issue).

Seems they learned their less about the retarded calculator key instead of a num lock, but there still is not num lock support for the G74SX.

*MAYBE* if I got a trade in of 70% of the purch price as a credit.. but they lost a customers with the keyboard non-sense.

G74sxpoo
04-04-2012, 07:40 PM
What's all the fuss about the numlock key? My numpad works fine as a numpad....so I don't really see a use for numlock key on mine...

GAMES!!!!! Its a GAMING LAPTOP. MANY, MANY games allow you to make commands.. so you can have 48 commands mapped to the keypad 24 in keypad mode, 24 in numlock-pad mode.

like in FSX views are ALL based on numlock combination. Hit the numlock key and then you have flight surface commands.

Its a HUGE DEAL.

Basilo
04-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Brilliant... I just bought my G74!!!! I hate life...

WorldwoWires
04-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Unless I'm missing something obvious, there are definitive improvements from the G75. RAID for one. The G75 manual online specifically references RAID. Multiple USB 3.0 ports also a plus. The new processor which should run cooler, the improved keyboard. I also admire the DIY approach allowing the consumer access for easier maintenance. I also believe moving back to a symmetrical design helps cooling. From the pictures I've seen, it's difficult to determine if the venting above the battery is functional or not. I very much agree with those that commented about legacy hardware. Follow the KISS principal and let it go. The one thing I would very much like to see is mSata. With this, RAID and a good backup plan, a very sweet setup.

Just my opinion. Let the bashing begin!!!

BrodyBoy
04-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Just my opinion. Let the bashing begin!!!
It's just a discussion of an unreleased model......I'm sure there'll be lots of different opinions once people start to get a look at it.

What's to bash?

Boosted_R
04-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Before the G75 comes out they should do 3 sub forums, for the G53/G73, G54/G74, G55/G75. Will be easier for everyone, especially for new owners, and up coming G75 users... G series forum is getting cluttered as it is..... BTW Brodyboy should take over the G74 drivers page as it doesn't seem JRd1st has time anymore

PILGRIM
04-07-2012, 03:05 AM
Before the G75 comes out they should do 3 sub forums, for the G53/G73, G54/G74, G55/G75. Will be easier for everyone, especially for new owners, and up coming G75 users... G series forum is getting cluttered as it is.....

I second the motion.

...BTW Brodyboy should take over the G74 drivers page as it doesn't seem JRd1st has time anymore

Should be just as good.

Zygomorphic
04-07-2012, 08:50 PM
One correction should be made:
1) G53JW-SW/G73
2) G53SX/G74
3) G55/G75

The G53SX is the 15-inch variant of the G74. It has the Sandybridge CPU, as well as the GTX560M. ASUS simply did not update the name. @Marshall, any reasons as to why?

TonyNRG
04-08-2012, 11:02 AM
G75 looks amazing. I'll buy it about 6 month later... For now I'll use my new G74sx :)
I'm interested for real G75 specs. Is it unknown yet?

Bojamijams
04-08-2012, 08:38 PM
MSI, Sager/Clevo, Alienware and Origin (so far) are all using Optimus and some have used it for quite some time now.

If ASUS still foregoes Optimus implementation, I will not consider them as a viable purchase until they do.

Zygomorphic
04-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Interesting, @Bojamijams, you and I have exactly opposite views. I do not want Optimus in my laptops for one/two reason(s): LINUX and/or drivers.

LINUX does not presently support Optimus, which leaves it stuck with the Intel integrated graphics. I do a lot of work on LINUX, so having nVidia graphics is a huge plus--also a reason I avoided the AMD graphics cards. AMD's support for LINUX, from what I can tell, has been fair to terrible--but I think they are starting to improve.

Also, Optimus requires OEM customized drivers, which, considering ASUS track record of driver updates:1 update-in-progress in 9 months--seriously! Without Optimus, I can run the nVidia reference drivers--which I do on LINUX, and get all the latest updates. I run the reference drivers also on Windows, and at risk of starting another flame war:cool:, I have explained why on this thread (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?12263-Nvidia-GeForce-driver-update-296.16&country=&status=).

My justification for this is the G53 (and other G series) are gaming notebooks, requiring maximum performance with battery life a tertiary concern. Also, as I recall, I saw some benchmarks which indicate that Optimus can actually decrease frame rates under certain conditions. Not a big deal, but it caps the frame rate to a little over 60 fps on a 1366x768 monitor. For instance, the 1st gen Alienware m11x (manually switchable graphics--no Optimus) got better frame rates on certain games than did the 2nd gen. The 2nd gen had almost twice the CPU power, but it used Optimus, which cut the maximum framerates significantly.

On computers such as the m11x (insert appropriate ASUS notebook here) Optimus makes a lot of sense, and I would definitely agree with you. To me, at least, putting Optimus on the G55/G75 is like putting a spare gas can on a tank truck.

_
04-09-2012, 05:31 AM
Before the G75 comes out they should do 3 sub forums, for the G53/G73, G54/G74, G55/G75. Will be easier for everyone, especially for new owners, and up coming G75 users... G series forum is getting cluttered as it is..... BTW Brodyboy should take over the G74 drivers page as it doesn't seem JRd1st has time anymore

OK note taken: I will make a new G75/G55 series forum. I would rather keep all older notebook discussion to a separate subforum though.

Zygomorphic
04-09-2012, 07:34 AM
OK note taken: I will make a new G75/G55 series forum. I would rather keep all older notebook discussion to a separate subforum though.

Maybe subdivide that subforum? I see your point though. I guess the problem is that some threads which are started about one laptop run over into others that have the same issues or capabilities--I'm guilty of it. Then it becomes hard to decide which subforum the thread goes in?

GabryJ84
04-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Entry-level GPU: GT 640, GT 650
Mid-range GPU: GTX 660, GTX 660 Ti
High-end GPU: GTX 670, GTX 680

The GeForce 600 Series contains products from two different generations of Nvidia GPUs. For laptop GPUs, the older Fermi architecture occupies both the entry-level and the top-end of the product lineup, while the newer Kepler architecture fills in the mid-range. Most of the desktop lineup is occupied by the Kepler architecture while the entry-level is occupied by the older Fermi architecture.

On March 22, 2012, the first Kepler products joined the 600 series: the GTX 680 for desktop PCs and the GeForce GT 640M, GT 650M, and GTX 660M for notebook/laptop PCs. The GK104, which powers the GTX680, has 1536 stream processors, in eight groups of 192, and 3.5 billion transistors. The GK107 (GT 640M/GT 650M/GTX 660M) has 384 stream processors.

This is hell...it's a complete mess. So for laptops 660M will be Kepler and 640M/650M/670M/680M will be Fermi while for desktops 640/650 will be Fermi and 660/670/680 will be Kepler?

The 680 will have 1536 stream processors but only for desktops as for laptops the 680 is still Fermi? And the 660? Is a Kepler but with less stream processors?

Can someone with decent knowledge on the matter, clarify what will be Kepler and what will be Fermi? I'm beginning to understand nothing...

Nirneath
04-11-2012, 01:43 PM
This is hell...it's a complete mess. So for laptops 660M will be Kepler and 640M/650M/670M/680M will be Fermi while for desktops 640/650 will be Fermi and 660/670/680 will be Kepler?

The 680 will have 1536 stream processors but only for desktops as for laptops the 680 is still Fermi? And the 660? Is a Kepler but with less stream processors?

660m is a Kepler. http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-660M.71859.0.html
670m is Fermi, an upgraded version of 570m. http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-670M.72197.0.html
675m is Fermi, an upgraded version of 580m. http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-675M.70785.0.html

680m will be a part of the Kepler family, though it might take some time before Nvidia decides to release it.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-680M.72679.0.html

dogla
04-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Awsome, G75VW already being sold......and with a reasonable price tag I see. GTX670M graphics card and 3rd gen i7 proc...

dogla
04-11-2012, 05:59 PM
GAMES!!!!! Its a GAMING LAPTOP. MANY, MANY games allow you to make commands.. so you can have 48 commands mapped to the keypad 24 in keypad mode, 24 in numlock-pad mode.

like in FSX views are ALL based on numlock combination. Hit the numlock key and then you have flight surface commands.

Its a HUGE DEAL.

OOWWKEE.....tbh I've never used all those kind of combinations you talked about, so unaware that the num-lock has such a huge impact. I'm a gamer but not really an enthousiast like many of you.

Nirneath
04-11-2012, 06:46 PM
OOWWKEE.....tbh I've never used all those kind of combinations you talked about, so unaware that the num-lock has such a huge impact. I'm a gamer but not really an enthousiast like many of you.

I agree. The num-lock issue wouldn't affect me either, though I do understand those who think it is a big deal. Depends on what kind of games/applications you play/use.

chimeratx
04-12-2012, 06:53 AM
It's so beautiful. I was thinking of buying a G74SX, but now that I've compared both, it looks like the G74 is an uncut diamond, and the G75 has all the rough parts cut out and smoothed, I also can't imagine how powerful this will be, definately will get this one instead.

dogla
04-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Anyone own one already for us to know how it performs against a G74SX? :D

Nirneath
04-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Anyone own one already for us to know how it performs against a G74SX? :D

If you choose a G75 model with the 670m, it should be about 25% faster than the 560m that G74sx has. So when it comes to gaming, the G75 will probably be significantly more powerful than the last generation. This is according to benchmarks done on 3DMark 11 by notebookcheck.net.
I don't know how well the new Ivy-bridge will do against it's predecessor, so I don't have much to say about it.

Carbonic
04-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Almost halfway through April and the G75 is supposedly going to be released this month, but no official announcement yet? Does anyone know how much longer we may have to wait?

My current laptop has been on its last legs since late January and I'm anxiously waiting for the G75, but it's getting difficult not having a usable laptop! :(

GabryJ84
04-12-2012, 09:19 PM
My current laptop has been on its last legs since late January and I'm anxiously waiting for the G75, but it's getting difficult not having a usable laptop! :(

Mine does not even power on anymore...(G2S)

Bojamijams
04-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Ivy Bridge doesn't go on sale until April 23rd so probably thats when we'll see this released

GabryJ84
04-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Ivy Bridge doesn't go on sale until April 23rd so probably thats when we'll see this released

that's the RELEASE date...and a part from that, we only miss 10 days to that date...so I'd expect the "on sale" announcement to be made sometime before...

dogla
04-13-2012, 09:36 AM
I've already seen it being sold on powernotebooks.com

_
04-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Awsome, G75VW already being sold......and with a reasonable price tag I see. GTX670M graphics card and 3rd gen i7 proc...

Hey can you give us a link? :D

We cannot officially announce anything until Intel launches its CPUs. It's not for us to decide sorry.

We'll have all our articles out when that happens :)

GabryJ84
04-13-2012, 10:00 AM
We cannot officially announce anything until Intel launches its CPUs. It's not for us to decide sorry.

Ok, so that's the main reason why ASUS is silent. Thanks Marshall ;)

dogla
04-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Hey can you give us a link? :D

I've seen it at www.powernotebooks.com but it has been pulled from the site......I don't see it anymore....

Nirneath
04-13-2012, 05:03 PM
You can't buy the G75, but you seem to be able to pre-order it.

http://www.powernotebooks.com/configure.php?special=1252

Myranda
04-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Aww this looks teh awesomes!

Is the 670 one of the genuine Keplar boards or a Fermi that's on a smaller die and so is more power efficient?

Tear_a_Bee
04-13-2012, 10:50 PM
The 660m might have been better it is built with the 28nm process while the 670m is built with the 40nm process. So the 670 will run hotter. I don't know maybe it doesn't matter.

Nirneath
04-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Aww this looks teh awesomes!

Is the 670 one of the genuine Keplar boards or a Fermi that's on a smaller die and so is more power efficient?

670m is sadly a fermi, it's not more power efficient. Check the links in my post at page 6 for more detailed info.

chrsplmr
04-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Come on Intel ... Ur kill'n us ...
This one is going to be hard for me to pass up .. if I can ... do ...

I feel'n a G attack coming ... hurt me.

It will be Christmas before the SteamRoller Verdict is in ..
SomeWhere between the 'New' Z Gene's and this G .. Im feel'n
the need for some More ROG in my Life ... my addictive cure.

Let me down G .... and aulllllummmmmm .. ZenBook4Me.c.

Bojamijams
04-14-2012, 01:25 AM
So 660m will run cooler and more power efficient and thus overclock better so ultimately, the 660m will be better then 670m?

Tear_a_Bee
04-14-2012, 01:42 AM
Not better in terms of performance actually far off, but the 660m will probably run cooler, again maybe Asus has a card up their sleeve and will make it work like a dream. I hope so anyway.

mikemelo1369
04-14-2012, 02:42 AM
Wow looks like a beast :D Digging the 4 USB 3.0 ports. I also like the DVI port where it is on this model... I always try plugging the AC cable in the RJ45 port when I'm not looking hahaha.

Definitely love the thin look but hopefully it will still have awesome cooling mechanics as it's predecessor the G74sx.

I think if they start releasing this model with SDD's it would be a very viable upgrade for most. .,... Also super stoked to hear it will be rocking a raid controller :D

Definitely consider the upgrade from my G74SX 3De model already :P (Only if they release a matte screen) Can't stand glossy screens.

Bojamijams
04-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Not better in terms of performance actually far off, but the 660m will probably run cooler, again maybe Asus has a card up their sleeve and will make it work like a dream. I hope so anyway.

Do you have a link comparing a 660m vs 670m?

Zygomorphic
04-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Other threads on the forum have noted--and rightly so--that the 660M is a true Kepler, manufactured on the 28 nm process, with all the benefits that 28 nm lithography provides. The 670M is a rebadged 570M with a slight bump in clock-speed, similar to the AMD pattern of rebadging parts.

chrsplmr
04-14-2012, 12:38 PM

one day at a time .. gets better each than the one before .. as do the models ... and the laptops..hehe

Tear_a_Bee
04-14-2012, 01:41 PM
According to the Nvidia website the 670m is 35% faster than the 660m, here is the link: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gtx-670m

Here is a link for the current 500m series which are in about the same place in terms of performance increase, here: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-560m/performance

AQUASTEVAE
04-15-2012, 05:15 AM
first, the g75 will come with an option to get the matte screens. the site mentioned in this thread where you can preorder one, gives that option. what i would like to know is the exact dimensions compared to the g74, including weight. why is there no youtube first looks, yet?

BrodyBoy
04-15-2012, 06:19 AM
first, the g75 will come with an option to get the matte screens. the site mentioned in this thread where you can preorder one, gives that option.
That's a custom reseller....they typically offer those kinds of options. (The G74 can be similarly customized if you buy it through one of these sellers.) I seriously doubt that Asus will offer this option in its own configurations.

Zygomorphic
04-15-2012, 07:23 AM
why is there no youtube first looks, yet?
Because it hasn't been released yet! Last time I checked, it was pretty hard to review something that--to the public--all but doesn't exist. ;)

AQUASTEVAE
04-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Because it hasn't been released yet! Last time I checked, it was pretty hard to review something that--to the public--all but doesn't exist. ;)

last time i checked manufacturers prerelease products to some media outlets to review, and stir up press and interest before the release, to help the release be more successful. does any of this ring a bell?

Zygomorphic
04-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Should be in the manual, which is on ASUS FTP site. I have a link to it in one of my other posts in this thread.

dogla
04-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Guys quick question.....what do you prefer, a laptop with 3rd gen core i7 and GTX670M or one with 2nd gen core i7 (2670QM) and GTX580M.
I'm just in process of buying another gaming laptop but need to choose between these 2 models (the first being ASUS G75 and the second MSI GT70. I know the GTX580 is an 256-bit card and about 20% more gaming performance.

Nirneath
04-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Guys quick question.....what do you prefer, a laptop with 3rd gen core i7 and GTX670M or one with 2nd gen core i7 (2670QM) and GTX580M.
I'm just in process of buying another gaming laptop but need to choose between these 2 models (the first being ASUS G75 and the second MSI GT70. I know the GTX580 is an 256-bit card and about 20% more gaming performance.

I hope you know that MSI is getting out their new gaming series as well, the old ones will not be the only options, so there will soon be laptops for those who want Ivy Bridge + GTX675m(which is like an overclocked 580m) or faster configurations.

When I look for gaming laptops, I don't only look for faster speeds, but also build quality, looks and relevant functions. What I have seen of G75, I think it's in my opinion good enough with 670m to buy before it's faster competitors.
Though, I need to see more of the new MSI laptops and the new Samsung gaming series to get a better idea of what the best purchase would be.

Tear_a_Bee
04-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Any chance there would be interchangeable graphics cards in the G75. Sp you could for instance order it with a 680m on a customising website?

BrodyBoy
04-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Any chance there would be interchangeable graphics cards in the G75. Sp you could for instance order it with a 680m on a customising website?
I'll bet if you call one of those sellers, they probably already know the answer to that.

dlemenn
04-16-2012, 02:49 PM
You find for buy in Italy new laptop ASUS G55 VW is arrival by shop

price is 1399 €

(sorry for my english)

Zygomorphic
04-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Your English is quite good, so no worries. If you would like the proper English, I can PM you.

So when will the G55VW be available in America?

Check out this link:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00332591000P?prdNo=2&i_cntr=1334099997002

tj416
04-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of picking up a G55 when it comes out. But what do you all think about the GPU? Should I go for the 660M (Kepler) or 670M (Fermi). I know the 670 out performs the 660M but does the new architecture have any other benefits to it?

Also, will the G55 be coming with the ROG bag and mouse like the older models? I want those too:cool:

Saint G74
04-17-2012, 08:25 PM
I just wounder how long was G74 the flagship in Asus Rog line in laptops! And how long will G75 be the flagship i got a brand new G74sx and i love it i will have it 3 years then i will change, do you think it will be the G75 i buy by then or is there something new in 3 years?

BrodyBoy
04-17-2012, 08:27 PM
I just wounder how long was G74 the flagship in Asus Rog line in laptops! And how long will G75 be the flagship i got a brand new G74sx and i love it i will have it 3 years then i will change, do you think it will be the G75 i buy by then or is there something new in 3 years?
Asus tends to come out with updated models every year. Some are major re-designs, some are just tweaks.

In three years, there will most certainly be newer models in the line-up.

Saint G74
04-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Asus tends to come out with updated models every year. Some are major re-designs, some are just tweaks.

In three years, there will most certainly be newer models in the line-up.

Ok thx for the fast reply sounds good hope they make some more changes then than om the G75 i think its a bit to small diffrences to go from G74 to G75 as i feel it. Its a awsome machine no dout about that

BitterSugar
04-18-2012, 01:14 PM
nice, thin but still have cooler and i think the cooler is better, but for some reason its kinda looks like lamborgini vx7:D

Aras
04-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Can you tell me your opinion about what diffrences are beetwen thic cards avaible in G75 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M 2 GB GDDR5 Kepler and NVIDIA GeForce GTX670M 3 GB GDDR5 Fermi?

Aras
04-20-2012, 09:51 AM
anybody can help?

dataDave
04-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Will there be, y'know, options for stuff in the BIOS this time? Or will we be restricted by defaults again?

BrodyBoy
04-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Will there be, y'know, options for stuff in the BIOS this time? Or will we be restricted by defaults again?
I believe I read a comment from Marshall that the BIOS would similarly limit RAM to 1333MHz when the slots are full. My guess is that the G75 BIOS will be generally similar, as I think Asus has determined that limiting BIOS options results in fewer support calls and RMAs.

Cippoleo
04-21-2012, 12:18 AM
hello everybody, but a g75 with new amd radeon mobility anyone have notice?

Zygomorphic
04-21-2012, 12:53 AM
@Aras, you will want to purchase the GTX660M, it is a Kepler part. It will run cooler, have better battery life, and likely be as fast. Since it is 2 GB, it will have the 128-bit bus, which will limit the bandwidth, but 128-bit GDDR5 is still quite good. While the GTX670M may be faster in bandwidth and lightly higher in performance, it will also be a lot hotter. Cooler components means better lifespan--and more over-clocking headroom. While I don't really understand overclocking, I have read that the Kepler parts have a lot of room, because of the power-saving design.

NagashDN
04-21-2012, 01:26 AM
@Zygomorphic

I don't really understand the point of overclocking laptops. Especially ones that are not DTR, but just powerful notebooks.

chrsplmr
04-21-2012, 01:40 AM
fun ....... same reason to overClock anything. for the ROG of it.c.

Aras
04-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Thanks Zygomorphic for answer. While nobody didnt answer me I made some research, and coclusion is very simple we have to wait until next week(Premiere ivy bridge) and guess first official performance tests with ivy bridge and kepler's technology.

Zygomorphic
04-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Great decision @Aras. Ivy Bridge is supposed to have some impressive power-saving capabilities, due to its 3D transistor design. That, combined with the power saving of Kepler, should add up to some impressive battery life. I don't know how much you need battery, but it is always nice to have, especially for any college students who carry their computers around.

Actually, I would assume that ASUS ROG series laptops are among the few that you can safely overclock. They have great cooling, and they are designed to be DTR notebooks. As always, it is up to the individual to decide if the few extra FPS are worth it.

GabryJ84
04-23-2012, 10:26 AM
So today is The Day... :D

Zygomorphic
04-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Now we have to stop betting...and starting buying;). I just plugged in what should be the G55VW page, based upon their past page scheme, and it says that the page cannot be found :(

GabryJ84
04-23-2012, 04:01 PM
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ does not work here in Italy...is it the good deal? :D

Aras
04-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Unfortunetly we have to wait, and I still didnt know what to chose New technology NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M or old one NVIDIA GeForce GTX670M. For me it's a pretty big deal(notebook G75(the version which i prefer cost about 2300$, the cheapest version 1700$ in my country). I read that GTX670M is more efficient in gaming. We will see i guess after 29 of April.

GabryJ84
04-23-2012, 07:41 PM
I still didnt know what to chose New technology NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M or old one NVIDIA GeForce GTX670M. I read that GTX670M is more efficient in gaming.

I'm stuck at the same question

Unfortunetly we have to wait. We will see i guess after 29 of April.

Where did you get this?

(notebook G75(the version which i prefer cost about 2300$, the cheapest version 1700$ in my country)

So we have a pricelist but not a model list?

Aras
04-23-2012, 07:45 PM
We have to wait one more or two more weeks

mjf
04-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi guys,

the first review is online, I created a new thread for it which you can find here:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?13476-G75-first-review&country=&status=

There is even more pics in the review to be found :)

gnuga
05-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Finally after long waiting, this baby has been released and guess what ??
I even get $200 discount today! and free shipping as well! Must be my lucky day. :D

So here's the specs that I got:

Specifications

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Display: 17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3610QM Quad-core (2.3GHz)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 2G GDDR5
Wireless: 802.11 b/g/n
LAN: 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 4 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 16GB SDRAM (OMG, they packed it full. Awesome)
Storage: 750GB 7200RPM
Optical Drive: DL DVD±RW/CD-RW
Camera: 2.0 megapixel
Speakers: Premium speakers with ASUS Sonicmaster Technology
Card Reader: 1 x 3-in-1 card reader : SD+MMC+MS
Input/ Output:
1 x Mic-in
1 x Headphone-out
1 x VGA port/Mini D-Sub 15-pin for external monitor
1 x RJ-45 LAN
1 x Bluetooth 4.0
4 x USB 3.0 ports (love this)
1 x HDMI port
Battery: 8-cell
Dimensions: 16.3" x 12.6" x 0.9"-2.0" (W x D x H)
Weight: 8.7lbs (with 8-cell battery)
Color: Black

And for those who says that this machine is HOT, you are wrong. It's cool and quiet. They must have design a different air flow channel as the fans are now on the far left and right and it works!!.

Only downside that I feel is that I prefer the touchpad to be in the center or more to the right simply because I'm a right handed. But that's just me and mostly I work with my lovely Logitech mouse. Not a big problem at all.

So where do get this new G75 with 200 buck discount? I don't think the discount would last much longer. Grab yours and join me:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MW73C2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=utm-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007MW73C2 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MW73C2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=utm-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007MW73C2)

Spread the word bro..

Forget to mention the price.
Originally is: $ 1,699
Minus disc : $ 200-
Now : $ 1,499

Daylife
05-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Finally after long waiting, this baby has been released and guess what ??
I even get $200 discount today! and free shipping as well! Must be my lucky day. :D

So here's the specs that I got:

Specifications

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Display: 17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3610QM Quad-core (2.3GHz)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 2G GDDR5
Wireless: 802.11 b/g/n
LAN: 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 4 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 16GB SDRAM (OMG, they packed it full. Awesome)
Storage: 750GB 7200RPM
Optical Drive: DL DVD±RW/CD-RW
Camera: 2.0 megapixel
Speakers: Premium speakers with ASUS Sonicmaster Technology
Card Reader: 1 x 3-in-1 card reader : SD+MMC+MS
Input/ Output:
1 x Mic-in
1 x Headphone-out
1 x VGA port/Mini D-Sub 15-pin for external monitor
1 x RJ-45 LAN
1 x Bluetooth 4.0
4 x USB 3.0 ports (love this)
1 x HDMI port
Battery: 8-cell
Dimensions: 16.3" x 12.6" x 0.9"-2.0" (W x D x H)
Weight: 8.7lbs (with 8-cell battery)
Color: Black

And for those who says that this machine is HOT, you are wrong. It's cool and quiet. They must have design a different air flow channel as the fans are now on the far left and right and it works!!.

Only downside that I feel is that I prefer the touchpad to be in the center or more to the right simply because I'm a right handed. But that's just me and mostly I work with my lovely Logitech mouse. Not a big problem at all.

So where do get this new G75 with 200 buck discount? I don't think the discount would last much longer. Grab yours and join me:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MW73C2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=utm-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007MW73C2 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MW73C2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=utm-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007MW73C2)

Spread the word bro..

Forget to mention the price.
Originally is: $ 1,699
Minus disc : $ 200-
Now : $ 1,499

I would suggest getting the $1250 g75 the only difference between the $1500 and $1250 is the HDD and RAM....which the $1250 has a 1TR HDD and 8 Gb of RAM...you can spend 50-80 bucks on 2 x8 GB RAM ad it will still be less then the 1500.... Just saying.

jtesq
06-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Can anyone recommend the best site/place to customize and order the G75VW? I want to upgrade to the 670M graphics card and get a SSD drive but non-3D.

Also, when will the recently announced "5G wi-fi" G75VW version at Computex be released?

pcorreiamd
06-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Can anyone recommend the best site/place to customize and order the G75VW? I want to upgrade to the 670M graphics card and get a SSD drive but non-3D.

Also, when will the recently announced "5G wi-fi" G75VW version at Computex be released?

Without knowing where you live it will be difficult. There are a lot of custom shops in the US but if you live overseas shipping has some problems... Also you can see a list of models in the "Important Posts" on the top of the G75 and G55 section of the forum. Maybe its better to buy it already with the 670 and the ssd :P

goosenmav
06-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Just picked up my G55VW a few days ago and I'm madly in love! ;)

Liquidus
06-29-2012, 03:03 AM
Just picked up my G55VW a few days ago and I'm madly in love! ;)

Not the best place to post that... =\