PDA

View Full Version : G53SW fps issue/game performance

Felu
03-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi, yesterday I bought G53SW. I have with it a terrible problem with the notebook gaming performance. Playing The Witcher 2 low, all off, FHD it's unplayable, 10-20 fps. Same with Battlefield 3 which is playable only on low and everything off but now always. FPS varies between 15 (smoke, fire) and 50. No idea what goes wrong. I've bought notebook without W7. Things which I did:

1. Install Windows 7 64x

2. Install all drivers without point 1. Hostfix (don't know what is it) from this:

G73SW and G53SW: Latest drivers and everything you need for a fresh install.

3. Install Avast

4. Install all update for Windows (about 100)

5. Update directx for Windows site

Nothing changed. I found on forum something like this:

"First, be sure you're on high performance mode.
Second, install driver sweeper. Remove gpu drivers from add remove windows program, DONT REBOOT.
Run driver sweeper, sleect chipset and display (nvidia), then hit analyze->clean.

Reboot.
Now if windows is attempting to install the drivers itself, cancel the process. Download latest 280.19 Beta (Verde notebook) from nvidia.
Download the modified inf ive attached above.
Run the installer. It should create an NVIDIA folder in C:\. It should say that theres no compatible hardware found.

Go into NVIDIA folder until you reach Display.display folder. Go into it and overwrite nvam.inf with mine attached a few posts above.

Run the setup again, this time hit Customize and check the box "Perform Clean Installation".
Install everything but 3d vision controller/driver. Now reboot when asked and see if your gpu keeps on acting like that."

Don't know where is this modified inf ive, so I did this without it.

Nothing changed.

3dmark11 test: http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2887292

Maybe this notebook is not good enough?

Please help!

Bleether
03-04-2012, 08:16 AM
I feel you man, i am trying to figure out the same exact thing for my computer.

I just purchased a brand new Asus G53sx-DH71. Specs below.

Display:
15.6" LED (1920x1080) Matte
Video Card:
2048MB nVIDIA DDR5 GTX 560M
Processor:
2nd Generation Intel® Mobile Core i7 2670QM
Memory:
12GB DDR3 1333MHz
Hard Drive:
Dual 500GB 7200RPM

I am currently playing Kingdom of Amalur and The Witcher 2, and i feel as if i am not getting the FPS this machine is capable of. I average around 29-37 fps and 19-24 fps for both games respectively.

Is there anyway i can verify that my computer is running at optimal performance, and if these results are normal for my rig?

I have read the articles on throttling, but i verified that my machine is experiencing this problem with these two games.

Even if you can not directly give me an answer, i would greatly appreciate it if you could direct me in the proper direction.

Thank you much.

Bleether
03-04-2012, 09:35 AM
I was reviewing your 3d mark score, and your core clock is very low on your GPU. There is a lot of information out there about your GPU. They are often overclocked to 800mhz. Considering the fact that your gpu is clocking 675, i think you can safely bump it up to 750mhz. You should notice a significant increase in performance.

I have also been doing some research on our computers, and apparently ASUS computers have an issue with the CPU throttling. You can find all this information stickied on the fist page of the G series forum page.

AMOGamog
03-04-2012, 10:50 AM
ive got an asus g53 sw. I have a 3d mark 11 score of 2300+ overclocked with msi after burner
I was having fps issue as well. My cpu was throtlling. Look at the CPU thortelling sticky on this forum. Made a big difference and a very simple solution

Bf3 is running 35 fps+ on med high settings 1080p
so theres hope :)