PDA

View Full Version : G73/74/53 Series Driver and Application Reference

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Chastity@ASUS
09-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Hello Chastity, I am owner of G73GH. And I have a big problem with BIOS. May be do you no, BIOS has 2 part, first which wee can up date, and another one hiden. My problem, that sacond(hiden part) was damaged and now laptop can't start. In my coutry in service senter can't find it. May be do you now were I can get it? Thank you, and sorry for my English))))).

The "2nd part" you are referring to is the CMOS. To reset it, if you can get into the BIOS screen via F2, then on the last tab, there's an option to "Reset To Defaults". If not, then you would need to disassemble the unit, and remove the battery for the CMOS on the motherboard for like 5 minutes, with laptop battery off and no AC power, and then put it back together.

jondank
09-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Chastity

After two weeks ASUS tech support finally replied to my query as to how to reset CMOS. Here what the said:

"Thanks for your contacting ASUS Customer Service.

Sorry for my late reply.

For your problem, firstly, please load BIOS default as follows for a try. Please turn on the laptop. Press F2 as soon as you see ASUS logo to enter BIOS. Then press F9 to load BIOS default. Then save and exit and then reboot the laptop.
The BIOS flash procedure is now complete.

Secondly, I am sorry to tell you that, generally, we don't suggest our customer to reset their CMOS memory themselves. In this operation, you need to disassemble your notebook. It is risky and will affect your warranty policy.

If it is convenience, I would like to suggest you to contact our local service center and take your unit to it. And let our engineer help you.
Please make a phone call to the following number. 888-678-3688 or 510-739-3777 option 2 then 3 for Notebook Technical Support. Monday thru Friday 7:30 AM to 6 PM Pst.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Please provide your Product S/N and the service number when you call in.

If you have any other questions, please contact us promplty. "

Not much help and the first part is technically incorrect. F9 does not flash the BIOS, but rather resets selected parameters to defaults and stores those values in CMOS.

I have turned off all sleep and screen blanking to see if it helps with BSODs.

kevin34
09-02-2011, 06:54 AM
I have a G73Sw, I have been occasionally getting these really odd screen issues. I will open a program and all of a sudden it will flicker, then go blocky and continue to flicker until eventually just blinking basically. Its a bit hard to describe without seeing it, but if anyone has any idea as to why this is happening any help would be much appreciated. My drivers are up to date and there are no viruses or spyware. Latest drivers and everything are installed. Thanks in advance for any help.

Kevin

Concistodor
09-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Yes, this center is offisial, but as they sad, ther are 4 diferent levels of repair centers with different access levels. And that get that "hiden" BIOS center has to be a 4th level, because that BIOS can bi ordered jast dirctly from factory. Usualy center has BIOS fol all model which was officialy represented in country, but my model wasn't represented( I bought it in USA, Bes Buy ). Due to this reason they ordered BIOS from USA center, but I am waiting already 2 monthes. So maybe do you know any other way to receive this BIOS.

Concistodor
09-02-2011, 12:37 PM
I do not believe that anything other than the main BIOS is offered for public download. Is this an official ASUS repair center that you are working with?

Yes, this center is offisial, but as they sad, ther are 4 diferent levels of repair centers with different access levels. And that get that "hiden" BIOS center has to be a 4th level, because that BIOS can bi ordered jast dirctly from factory. Usualy center has BIOS fol all model which was officialy represented in country, but my model wasn't represented( I bought it in USA, Bes Buy ). Due to this reason they ordered BIOS from USA center, but I am waiting already 2 monthes. So maybe do you know any other way to receive this BIOS.

jorlanm
09-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Realtek HD 2.65 Audio drivers are out...

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Porknog
09-03-2011, 06:47 AM
I have a G73JW and want to do a clean Win 7 install. The Asus Driver & Application Disc download link seems to be out of service at the moment, and the mirrors are actually for the G53JW. Can I use the G53JW install ISO on my G73?

Selenarious
09-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Just out of interest, why is G53SW excluded from the list?

m1lkb0ne
09-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks, Chastity, for a very useful thread. I haven't had time to read all of it, so I apologize if this is duplicate information; please remove this post if it's not useful.

I have a G74SX-3DE, which uses the Atheros AR9002WB-1NG minicard (http://www.atheros.com/media/product/product_75_file1.pdf) for WiFi and Bluetooth. This card actually uses the AR9285 chip for 802.11n WiFi and the AR3011 chip for Bluetooth. (The same card is also used in the Asus Eee Slate) I found with the stock driver I was getting very poor Internet performance, like about one-tenth of my ISP's nominal speed, as measured by the Speakeasy Speed Test (http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/). Turning off Bluetooth seemed to help, though.

I notice you've listed an updated driver from a Czech site, but when I tried to install it, I got a warning about its not being digitally signed. I found that Toshiba has a more recent one, which can be downloaded from this page (http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/?page=downloads). (Choose the download link for Win7 32/64 to get version 9.2.0.419.0) This will get you a file called "atheros-wlan-win7-9204190.zip". Unzip the file to get an application called "TC00384500B.exe", which itself is a self-extracting archive. Run the program, specify the folder you want to extract to, say "C:\unpack", and cancel the rest of the installation. (Otherwise it will extract to a temporary location, execute a setup program which doesn't seem to do anything [probably because Asus is not Toshiba], delete the temporary files, and quit.) Then use the Device Manager to update the Atheros driver, pointing the updater to the "C:\unpack" folder and telling it look in subdirectories. It will find the appropriate driver, which is digitally signed, and install it. Reboot, just for caution's sake.

I've found that this new driver gives me my full ISP speed with no random disconnects, and no need to turn off Bluetooth, on both the G74SX and on the Eee Slate. It only gives a 65Mbps connection to my D-Link DIR-655 router, and I should be able to get nearly twice that. That's probably a hardware limitation, but it works well enough for my purposes, and saves the cost and trouble of upgrading the WiFi and Bluetooth cards.

krychek
09-04-2011, 01:54 AM
Hey folks. I uninstalled the Creative Audigy software suite due to the constant freezing I was experiencing resulting from its conflicts with other programs (most notably Steam and Skype). I'd like to reinstall it, however, to see if it will work with my recent configuration. When running the setup, however, I receive this error message - "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Setup will not exit." What gives?

By the way, anyone know if it's possible to enable the SD card slot as a boot option via the most recent bios (v13, I believe). I'd like to update the vBios as per the instructions in this thread:

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?774-G73jh-vBios-update-tutorial-for-GSOD-matter

Can I do it with a Cd, DVD, or SD card... or is the USB flash drive mandatory? Thanks in advance,

- extremely disappointed G73JH owner.

chrsplmr
09-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Chastity,
I have to say, I am a ROG MB supporter through and through, but if I was, and I am seriously thinking about it, drop $2000 dollars on one of these awesome ROGbooks...the deciding factor will be you and the support I have seen from you to others.
I have learned much from you.thnx.c.

denon28
09-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks, Chastity, for a very useful thread. I haven't had time to read all of it, so I apologize if this is duplicate information; please remove this post if it's not useful.

I have a G74SX-3DE, which uses the Atheros AR9002WB-1NG minicard (http://www.atheros.com/media/product/product_75_file1.pdf) for WiFi and Bluetooth. This card actually uses the AR9285 chip for 802.11n WiFi and the AR3011 chip for Bluetooth. (The same card is also used in the Asus Eee Slate) I found with the stock driver I was getting very poor Internet performance, like about one-tenth of my ISP's nominal speed, as measured by the Speakeasy Speed Test (http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/). Turning off Bluetooth seemed to help, though.

I notice you've listed an updated driver from a Czech site, but when I tried to install it, I got a warning about its not being digitally signed. I found that Toshiba has a more recent one, which can be downloaded from this page (http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/?page=downloads). (Choose the download link for Win7 32/64 to get version 9.2.0.419.0) This will get you a file called "atheros-wlan-win7-9204190.zip". Unzip the file to get an application called "TC00384500B.exe", which itself is a self-extracting archive. Run the program, specify the folder you want to extract to, say "C:\unpack", and cancel the rest of the installation. (Otherwise it will extract to a temporary location, execute a setup program which doesn't seem to do anything [probably because Asus is not Toshiba], delete the temporary files, and quit.) Then use the Device Manager to update the Atheros driver, pointing the updater to the "C:\unpack" folder and telling it look in subdirectories. It will find the appropriate driver, which is digitally signed, and install it. Reboot, just for caution's sake.

I've found that this new driver gives me my full ISP speed with no random disconnects, and no need to turn off Bluetooth, on both the G74SX and on the Eee Slate. It only gives a 65Mbps connection to my D-Link DIR-655 router, and I should be able to get nearly twice that. That's probably a hardware limitation, but it works well enough for my purposes, and saves the cost and trouble of upgrading the WiFi and Bluetooth cards.

Thanks, followed your instructions, with a minor tweak detailed below.
I downloaded the file and extracted the .zip with 7zip.
Then I right clicked on the .exe and extracted it with 7zip to a temp folder on my Desktop.
From there I went to the control panel and Device Drivers found the wireless card and updated the drivers to the ones I had recently extracted.
Worked a treat, thanks for the info.

Val
09-06-2011, 02:16 PM
New LAN Atheros Driver V1.0.2.51 WHQL (AR813X)
http://fichiers.touslesdrivers.com/atheros/AR813x_AR815x_v1.0.2.51_WHQL.rar

BladeZero
09-06-2011, 10:50 PM
That Atheros driver has been out for awhile. It was on Atheros own webpage and it was taken down. I get that driver from wikidrivers.com

strtrkn
09-07-2011, 08:39 PM
The pcaudio.ath.cx site that hosts a lot of the drivers here seems to be down. Is there another site (besides asus itself) which will have things like the monitor profile for the G73JW? Thanks!

JRd1st
09-08-2011, 02:13 AM
The pcaudio.ath.cx site that hosts a lot of the drivers here seems to be down. Is there another site (besides asus itself) which will have things like the monitor profile for the G73JW? Thanks!

That site is on Chastity's server, and it and she are in the process of moving. I'm sure she'll get it going again as sure as she has the time. ;)

JRd1st
09-08-2011, 02:13 AM

That site is on Chastity's server, and it and she are in the process of moving. I'm sure she'll get it going again as sure as she has the time. ;)

omega939
09-08-2011, 04:19 AM
Chastity,

Will there be (in the near future) an updated bios for g74 with added memory settings? Just like what alienware have in its laptop bios. As this will give more performance boost.

thanks

cHaOserveR
09-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Anyone have a mirror for "Seagate ST9500420AS 500GB HDD v5 Firmware" ? The server it's hosted on seems to be down.

Val
09-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Anyone have a mirror for "Seagate ST9500420AS 500GB HDD v5 Firmware" ? The server it's hosted on seems to be down.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/547122-seagate-st9500420as-firmware-update.html
There are instructions + link to DELL site where you can find firmware.

Spanner_Man
09-09-2011, 11:57 AM
I know Chastity is in the middle of moving but someone else might have a copy of the Asus Driver and Application Disc for G73SW to download from elsewhere

Leejn
09-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Hi,

Tried the entire evening to install 280.26 on my G53SW SZ143V... Yeah I suck.
A few minutes ago, found this : " Modded INF version for those who need it: Verde 280.26 WHQL ModINF (08/13/11) " ..........Sadly, the link is dead :<

Can someone please put it back up, or repost ?
Thanks in advance !

jorlanm
09-10-2011, 02:03 PM
I havent been on the drivers page in a while...Whats the SD26 Seagate Momentous XT firmware do?

MatG
09-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi there, just became the owner of a G74SX and i have just reinstalled Win7 after af complete defragmentation.

Before i did that there was an utilty named: ASUS GameFast, and i like to install it again.
I just can't find on the Driver and Utility disk and its not on ASUS download site. Can't find it anywhere??

Can someone help me?

Thx :)

bigjump
09-11-2011, 10:01 PM
That Atheros driver has been out for awhile. It was on Atheros own webpage and it was taken down. I get that driver from wikidrivers.com

I used to download from http://www.atheros.cz/ (http://www.atheros.cz/).

jondank
09-12-2011, 07:09 AM
Had another BSOD (POWER STATE FAILURE) on the same G73SW (one without an OCZ SSD nor memory upgrades). Maybe my issues on my OCZ SSD upgraded G73SW have nothing to do with the SSD, but rather an ongoing Intel ACPI issue? Wjhat should I do next? I am going to turn sleep and hibernate modes off completely. I may need to clear CMOS on this unit as well. I'm writing a CMOS clear utility.

No more BSODs since this post. I also turned off screen blanking as well. My screen doesn't get a rest but no BSODs.

Val
09-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Did anyone experience problems with G73jh using 11.8 Catalyst? I had a well-known issue known as "Grey Screen" or "Vertical lines". Like here:
http://img15.nnm.ru/3/4/a/d/7/98e39d356e9e76ad75905a4dabc.jpg

I had to switch to 11.6 Catalyst because of that bug.

jorlanm
09-13-2011, 06:02 PM
SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT SD28 Firmware is out...

Chastity@ASUS
09-13-2011, 07:09 PM
SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT SD28 Firmware is out...

No links?

jorlanm
09-13-2011, 07:18 PM
my bad, heres the link...

http://seagate.custkb.com/seagate/crm/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=215451&NewLang=en

both windows environment and iso version...

Hopes it gives a bit better boost...

Val
09-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Chastity, consider updating the main page with following drivers:
1. LAN Atheros Driver V1.0.2.51 WHQL (AR813X) -
http://fichiers.touslesdrivers.com/atheros/AR813x_AR815x_v1.0.2.51_WHQL.rar
2. WiFI Atheros AR928X - V9.2.0.419.0 (The actual driver files can be separated from other Toshiba stuff)
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/?page=downloads
3. Reatlek HD Audio 2.65
http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

All drivers tested on G73JH and work perfectly.

TheOriginalTO
09-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Val, Check the OS before posting drivers please, it says the wireless is for XP.

Val
09-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Val, Check the OS before posting drivers please, it says the wireless is for XP.
Check if there is also Windows 7 version driver before posting anything/

TheOriginalTO
09-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Intel has a handful of updates on the chipset etc. that can be found here.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Laptop+Chipsets&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%C2%AE+5+Series+Chipset&ProdId=3172&LineId=1088&FamilyId=40

Concistodor
09-15-2011, 04:24 PM
"FIX: Loss of Keyboard Lights After Flashing BIOS" link don't work. Can you update it?

denon28
09-16-2011, 12:20 PM
"FIX: Loss of Keyboard Lights After Flashing BIOS" link don't work. Can you update it?

Server is down while Chastity moves. Did you check to make sure it wasn't just turned off? Try holding Fn and pushing F4.

rosertek
09-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Hi Guys,

I am new here at the forum.

I updated my audio drivers to the 2.65 version and now i can t install que creative suit, it keeps poping up the message that my hardware is not compatible, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

denon28
09-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Hi Guys,

I am new here at the forum.

I updated my audio drivers to the 2.65 version and now i can t install que creative suit, it keeps poping up the message that my hardware is not compatible, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, I had the exact same problem. The fix is to uninstall 2.65 and download the driver disk in the first post. Then install the original audio drivers and then the creative suite, once it is all up and running as expected, then upgrade to 2.65 and it works great.

PHO01
09-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Hey Chastity,

Firstly thanks for all your work on this, been with you since the beginning... just quietly stalking you in the back ground, usually struggling to keep up & all im doing is installing. Your a machine!! So YOU had my confuser clocked upto 845/1080 stable (mind you I dont game only use as media player) until Some idiot, mwa, decided to try customizing themes and logon!! Long and short- back to fresh install and noticed the updated vbios02 ( "donotblame.us" link not working either BTW) just wondering why its not on this thread?

Thanx again mate.

rosertek
09-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Yes, I had the exact same problem. The fix is to uninstall 2.65 and download the driver disk in the first post. Then install the original audio drivers and then the creative suite, once it is all up and running as expected, then upgrade to 2.65 and it works great.

Thanks denon28, i did the same thing and it worked like a charm.

=D

Chastity@ASUS
09-18-2011, 11:05 PM
I've updated the links, so they should all be working. If you get a dead link, please let me know.

Jozu
09-19-2011, 05:45 AM
Hi, I need some help.

I just bought a g74 from Best Buy and my "virtual camera" doesnt work. I downloaded the virtual camera app thing from the Asus ebsite but when I try to start itnothing happens.

The link here that is supposed to be the driver doesnt work. When I try running the installer after downloading it gives me an error and must not be compatible or something. Please help.

LoneWolf3574
09-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Chastity, I do have to ask if you know why it is that some of the downloads, particularly the Drivers App & Universal Windows DVDs, are only downloading at ~4-40KB/s. I've tried the big 3 browsers and download managers and still get the same no matter what. Looking at 21-69 hours for each of them.

Treeclimber
09-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Is there a chance at having the up rate for the Windows Home Premium bumped? 9.2Kps will take a rather long time, and I tried over night, ended up being 'interrupted' after getting .3gb out of the 2.8gb.

I know my dl rate is quite a high rate, so the up must be the server end for this file.

Treeclimber
09-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Is there a chance you could up the rate speed for the windows rar file? Currently getting 9.7Kps; said to take 2 days, tried overnight, but I was timed out (probably by the server)

LoneWolf3574
09-20-2011, 02:03 AM
Treeclimber, the only way I'm able to resume even after a timeout is by using a download manager like DownThemAll! for FireFox. 10% after 9hours, 1 timeout and 1 reboot due to a driver update for my headset.

Chastity@ASUS
09-20-2011, 03:24 AM
Sorry about the transfer rates peoples... maybe I am getting throttled, or hammered by a bunch of requests. I'll have to check on that.

colklink
09-20-2011, 04:03 PM
umm the ati crap cleaner link isnt working any help?

MatG
09-21-2011, 09:28 PM
I've updated the links, so they should all be working. If you get a dead link, please let me know.
Hi Chastity, sorry for asking again but do you have any idea how i get my hands on "ASUS Gamefast" ? It was pre-installed on my G74, but i wiped everything and did a clean install with my own Win7 Ultimate x64. I have the retail DVD that came with the notebook and checked www.support.asus.com for new version of drivers and apps, but i can't find anything about "ASUS Gamefast" ..not even a search on google worked :(

Can u help me?

Thx anyway ;-)

charlie18
09-22-2011, 01:59 AM
Hey I am having issues downloading: Modded INF version for those who need it: Verde 280.26 WHQL ModINF (08/13/11)
i have the g53 sw and I believe this is what I need to update the graphics driver

-edit
it is working again

MatG
09-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Hi Chastity, sorry for asking again but do you have any idea how i get my hands on "ASUS Gamefast" ? It was pre-installed on my G74, but i wiped everything and did a clean install with my own Win7 Ultimate x64. I have the retail DVD that came with the notebook and checked www.support.asus.com for new version of drivers and apps, but i can't find anything about "ASUS Gamefast" ..not even a search on google worked :(

Can u help me?

Thx anyway ;-)

Well, maybe someone at ASUS knows :/
Thx for the feedback

Josea
09-23-2011, 02:50 PM
MatG,http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/45811-asus-g74sx-a1-gaming-notebook-review-4.html
This link has a photo of the application you mentioned I believe, it looks a lot like ASUS Fast boot. I realize they do different tasks

MatG
09-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Josea@ You're right, i looks at lot like Gamefast but not same function as you wrote. Now i send a mail to ASUS and waiting for an answer....

I wonder why its not on the ASUS website or even at any site at all??

Chastity@ASUS
09-23-2011, 10:57 PM
I take it the GameFast installer is not on the Driver CD?

edit: nope, it is not... I guess I can do some digging....

JRd1st
09-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Nope, it's not anywhere, Chastity. Not on Asus site or FTP. Google only finds it mentioned in a review or two.

Seems like it could be useful if it only shows services that are safe to stop. Sort of an automatic BlackViper services tweaker. Lol

MatG
09-24-2011, 09:46 AM
GameFast is very similar to GameBooster

jondank
09-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Chastity

After two weeks ASUS tech support finally replied to my query as to how to reset CMOS. Here what the said:

"Thanks for your contacting ASUS Customer Service.

Sorry for my late reply.

For your problem, firstly, please load BIOS default as follows for a try. Please turn on the laptop. Press F2 as soon as you see ASUS logo to enter BIOS. Then press F9 to load BIOS default. Then save and exit and then reboot the laptop.
The BIOS flash procedure is now complete.

Secondly, I am sorry to tell you that, generally, we don't suggest our customer to reset their CMOS memory themselves. In this operation, you need to disassemble your notebook. It is risky and will affect your warranty policy.

If it is convenience, I would like to suggest you to contact our local service center and take your unit to it. And let our engineer help you.
Please make a phone call to the following number. 888-678-3688 or 510-739-3777 option 2 then 3 for Notebook Technical Support. Monday thru Friday 7:30 AM to 6 PM Pst.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Please provide your Product S/N and the service number when you call in.

If you have any other questions, please contact us promplty. "

Not much help and the first part is technically incorrect. F9 does not flash the BIOS, but rather resets selected parameters to defaults and stores those values in CMOS.

Now 24 days since I did this. No more BSODs.

JRd1st
09-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Now 24 days since I did this. No more BSODs.

You still have sleep turned off? You were using sleep as opposed to hybernate?

Chastity@ASUS
09-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Resetting the BIOS to defaults is just as good as resetting the CMOS... does the same thing. Hope you stay crash-free :)

Boosted_R
09-26-2011, 03:40 AM
Driver for Atheros AR9002WB-1NG ?

JRd1st
09-26-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm using 9.2.0.419 from StationDrivers (http://www.station-drivers.com/page/atheros.htm) (near the bottom of the page on the right)

I use the Inf install method as it's cleaner, but the setup.exe method is there, too. They also have a 9.2.0.427 WHQL but I haven't tried it yet so I can't say it's better.

Hope this works out for you, man! ;)

Bekarasha
09-26-2011, 07:33 PM
download speed is very slow :( 26kb/sec can it be uploaded to any other servers?

is it clean windows installetion without any additional software inside?

Chastity@ASUS
09-26-2011, 08:01 PM
I'll be talking to Comcast when I get home... I think they be throttling me. :/

JRd1st
09-26-2011, 08:53 PM
I'll be talking to Comcast when I get home... I think they be throttling me. :/

Oh yeah. I have Comcast and they do throttle. Downloads start fast, then drop to a snail's pace. I don't know how they get away with their BS ads... :(

Chastity@ASUS
09-27-2011, 01:42 AM
What's sad is that I have Business Class service... and I shouldn't be having this...

Bekarasha
09-27-2011, 09:09 AM
download speed still slow http://i55.tinypic.com/2h4i044.png

speed test Amsterdam (NL) to New York (USA) http://www.speedtest.net/result/1504198147.png

Chastity@ASUS
09-27-2011, 02:09 PM
K, I decided to forego sleep and get this working... apparently Apache has this native SENDFILE app to transfer files, and running on Windows, is TOTALLY SLOW. So after disabling that and MMAP in the config, I suddenly fixed my throttling issues :)

Let me know how things are working.

Bulldog_182
09-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Hi I am only new to this Chastity.

I see you have a Download for ASUS Driver and Application Disc for G73JH is this just a download to replace the Disc that you get with your Laptop if damaged or lost or is this a updated Disc with most upto date drivers and apps. Just looking at doing a fresh install of Win7 soon and having fun working out which of the drivers and app I need to download that are updated 1's of the 1's I have.

Thanks

Chastity@ASUS
09-27-2011, 04:35 PM
it's just an iso of the disk that comes with the unit, nothing new. :) Some retailers do not include it, thus why I have them online.

Bulldog_182
09-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks all good

Bekarasha
09-27-2011, 04:58 PM
K, I decided to forego sleep and get this working... apparently Apache has this native SENDFILE app to transfer files, and running on Windows, is TOTALLY SLOW. So after disabling that and MMAP in the config, I suddenly fixed my throttling issues :)

download speed still slow http://i53.tinypic.com/2i8ydex.png

btw is it possible to download win 7 HP with integrated SP1 not separete like you posted :)

Nutype
09-27-2011, 06:17 PM
you can get official windows 7 from microsoft directly and legally.
use this link : http://techpp.com/2009/11/11/download-windows-7-iso-official-direct-download-links/
or just google windows 7 iso

note: you need the same version that came with your laptop for your key to work, sp1 links are below

Also a question, I need to install 285.38 beta drivers that just came out to run the battlefield 3 beta. can i just get it off the official site or will i need a modded inf, or will they not work at all. Thanks

JRd1st
09-27-2011, 06:28 PM
You might need a modded INF. Depends on which adapter you have.

Check here http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?4459-285.38-GeForce-drivers-beta-are-out&p=31731&viewfull=1#post31731

Chastity@ASUS
09-27-2011, 07:09 PM
I just added a modded 285.38 on the main page that should work with any of the nvidia models out there. You should at least try the pack from nvidia direct to see if you can use the unmodded drivers. If not, use the one I posted.

Chastity@ASUS
09-27-2011, 07:10 PM
download speed still slow
btw is it possible to download win 7 HP with integrated SP1 not separete like you posted :)

I need to murder this server.... I'll work on it when I get home later. Grrrr

Jinky
09-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Any idea for a laptop fix after bios 202, new atk and a fresh WinPro64. My back light does not work with the current fix.

Nutype
09-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I totally forgot to include my specs. I have a g53jw with a 460m, these drivers should work properly with this right? I remember before when I had a 9600m gt, modded drivers would cause the laptop to not wake from sleep and other things. I believe these issues have been fixed by NVIDIA themselves?

Chastity@ASUS
09-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Any idea for a laptop fix after bios 202, new atk and a fresh WinPro64. My back light does not work with the current fix.

Try FN+F4 first :) If that doesn't work, reboot the machine and let me know if it flashes during POST.

Bulldog_182
09-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi just a bit of quick help with the LAN downloads which 1 do I use for JH or is 1 a more updated 1

Thanks

LoneWolf3574
09-28-2011, 11:03 AM

25-50 KB/s each file (2 atm) according to DownThemAll! Much better than the 2-5 KB/s I was getting before.

johnkook73
09-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Hello everyone,

I just recently purchased the G74SX-3DE from XOTICPC.

I have been having some issues...

First my keyboard-sometimes my left shift key goes in and out. Cursor moving to random places, backspaces, etc. Light on keyboard goes in and out. I have tried numerous things that I have read on here including the new ATK drivers.

Second I just installed the NVIDIA 285.38 beta drivers and now my keystrokes have become very slow and laggy. This laptop has been running great except with all these keyboard issues. Oh also my interenet explorer is now lagging and seems slow with the video driver update.

Please help, thanks John

JRd1st
09-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Do a restore to a time before you installed the nVidia 285.38. That should take care of the lag.

Did you flash the BIOS 202 update? You can find that in the first post of this thread.

johnkook73
09-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Do a restore to a time before you installed the nVidia 285.38. That should take care of the lag.

Did you flash the BIOS 202 update? You can find that in the first post of this thread.

Oh I just noticed it only lags when typing on web pages..no lag when typing on the computer.

When you are talking about flash, do you mean updating? The ASUS live update downloaded the BIOS 202 for me the other day.

Thanks for the help.

JRd1st
09-28-2011, 03:54 PM
You can't just download a bios file, you have to flash the BIOS with it.

BIOS flashes can brick a computer so it's important to do it correctly. The best and safest way to do this is to use the Easy-Flash utility built into the system BIOS. First you need a blank flash drive formatted to FAT 16/32. Extract the BIOS file from the G74SxAS202.zip file and copy it to the formatted (FAT/FAT32) usb flash drive. See page A-15 of the G47SX Manual for Easy-Flash directions.

Here's a guide I found for Flashing ASUS BIOS's (http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/174395-bios-update-guide-asus-notebooks.html)

JRd1st
09-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Oh I just noticed it only lags when typing on web pages..no lag when typing on the computer.

Turn hardware acceleration off in your browser. See if that helps.

johnkook73
09-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Turn hardware acceleration off in your browser. See if that helps.

That worked!! Thank you!!

johnkook73
09-28-2011, 05:09 PM
You can't just download a bios file, you have to flash the BIOS with it.

BIOS flashes can brick a computer so it's important to do it correctly. The best and safest way to do this is to use the Easy-Flash utility built into the system BIOS. First you need a blank flash drive formatted to FAT 16/32. Extract the BIOS file from the G74SxAS202.zip file and copy it to the formatted (FAT/FAT32) usb flash drive. See page A-15 of the G47SX Manual for Easy-Flash directions.

Here's a guide I found for Flashing ASUS BIOS's (http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/174395-bios-update-guide-asus-notebooks.html)

Not sure if I am ready to do that lol..I did hit F2 and saw the easyflash. I might try it when I get the nerve. I need to buy another flash drive.

I looked to see what version I had by typing msinfo32 and it says its SMBIOS Version 2.6

JRd1st
09-28-2011, 05:15 PM
OK. At least the "laggy thing" is fixed!

You know you can just format the flash drive in Windows.

JRd1st
09-29-2011, 12:40 AM
ThrottleStop 3.50 (http://www.techinferno.com/downloads/?did=8) is released if anyone is interested. Don't see any release info yet.

JRd1st
09-29-2011, 01:09 AM
I looked to see what version I had by typing msinfo32 and it says its SMBIOS Version 2.6

That's not the same thing. The latest BIOS for the G74sx is v202, and it DOES address some keyboard issues. I'm not sure if yours is addressed, though.

Look HERE - http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?3076-G74SX-Keyboard-Issues-ATK-1.0.00010-BIOS-202-Available-(SOLVED)

johnkook73
09-29-2011, 10:28 AM
That's not the same thing. The latest BIOS for the G74sx is v202, and it DOES address some keyboard issues. I'm not sure if yours is addressed, though.

Look HERE - http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?3076-G74SX-Keyboard-Issues-ATK-1.0.00010-BIOS-202-Available-(SOLVED)

I got ya, I hit F2 and looked and it says Version 202, so is that the latest? I just had the laptop built at the end of August from XOTIC PC. I might try to reinstall ATK again.

JRd1st
09-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Yes, its the latest.

LoopInEXUS
09-29-2011, 11:26 AM
What's the Power4Gear super hybrid engine only for SW? I can't seems to get any engine other then the normal P4G utility.. any help?

johnkook73
09-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Yes, its the latest.

Ok, Thanks again for all your help.

kyactivetm
09-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Your Verde 280.26 WHQL ModINF link for the G53JW/SW is broken mate.

Gnrrico
09-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Merci beaucoup ;-))

JRd1st
09-30-2011, 04:31 PM
There's a new driver for that Atheros WiFi at Asus FTP ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/WLAN/WLAN_Atheros_Win7_32_Z920432.zip for anyone that's interested

mairton
10-01-2011, 04:55 AM
Hi all, I just got my G74SX-A1, and I'm noticing it too slow on startup, so I will go for a clean install. But first, I can't download de G74SX drivers from here, it gives me a timeout error!
Also, what are all the fixes that are needed? Wich programs are really useful? What exactly to install in a clean install? I mean, the Asus "softwares". I'm sorry for the questions, but i've not found a post that says this exactly.

PS: I already upgraded BIOS to 202

Thanks in advance!

LoneWolf3574
10-01-2011, 10:06 AM
mariton, your G74SX should have come with a drivers cd/dvd. As far as useful ASUS programs, I wouldn't bother with GameFast if you already have GameBooster and ASUS Vibe Fun Center is just a way toned down version of Windows Media Center imo. Rotation Desktop for G Series is entirely up to you, I have no need for it personally. USB Charger is another thing that's up to you if you want charge devices via usb when your system is in a standby state.

mairton
10-01-2011, 04:49 PM
but aren't the drivers in this thread more up to date than the ones in the cd/dvd? Or should I go for the ones in Asus homepage?

JRd1st
10-01-2011, 05:33 PM
but aren't the drivers in this thread more up to date than the ones in the cd/dvd? Or should I go for the ones in Asus homepage?

Some of them are more up-to-date than the drivers CD, but if you want up-to-date, find another trusted source because you won't find up-to-date on the ASUS site, or on many other manufacturers' sites, either. Chastity's post is AWESOME, but her server has been on the fritz and she's a really busy person, these days, so it's not as up-to-date as it could be.

StationDrivers (http://www.station-drivers.com/) is pretty good (click on the yellow "drivers" button for drivers sorted by device manufacturer.) ASLO, look for drivers on the device manufacturers' own sites. Intel, Realtek, nVidia, etc.

mairton
10-01-2011, 06:26 PM
What about recovery partition? Should I wipe that?

JRd1st
10-01-2011, 06:46 PM
That's up to you. I did. Or you can leave it be. It only wastes space, in my opinion.

If you want a Recovery option, try Acronis TrueImage Home 2012. It costs 49.99 (I think) but it's a cheap price when you consider how much time it can save you. It allows you to make a full drive/partition image of any drive/partition on another drive. It has a utility for making a Recovery CD so you can still use it to recover an image even if windows won't start.

ALSO, leave Windows Restore enabled. It comes in really handy to undo things that can cause problems.

mairton
10-01-2011, 06:51 PM
If I clean install, should i install all drivers from the dvd, and then just update then? Or is it better if I install the newer version of it?

JRd1st
10-01-2011, 06:57 PM
That's up to you. I would try to find new driver versions but most of the divers on the DVD are useable. But at least go to the ASUS site and download any newer versions.

mairton
10-01-2011, 07:00 PM
About ATK, should i stick with 1.0.0008 or get the 1.0.00010? Is there any guide available on clean install? Wich drivers go first, wich asus programs are really needed for full functionally notebook, any fixes, etc?

JRd1st
10-01-2011, 07:29 PM
I would install ATK 1.0.0010.

I'm sure there's a clean install guide someplace. Google it. But the first driver to install is the Intel Chipset drivers. I guess the lan/wifi drivers would be good so you can download other drivers. lol

And you need to install Win7 Service Pack 1. Then the rest of the Win7 updates.

You can use the activation key on your laptop's bottom to activate Win7.

It's a big job, but you should learn to do it. ;)

mairton
10-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Actually i know how to do it. I had an Asus f9s, and I've made plenty of clean install (between hard drive changes). It was just a guide for this one, but I guess it will be no problem. Btw, thank you!
I just got some doubts about fixes, I mean, do I need to get the ThrottleStop stuff or anything like that?

JRd1st
10-01-2011, 08:02 PM
I installed ThrottleStop to try it, but I don't feel like I need it yet, so I'm not using it.

HwInfo64 is useful for temps.

The main thing is don't install a lot of Asus apps, and I would stay away from that AV they include. I use NOD32 and it's really easy on system resources.

mairton
10-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I like the smart security from ESET, never had any problem with it, and it's reallyyy easy on resources, compared to others. I'm gonna redo my installation, Thanks a lot JRd1st

Chastity@ASUS
10-02-2011, 03:18 PM
People: PLZ stop posting tech support questions about systems in this thread. This thread is only about the drivers and apps, and to announce new additions. Please post a new thread about system questions. This thread is already huge. :)

Wrstlr316
10-03-2011, 12:03 AM
People: PLZ stop posting tech support questions about systems in this thread. This thread is only about the drivers and apps, and to announce new additions. Please post a new thread about system questions. This thread is already huge. :)

I can't seem to get the download I need (G74) to ever start downloading, is this a known problem ?

I tried skimming through some pages to see if it was known or not but like you said this thread is rather huge... LOL

Pyro411
10-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Chastity,

The ATI version 11.09 revision of the 3 packages on the first page has been released as of 9/28/2011 :)

Sorry to say I have not tested these as my laptop is currently in Fedex's hands.

Eaglesniper
10-03-2011, 06:45 PM
May I ask why the Keyboard fix is taking two hours to download a 74MB file?

Pyro411
10-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Eaglesniper;

That is because Chastity is personally hosting the files for the convenience of the users here to be able to find it all quickly. Please be patient and if you're having troubles with completion of the download you could try the browser plugin downthemall.

Eaglesniper
10-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Eaglesniper;

That is because Chastity is personally hosting the files for the convenience of the users here to be able to find it all quickly. Please be patient and if you're having troubles with completion of the download you could try the browser plugin downthemall.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound aggravated. I actually thought it was an issue on my end at first.

I'm going to download it while I'm gone today and hopefully it should be complete by the time I get back. The speeds seem to have improved since my last attempt at downloading it, so that's a bonus ;)

Edit* however, the link is now no longer working

Chastity@ASUS
10-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Added AI Recovery 1.0.15

1) Added option to save to ISO files \o/
2) Burns discs properly \o/

I got volunteered to erase my JH and restore with this... of course Acronis backed up my HDD first :)

This Recovery system restores the HDD to factory new, and not the state of when it was created.

ispywithmyeye
10-06-2011, 01:29 AM
Are there any latest drivers for WD Scorpio Blue? I bought mine from BB and the driver date was still back at 2006 >_< I don't see any drivers for western digital on the first post so..

zZdencheeZz
10-06-2011, 04:24 PM
GREETINGS!
sorry for this stupid question. just a newbie here. based on the 1st page what drivers/applications should i download for asus g53sw-a1?
or any tips what should i do before anything else. thanks

xanax95
10-06-2011, 11:55 PM
I just received my g74sx-th71, do you guys know which downloads I should get from the first page?

front360
10-08-2011, 03:52 PM
I just received my g74sx-th71, do you guys know which downloads I should get from the first page?
You could download anything with g74sx or [SX] noted, if you like.

TheOriginalTO
10-09-2011, 04:38 AM
Chastity, just a heads up, Realtek has newer drivers out found on their site. Same for intel, if you just search in google you'll easily find them. AMD 11.09WHQL is also out on their site and a 11.10 2 preivew for rage/BF3 can be found here for download http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=351986

Just a few things i've noticed to attempt to keep your page up-to-date.

Thanks for everything!

Chastity@ASUS
10-10-2011, 11:51 PM
My new space will be available shortly, and then I'll do updates. :)

JRd1st
10-11-2011, 12:34 PM
There's a new Sentelic driver on Asus - ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/Touchpad/Touchpad_Sentelic_Compal_Win7_64_Z9158.zip

JRd1st
10-12-2011, 01:44 PM
There's also a new Fresco USB3 driver - ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/USB3.0/USB3_Fresco_Win7_64_Z3460.zip

And a new (for Asus ;) ) Atheros driver - ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/WLAN/WLAN_Atheros_Win7_64_Z921432.zip

And ANOTHER new Sentelic Touchpad driver - ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/Touchpad/Touchpad_Sentelic_Win7_64_Z9170.zip

front360
10-12-2011, 03:29 PM
There is also a newer ATK Package 1.0.0013 for Win 7 x64 - ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/ATKPackage/ATKPackage_Win7_64_Z100013.zip

Chastity@ASUS
10-12-2011, 04:55 PM
OK, updated the links :)

wanfeilwong
10-13-2011, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the drivers ^_^

JRd1st
10-13-2011, 12:41 PM
New Atheros BT drivers
On Asus - ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/Bluetooth/Bluetooth_Atheros_Win7_32_Z74090.zip
Or StationDrivers (much faster download) - http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/atheros/bluetooth/Atheros_AR301x_74090-w7(www.station-drivers.com).exe

ANOTHER new Fresco USB3 driver
On Asus - ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/USB3.0/USB3_Fresco_Win7_64_Z3520.zip

And ANOTHER new ATK PAckage
On Asus - ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/ATKPackage/ATKPackage_Win7_64_Z100014.zip

Any chance of finding out what's new in these ATK Packages, Chastity?

midihooker
10-14-2011, 02:05 AM
any news for a touchpad fix??

peace..
peter

g73sw user from sweden

torrz
10-14-2011, 08:15 AM
I cant seem to use bluetooth even after installing the driver, it says my bluetooth is turned off, any idea? It is turned on btw, FN + F2. BBK7 model...

JRd1st
10-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Start another thread for your problem. This one is reserved for new driver news.

Thanks!

front360
10-14-2011, 03:16 PM
I cant seem to use bluetooth even after installing the driver, it says my bluetooth is turned off, any idea? It is turned on btw, FN + F2. BBK7 model...
I believe the Best Buy model does not have bluetooth.

JRd1st
10-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Holy crap! there's a 203 BIOS for the G74SX ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/G74SX/G74SxAS203.zip

xanax95
10-14-2011, 09:30 PM
do you know what the new bios changes/fixes?

Chastity@ASUS
10-15-2011, 04:18 AM
Iknow they didn't implement my suggestion for a FN+Calc = Numlock toggle...

JRd1st
10-15-2011, 05:39 AM
Iknow they didn't implement my suggestion for a FN+Calc = Numlock toggle...

Well, it was a sensible suggestion so maybe they'll still do it. After all, why would a gaming keyboard have a calculator key in lieu of numlock!? Makes no.sense....

cam602
10-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Have just updated to BIOS 203, now have the numlock led lit up, but its still a calc key, have already updated to atk 1.0013, could you please post a list of changes for bios 203

omega939
10-16-2011, 12:26 AM
is that bios 203 beta? can work with this model too? G74SX-BBK7

Chastitiy can confirm what revision for that bios is for?

dewittken
10-16-2011, 03:18 AM
Chastity, any pay option to download the first entry's files? I am downloading at about 48kbps. I do appreciate you providing these to us very much. But it keeps timing out for some reason and I have had to restart the download a few times.

I just installed a SSD on my g74, need the clean OS install and since I did not get a DVD to clean install, I need the full OS On your link.

Scoter
10-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Chastity, any pay option to download the first entry's files? I am downloading at about 48kbps. I do appreciate you providing these to us very much. But it keeps timing out for some reason and I have had to restart the download a few times.

I just installed a SSD on my g74, need the clean OS install and since I did not get a DVD to clean install, I need the full OS On your link.

Direct link for Windows 7 Home Premium x64 from microsoft's official retailer
http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65733/X15-65733.iso

Alfonsus
10-16-2011, 03:33 PM
is that bios 203 beta? can work with this model too? G74SX-BBK7

Chastitiy can confirm what revision for that bios is for?

BIOS 203
1.Fix the bug that 2D/3D switch function should be implemented on power on button (M key) instead of hotkey Fn + C
2.Optimize Aflash2 tool

http://id.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G74SX/#download

midihooker
10-16-2011, 08:04 PM
when doing a clean install, do i need to re-update firmwire and BIOS to after?? just updated my firmwire for thr drive and bios is the newest.

JRd1st
10-16-2011, 08:09 PM
No, firmware stays where it is..... FIRM-ly. :D

Chastity@ASUS
10-17-2011, 07:15 PM
No, the firmware updates are not affected by OS / software

JRd1st
10-17-2011, 08:04 PM
There's another Sentelic Touchpad Driver - ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/Touchpad/Touchpad_Sentelic_Win7_64_Z9177.zip

Hopefully, all these new drivers means they're getting better? :D (Looks like the files were compiled this month! )

dstrakele
10-18-2011, 09:42 PM
There's another Sentelic Touchpad Driver - ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/Touchpad/Touchpad_Sentelic_Win7_64_Z9177.zip

Hopefully, all these new drivers means they're getting better? :D (Looks like the files were compiled this month! )

Thanks, JR! Your message above was the FIRST thing I read after uninstalling Sentelic 9.1.7.0 and backrevving to 9.1.5.8 (also as notified by you). I was having too much trouble with 9.1.7.0 cursor freezing for about 20-30 seconds every time I attempted to edit text. Plus the cursor kept changing from the default small arrow to a hand with a counterclockwise blue swirl between thumb and index finger. This new non-default cursor also made it difficutl to select items. It would change back to default over time, but I often had to reconfigure because I just couldn't stand it anymore.

So now I'm running 9.1.5.8 and missing the 3 finger push into Aero 3D Flip mode. I decided to uninstall 9.1.5.8, rebooted, downloaded and installed 9.1.7.7, and rebooted again. This new version has much better 2 finger scrolling and it can approximate the endless scrolling of 9.1.5.8 (i.e. you can remove your finger from the pad and it will scroll to the end). This was a feature I enjoyed that was removed in 9.1.7.0.

It completely resolved the 9.1.7.0 cursor lockup on editing and unexpected cursor icon change issues. I know you don't like touchpads, but I do, and this has made a big difference in the enjoyment of my system. Thanks!

I think Selentic 9.1.7.7 should replace the buggy 9.1.7.0 version currently in the Driver and Application Reference Sticky Thread: http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1150-G73-74-53-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference

JRd1st
10-18-2011, 10:35 PM
After that glowing review, I might install this myself!

LoneWolf3574
10-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Chastity, if I might make a suggestion. When new updates become available, place a release date after them. IMO it would make it simpler for us to determine if we need them or not. Just a suggestion, :)

Dragonix
10-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Does the 205 BIOS and new ATK really fix the missing keystrokes problems for G73JW?

I don't want to risk the BIOS update if it's not really necessary. :/

asrulik
10-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Hey there!
I just formatted my G73JW.
I saw there is a driver guide in the first post of this thread but it's general to all G73s
Any chance there's a guide specifically for G73JW for reinstalling all the drivers and such?
Thanks alot in advance!

JRd1st
10-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Hey there!
I just formatted my G73JW.
I saw there is a driver guide in the first post of this thread but it's general to all G73s
Any chance there's a guide specifically for G73JW for reinstalling all the drivers and such?
Thanks alot in advance!
I don't think we have a guide like that.

But you need to install the Intel Chipset Inf (http://pcaudio.ath.cx/stuff/infinst_auto.exe) drivers first.

From there you can see what you need to install by looking in Device Manager and seeing what devices have no drivers yet.
You can look at this guide and skip down to where you are in the process. : D http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/468027-complete-walk-through-doing-clean-windows-7-install.html

dstrakele
10-19-2011, 07:01 PM

Be aware the Selentic 9.1.7.7 gestures are still primitive compared to those on a smartphone. Sometimes they will require more than one try to work, particularly if the cursor is not in a "free" state (i.e. drag lock is enabled so that something can be dragged and you attempt a 3 finger up gesture to enter Aero 3D Flip mode). The Zoom In and Zoom Out gestures are also hit and miss at times. I believe that the implementation of gestures in Windows 7 is much like the implementation of Blue Tooth, so I don't have high expectations and am happy when something works.

Gredler
10-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Direct link for Windows 7 Home Premium x64 from microsoft's official retailer
http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65733/X15-65733.iso

Don't mean to be a skeptic, but is this correct? I've been trying to download the universial windows 7 installer all day, but have also gotten terrible speeds and have timed out at one point or another before getting to far.

Does this work, is it confirmed by anyone?

If so, thanks! Great speeds on this DL (15 mins total as compared to 6hr's)

JRd1st
10-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Yup! It's real.

legofinder
10-21-2011, 12:35 AM
I noticed that the Realtek Audio driver v2.63 link has 404ed. Where can I get that download?

JRd1st
10-21-2011, 12:54 AM
From Realtek or maybe StationDrivers.

Icemanforlife
10-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Chastity Atheros WiFi AR5B95/AR9285 v9.2.0.113 (default Wifi card) (8/16/11) takes me to a website and has me download a program called driver boost. I have to pay for the program it seems in order for me to download the drivers through them.

JRd1st
10-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Dont use that link, use the one for 9.2.1.432

jamesh
10-21-2011, 07:57 PM

I installed this. It actually seemed to exacerbate the problem for me. But then again, it doesn't seem to be a software issue. Sometimes it just goes hog wild and lurches everywhere. When that happens, no new-fangled driver seems to have the ability to correct it. :(

JRd1st
10-21-2011, 08:04 PM
This fixes the driver latency in the original driver, for sure. If you're going on your tp issues, don't. This was a different problem.

Did you do a clean install of Windows? That's what I did and I've experienced minimal issues. Really, my biggest issue was that wifi driver.

thegreatest
10-21-2011, 10:03 PM
I just bought a G53SW-XN1 and I did the BIOS update and the keyboard backlight and volume buttons stopped working. I tried to use the "Loss of Keyboard Lights After Flashing BIOS" fix but it is an invalid URL. Anyone have a working link?

JRd1st
10-21-2011, 10:09 PM
I think you need to update your ATK package. Uninstall the old one and install the new one. It's here - http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1150-G73-74-53-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference&p=35001&viewfull=1#post35001

thegreatest
10-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Thanks that fixed it.

I have another question. Are the other drivers in the first post kept up to date? Like the GPU driver towards the top?

Thanks for the help.

JRd1st
10-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Sort of. Chastity updates when she has time, so it depends.

Do you have nVidia or ATI?

thegreatest
10-21-2011, 10:48 PM
nVidia GTX 460M. I went to the ASUS website and got the driver. Anything else you recommend downloading as far as drivers and updates go? Good programs to have? Thanks again

JRd1st
10-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Update your Atheros wifi driver to 9.2.1.432. (It's in that post)

The nvidia driver at Asus is sort of old, but it's the newest stable one. If you're gonna be playing bf3 you want 285.38 (also in that post)

HWInfo64 is good to monitor your temps.

thegreatest
10-21-2011, 11:10 PM
OK I got the wifi driver and HWInfo but the link in the first post for the video driver is broken. I tried this one "[JW/SW/SX] Modified 285.27 Beta for NVIDIA (for those who cannot use the normal Verde Beta package)".

Have another link?

EDIT: Nevermind that was the wrong one. I have it downloading now. Thanks!

jorlanm
10-22-2011, 01:41 PM
AUDIO R2.66 drivers are out...

teekaleek
10-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Is there a mirror available for the Realtek Audio Driver (v2.63) or a newer version out? Seems as if the link in the OP is down

BrodyBoy
10-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Is there a mirror available for the Realtek Audio Driver (v2.63) or a newer version out? Seems as if the link in the OP is down
Realtek (http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false)alsways posts their latest drivers. They actually just put up a new one a couple days ago.

midihooker
10-23-2011, 05:39 PM
AUDIO R2.66 drivers are out...

cool..thanks!

wanfeilwong
10-23-2011, 06:32 PM
new sentellic drivers finally make the 2 finger scroll smooth.....now the only problem is that the 2 finger click is now a right click and not a middle click...and only works sometimes

JRd1st
10-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Can't you modify those gestures?

wanfeilwong
10-23-2011, 08:17 PM
In the previous version 9.1.5.8 I could modify the gestures. Not in the new version though.

Icemanforlife
10-24-2011, 05:23 AM
I currently have the Realtek drivers 6.0.1.6162 published in 7/21/2010 for the G73SW. Are the ones listed on the first page for this laptop and has anyone seen a audio quality improvement by updating to the newest version?

Dragonix
10-24-2011, 07:50 AM
Does the 205 BIOS and new ATK really fix the missing keystrokes problems for G73JW?

I don't want to risk the BIOS update if it's not really necessary. :/

I have updated my BIOS to version 205 and updated both ATK and Touchpad drivers and I can now confirm that this indeed does fix the missing keystroke problem on G73jw.

I have also found a nice program to enable two finger scroll on Synaptics touchpads. It's called ... TwoFingerScroll, you can download it from HERE (http://code.google.com/p/two-finger-scroll/downloads/list). I know that original Synaptics drivers have that option build in, but it's not that accurate and smooth as this little program.

It made internet browsing much more fun, but it has some downsides too. In order to work properly you have to disable pinch-to-zoom option in Synaptics settings. Sometimes it gets confused with both options enabled.

JRd1st
10-24-2011, 10:43 AM
People, if you have issues or questions please either start a thread or post them is an appropriate one that already exists. :D

Chastity wants to keep this one for new drivers/apps news.

Thank you. :-)

TripleZero
10-24-2011, 12:25 PM
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU124AMDCat1110PreDriverV3.aspx

Anyone that is getting BF3 needs to install these for best performance.

JRd1st
10-24-2011, 01:04 PM
For those with the Synaptic touchpad; this driver reportedly provides smoother performance.

http://drivers.synaptics.com/Synaptics_v15_2_20_C_XP64_Vista64_Win7-64_Signed_Marketing_SGS94_UI-Scrybe.exe

I'm not saying it cures any glitchy problems, just that I was told "the touchpad works much better. I haven’t had erratic cursor problems so far" - Ramusters (http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?883-Troubleshooting-ASUS-G73-Touchpad-Problems&p=37767&viewfull=1#post37767)

ALSO - there's a nVidia 285.62 WHQL http://www.geforce.com/News/articles/nvidia-geforce-285-62-whql-drivers-released

nVidia 460m Cards Supported
%NVIDIA_DEV.0DD1.01% = Section070, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&SUBSYS_203D1043
%NVIDIA_DEV.0DD1.02% = Section072, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&SUBSYS_20401043
%NVIDIA_DEV.0DD1.04% = Section076, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&SUBSYS_20421043
%NVIDIA_DEV.0DD1.05% = Section078, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&SUBSYS_20431043
%NVIDIA_DEV.0DD1.06% = Section080, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&SUBSYS_20441043
%NVIDIA_DEV.0DD1.07% = Section082, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&SUBSYS_20451043
%NVIDIA_DEV.0DD1.08% = Section082, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&SUBSYS_20461043
%NVIDIA_DEV.0DD1.09% = Section083, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&SUBSYS_20471043
%NVIDIA_DEV.0DD1.10% = Section084, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&SUBSYS_20481043

nVidia 560m Cards Supported
%NVIDIA_DEV.1251.01% = Section066, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1251&SUBSYS_13B71043
%NVIDIA_DEV.1251.02% = Section066, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1251&SUBSYS_204A1043
%NVIDIA_DEV.1251.03% = Section085, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1251&SUBSYS_204B1043
%NVIDIA_DEV.1251.04% = Section085, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1251&SUBSYS_21001043

And there's another Atheros Wifi driver ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/WLAN/WLAN_Atheros_Win7_64_Z921459.zip

Cypz
10-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Latest Power4Gear version 1.1.47 (2011-10-11)

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=P4GHybrid&p=3&os=30

:cool:

TheOriginalTO
10-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Latest Power4Gear version 1.1.47 (2011-10-11)

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=P4GHybrid&p=3&os=30

:cool:

That is for SW G series only.. look at the bottom of the OP

/edit NvM.. going to check it out. Apologies.

Crogge
10-25-2011, 12:48 AM
I have a problem to connect to http://pcaudio.ath.cx/, anyone knows what's going on there?

I could offer webspace if the host has problems to hold the current load of downloads.

sennevdb
10-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Does anyone know if I can get Asus Rotation Desktop anywhere? I'm thinking of installing a vanilla Windows 7 Professional, but it won't contain said app and I don't seem to be able to find a download for it... And if I do want to find one, this seems to be the perfect thread for it.

fuzon1337
10-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I am also having problems with downloading the content from that site and open it :S I hope it will be available soon.
(http://pcaudio.ath.cx/stuff/G73_KBTP_Fix.zip)

NeoteriX
10-26-2011, 05:00 AM
Is there a new changelog for the ATK Package 1.0.0.00014 (10/25/11) ?

llth33577
10-26-2011, 05:57 AM
HI ALL
HEP ME I USER asus g73jh rbbx05 turbo boost not working

Aibee
10-26-2011, 08:33 AM
OMGGGGG I've been looking everywhere for the G73JH recovery disc ! The link at the first thread is not working for me :( anyone can help me plesase ? I need to download this one ->
Asus Driver and Application Disc for G73JH MD5:

BrodyBoy
10-26-2011, 10:06 AM
OMGGGGG I've been looking everywhere for the G73JH recovery disc ! The link at the first thread is not working for me :( anyone can help me plesase ? I need to download this one ->
Asus Driver and Application Disc for G73JH MD5:
I'm not sure, but maybe Chastity took her uploads offline while she's off the Forum.

In any event, you would probably save time by just downloading the specific drivers you need. Those original driver discs are usually outdated before they even ship, so you'd do better to just figure out the drivers you need and get the latest version of each.

TheOriginalTO
10-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Intel Chip-set 5 update for ASUS G73JH http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3172&DwnldID=20019&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Laptop+Chipsets&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%c2%ae+5+Series+Chipset&lang=eng

9.2.0.1030 and if you go back to the download page you'll find an updated Rapid storage driver as well.

sjaak
10-26-2011, 11:42 PM
the PowerDVD 9 OEM 7.02.815 9.030.0950 links seem to be broken?

JRd1st
10-26-2011, 11:45 PM
They are. The person on whose server they are hosted has been asked to lay off the forums until further notice. http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?5244-Until-Further-Notice

WhirledNews
10-28-2011, 03:48 PM
The Windows 7 link doesn't work, along with about 1/4 of the others...

dstrakele
10-28-2011, 04:17 PM
See JRd1st's post just above yours for the reason. For Windows 7, see http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1150-G73-74-53-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference&p=36765&viewfull=1#post36765

WhirledNews
10-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Cool, thank you!

Can I ask you another question? I just bought an ASUS G74 SX XN1, which has an empty hard drive bay that I want to put my SSD in. Can I just plop it in there, and run a disc with that ISO on it and use the windows product ID that came preinstalled on my new laptop? I have started it the lappy up already and updated Windows, will that matter?

dstrakele
10-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Although I've no experience with SSD's, I understand some come with a transfer program to move your current Windows installation to the new SSD. But burning the ISO image to DVD and and using it to install Windows 7 to the SSD will also work. Then you have a clean installation minus the ASUS bloatware and need only to install the drivers of the components you desire.

For additional info on installing an SSD, see this thread: http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?5242-Installing-SSD-on-new-g74sx

For additional questions, please start a new thread. This one is for drivers and ASUS apps only.

WhirledNews
10-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Great thanks again, I posted in that thread and made a new one earlier, will wait for more responses.

sjaak
10-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Ok, Thanks! I must have missed that.

jondank
10-29-2011, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by jondank

Chastity

Now 68 days since I did this and still no more BSODs.

JRd1st
10-29-2011, 01:09 AM
That's interesting, but sleep is a function it should be able to perform. If it can't then something is defective. I can't be sure, but I don't think Chastity meant for you to leave your sleep functions turned off, but that was a troubleshooting step.

Perhaps one of your RAM sticks is bad? Or some program you run in the background doesn't like to sleep. In any case, you should find the reason instead of settling for a lesser notebook experience. You spent a lot of money on that thing, right?

groo
10-30-2011, 03:58 AM
They are. The person on whose server they are hosted has been asked to lay off the forums until further notice. http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?5244-Until-Further-Notice

The Power DVD links point directly to ASUS servers, and the files are no longer there, nor are they on the asus public FTP server anymore. Something is up with that, but I don't know what. I was looking for the app as well, since I removed it and now want it back.

I found something called sonic dvd. I'm downloading that, to see if that's what I wanted. It's under /pub/asus/nb/apps/sonicdvd on the FTP serer, or here for http: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps/SonicDVD/SonciDVD_Win7_64_Z58582321.zip

g73jh
10-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Good job to gary and chastity for modding this bios or thru flash programming.I personaly can't modify my bios without tools.I've uptated both motherboard and vbios.Only problem i have now is there are very few overclocking tools that will work with this bios.I personnaly had very few bsod screens of before this update.I modded the bios for 1.75V.Did u guys put a trigger in there for modded bios.I see chastity used same prog i did, at least the prog tell's me so.I like to overclock within reason and have never ruined aanything doing so.Just feel i should reach 14000 as ive seen many 460M do it.THX chester

OzzieMandrill
10-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Hello Chasity,

There seem to be some issues with the Power4Gear utility. I wasn't able to update the Power4Gear files with the provided download. The installation almost completes, then everything is reversed and the installation-manager tells me that the installation was interrupted. So I tried to reinstall my old version- the same result.

I don't know whether I am the only person with these problems. I think there is something wrong with the installation-manager.

Yours, Ozzie

griphine
10-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Hello Chasity,

No graphic drivers for G53SX ? :x

zeneil
10-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi,

I just bought an Asus g74 3d a day ago, and I was wondering if I have to update all my drivers? If yes, which one specifically, there's a lot here and I'm not really sure which is which for the model I have.

dstrakele
10-30-2011, 07:19 PM
If you only update one driver, I recommend updating the Atheros Wireless Network Adapter to version 9.2.1.432 or later. Earlier versions of this driver cause DPC Latency, which results in perfomance issues.

BrodyBoy
10-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Hi,

I just bought an Asus g74 3d a day ago, and I was wondering if I have to update all my drivers? If yes, which one specifically, there's a lot here and I'm not really sure which is which for the model I have.
I sympathize with your confusion.....there are too many drivers posted and too little guidance on what you actually need. Aside from updating from the known-to-be-bad Atheros driver as dstrakele mentioned, I'd just wait and see how the current setup works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

zeneil
10-30-2011, 07:28 PM
If you only update one driver, I recommend updating the Atheros Wireless Network Adapter to version 9.2.1.432 or later. Earlier versions of this driver cause DPC Latency, which results in perfomance issues.

That's it? How aout my bios, I want to get the most out of my laptop so I'm willing to update everything if needed. But I'm not really sure which are necessary.

zeneil
10-30-2011, 07:31 PM
I sympathize with your confusion.....there are too many drivers posted and too little guidance on what you actually need. Aside from updating from the known-to-be-bad Atheros driver as dstrakele mentioned, I'd just wait and see how the current setup works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I have one problem, I noticed windows explorer tends to crash after I just loaded Witcher 2 (haven't tried it for any other game), how do I fix that?

dstrakele
10-30-2011, 07:33 PM
If you use Numpad shortcuts in games and want to have a Fn key to enable/disable 3D, you'll want to update your BIOS to 203. Confirm you have an esrlier version BIOS. Copy the BIOS 203 file to a USB flash drive formatted to FAT32, and access that file from the EasyFlash utility in your current BIOS. See http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/174395-bios-update-guide-asus-notebooks.html for all your BIOS Flashing needs.

I think you may also need to update your ATK Package to 1.00.0014 to get the Fn-Spacebar key to enable/disable 3D. Uninstall your current ATK Package from Control Panel - Uninstall a Program - REBOOT - then install the ATK Package 1.00.0014.

CORRECTION: CTRL-T may be the key combination to Enable/Disable 3D that is added by BIOS 203

dstrakele
10-30-2011, 07:39 PM
I have one problem, I noticed windows explorer tends to crash after I just loaded Witcher 2 (haven't tried it for any other game), how do I fix that?

ASUS Web Storage has been implicated in EXPLORER.EXE crashes. Configure it NOT to run at startup through MSCONFIG.EXE or uninstall it. There is also a Post-SP1 Microsoft Update that addresses EXPLORER.EXE crash issues. Confirm it is installed on your system.

I'd confirm the Microsoft Update first to see if it resolves your issue, then remove ASUS Web Storage from Startup if it doesn't.

BrodyBoy
10-30-2011, 10:15 PM
I think a new user can usually do more to optimize their machine by removing bloatware than they can by updating drivers. Not that I have anything against updating drivers to address known problems or performance issues- that's a given. But issues often arise from software that doesn't "play nice with others," so removing pointless, unused programs is a good first step in avoiding conflicts.

Or better yet....nothing beats a clean installation that never had all that junk to begin with.

zeneil
10-31-2011, 12:25 AM
If you use Numpad shortcuts in games and want to have a Fn key to enable/disable 3D, you'll want to update your BIOS to 203. Confirm you have an esrlier version BIOS. Copy the BIOS 203 file to a USB flash drive formatted to FAT32, and access that file from the EasyFlash utility in your current BIOS. See http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/174395-bios-update-guide-asus-notebooks.html for all your BIOS Flashing needs.

I think you may also need to update your ATK Package to 1.00.0014 to get the Fn-Spacebar key to enable/disable 3D. Uninstall your current ATK Package from Control Panel - Uninstall a Program - REBOOT - then install the ATK Package 1.00.0014.

Speaking of numpad, is there any way for me to have a numlock key?

dstrakele
10-31-2011, 01:24 AM
Not at present. That will require another BIOS update. In 203 Numlock is ON and cannot be turned off.

randy
10-31-2011, 02:08 AM
i need help i bought bf3 for my g73 jh its been re done cas i brok my hard drive i down loaded the amd catalist driver 11 10 ver 2 it crases sometimes some times it works for a hole day with out crashing on ultra and now it is crashing more often i get grey lines lighter and darker from top top bottom of my monitor the hole way across why would it do this i deleated my grafics driver the one i installed and i could play bad company 2 with no driver? is there more then one grafics driver im so confused email me to my email please i would be so grate ful or ill call the costumer servece thanks :)

zpwkc7
10-31-2011, 02:15 AM
I'm having the same issues as Randy. Originally starting with my never updated display drivers from 2009, I was able to play anything and everything I had installed, including Crysis 2 almost to full settings (Over-heating beat that one down right quick), but everything else ran well. After the update, both the one that updates to 9/8/2011, as well as the beta update, which shoots to 10/16(?)/2011, both of these drivers consistently crash my display. The display shoots to (usually) black and gray lines running from top to bottom, but I've seen white and gray, and red and gray. This doesn't only happen when trying to play BF3, as I've seen it happen in ME2, as well as just sitting on facebook. If you guys have anything that you think would help, I would greatly appreciate it. I've been fighting this issue for a week with nothing. Thanks.

dstrakele
10-31-2011, 02:43 AM
Hi randy and zpwkc7,

It could be the newer driver is causing the issues on your system, or your system is overheating. For the driiver as cause, see my referenced post:
Hi Randy,

When you uninstalled your AMD driver, Windows 7 installed a Microsoft VGA driver on the next boot. I see many reports of Video driver installations gone bad and have read 2 schools of thought on successful video driver installation.

The first school says just install the new video driver over the old one with nothing special. Attempting to uninstall your current driver prior to upgrade will just create problems.

The 2nd school recommends cleanup of any remaining video driver files after uninstalling the current driver. In your case I would go with this school. See my referenced post in another thread below:
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showth...ll=1#post39213

If your system uses the NVIDIA driver, just replace CCC and ATI in the referenced procedure to NVIDIA.

Be aware that you may need to roll back to an earlier driver version to maintain stability. Restoring your system to an earlier time may be the easiest way to accomplish this.

I recommend monitoring GPU and CPU temperatures with SpeedFan to see if you are overheating. If you are getting up into the 90's C, you may need to do some cooling maintenance such as blowing out your fans and exhausts with compressed gas or have a repaste performed on your GPU.

zeneil
10-31-2011, 04:14 AM
ASUS Web Storage has been implicated in EXPLORER.EXE crashes. Configure it NOT to run at startup through MSCONFIG.EXE or uninstall it. There is also a Post-SP1 Microsoft Update that addresses EXPLORER.EXE crash issues. Confirm it is installed on your system.

I'd confirm the Microsoft Update first to see if it resolves your issue, then remove ASUS Web Storage from Startup if it doesn't.

How do I know if I have this installed? And how do I check my current BIOS version?

dstrakele
10-31-2011, 04:42 AM
For ASUS Web Storage, launch MSCONFIG.EXE, select the "Startup" tab, and search for AsusWebStorage. UNcheck the checkbox next to it and restart your system. It will no longer launch on Startup.

For the Microsoft Update I discussed, launch Windows Update, choose to View Update History, and search for KB2515325. If it is not listed in Update History, install it.

System Information will display BIOS Version/Date.

zeneil
10-31-2011, 05:08 AM

I just did and also installed the ATK package, but when I press Fn+Sbar it just changes from High Performance/Entertainment/Etc.

dstrakele
10-31-2011, 05:18 AM
That's all I get with ATK 1.00.0014, but I don't have a 3D model. I recommend you PM PILGRIM.
He'll be better able to help you with your 3D issues.

kevinloh
11-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Hey Chastity,

I installed the ATK Package 1.0.0.00014 (10/25/11) and Synaptics 15.3.13 pack. But after that I can't enable/disable the touchpad using the function keys. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it's still the same. Do you have a workaround?

Thanks.

BrodyBoy
11-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Hey Chastity,

I installed the ATK Package 1.0.0.00014 (10/25/11) and Synaptics 15.3.13 pack. But after that I can't enable/disable the touchpad using the function keys. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it's still the same. Do you have a workaround?

Thanks.
Are you sure you have a Synaptics touchpad? Synaptics drivers have an annoying habit of allow installation on computers that don't even have Synaptics hardware. If you have a G74, you may well have a Sentelic touchpad.

PS: Chastity is no longer providing direct support here, for the time being.

JRd1st
11-01-2011, 10:10 AM
G74 may have Synaptic tp's. Both types were used in that model. ;-)

BrodyBoy
11-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Yes. I was just suggesting that it's a good idea to confirm the hardware, since Asus doesn't make it obvious which model was used. But that's more about eliminating confounding issues, as I believe it's the ATK driver (exclusively) that controls these kinds of keyboard associations.

To that end, I'd suggest completely uninstalling the ATK package, rebooting, re-installing it, and rebooting again.

ricksaint
11-01-2011, 01:14 PM
I had the same issue and BrodyBoy helped me solved it.
My computer has a Sentelic pad (which is working fine now) but the Synaptics driver was installed (even came out of the box with the latter!)
Here is how to find out:
Disconnect external mouse
Using touchpad, go to Device Manager/Mice and other.../Synaptics...
Right-click and choose Properties
Click on the Details tab
Click on down pointing arrow and choose Hardware ids

If you see STLC141 then you have a Sentelic touchpad installed and should use this:
Sentelic 9177 package (ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/Touchpad/Touchpad_Sentelic_Win7_64_Z9177.zip)

JRd1st
11-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Wow, came with the wrong driver installed ...

We have to cease having conversations in this thread. When you have issues or questions post them in an appreciate existing thread or state a new one. Pleeze...... :-)

mstcobra
11-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Does anyone have another link to the "Windows 7 Universal Installation DVD" The pcaudio server is only letting me download it at about 30kbs :/

dstrakele
11-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Does anyone have another link to the "Windows 7 Universal Installation DVD" The pcaudio server is only letting me download it at about 30kbs :/

http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/428068-legal-windows-7-download-links-just-like-vista-before.html#post5437866

mstcobra
11-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by mstcobra

http://forum.notebookreview.com/wind...ml#post5437866

Kipper
11-01-2011, 07:24 PM
I had the same issue and BrodyBoy helped me solved it.
My computer has a Sentelic pad (which is working fine now) but the Synaptics driver was installed (even came out of the box with the latter!)
Here is how to find out:
Disconnect external mouse
Using touchpad, go to Device Manager/Mice and other.../Synaptics...
Right-click and choose Properties
Click on the Details tab
Click on down pointing arrow and choose Hardware ids

If you see STLC141 then you have a Sentelic touchpad installed and should use this:
Sentelic 9177 package (ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/Touchpad/Touchpad_Sentelic_Win7_64_Z9177.zip)

Having problems with the touchpad here so I followed your advise and found I also have the Sentelic touchpad but had the Synaptics drivers installed.

Wiping the drivers for the synaptics and uninstalling the device and will now give the correct drivers a go.

Thanks

andytaro
11-01-2011, 07:49 PM
I was looking to update the firmware for my G53SW-XN1, but was unsure which driver that would be..

BrodyBoy
11-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Just go to the product page for your model and see what the latest BIOS is....you can download it directly from there.

kevinloh
11-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Are you sure you have a Synaptics touchpad? Synaptics drivers have an annoying habit of allow installation on computers that don't even have Synaptics hardware. If you have a G74, you may well have a Sentelic touchpad.

PS: Chastity is no longer providing direct support here, for the time being.

Hi BrodyBoy,

Yeah I confirm that my G53SW is using a Synaptics touchpad. I did what you said but it's still the same - fn + F9 still doesn't work for the touchpad.

JRd1st
11-01-2011, 10:58 PM
We have to cease having conversations in this thread. When you have issues or questions post them in an appreciate existing thread or state a new one. Pleeze...... :-)

Kipper
11-03-2011, 06:23 AM

Yep, you are right, the thread is or has gotten out of control and off topic and I am guilty myself.

Maybe when Chastity comes back on line she can start a new clean driver thread and we can close this one. Maybe she would like to turn the thread over to you since you have one going now also.

Chastity@ASUS
11-03-2011, 04:46 PM
I haven't abandoned ship just yet fellas :)

I don't like closing this thread since I still want feedback on new driver updates.

JRd1st
11-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Hurry back, Chastity! This place is a madhouse and sometimes it takes 4 pages to do that you do in one post. lol Really!

xeromist
11-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Yep, you are right, the thread is or has gotten out of control and off topic and I am guilty myself.

Maybe when Chastity comes back on line she can start a new clean driver thread and we can close this one. Maybe she would like to turn the thread over to you since you have one going now also.

We can also move all of the OT posts into a discussion thread. It would take a while to go through 70 some pages but we could thin this out.

***if anyone decides to do that, feel free to outright delete this post*** :)

JRd1st
11-03-2011, 06:18 PM
I would do it but I don't have the power.

xeromist
11-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Chastity's thread so her call.

JRd1st
11-03-2011, 06:52 PM
That makes sense. :thumbsup:

BrodyBoy
11-03-2011, 07:14 PM
My two cents worth:

There are too many driver threads, and too many drivers posted without clear description of their proper application. Most laptop owners, including G-series owners, don't know or care about the technical details of all this stuff. They just want two quick answers....what drivers are they supposed to use, and where can they get them.

To that end, I'd suggest these two threads:

LOCKED STICKY: G73/G53 Drivers
LOCKED STICKY: G74 Drivers

Drivers only....not a bunch of other third-party utilities and ISOs and dead links. Just the current drivers for the specific model. No chitchat.

Feedback & questions should go in another place, sticky or not, for those of us who actually like to discuss these things. Link it in the driver sticky, so people can dive in at their own discretion. ;)

mrpcpete
11-05-2011, 03:12 AM
I've spent a good part of 2 days looking through this forum and others at notebookreview... and tried to make sense of what is the best setup to have in terms of drivers for audio and perhaps graphics.

I currently have a G73JH with v213 BIOS running Win7 Home Premium X64. I've owned this laptop since May 2011.

The main problems I've been experiencing are random freezes - and no event logs records the actual problem. Sometimes, I can pull the power cord out of the laptop and it will turn off (while battery is connected).. and sometimes to ensure it boots up correctly, I removed the ac power and the battery... press the power button to discharge any power, and insert battery and ac adaptor, boot up and we are fine again.. until it randomly happens again. Very frustrating indeed.

The other issue is I experience is when using the laptop to watch movies on the my TV - I connect the G73JH to my TV using HDMI. Sometimes if it sits there, and the screen would go off... and you try to wake it up.. you can't ... doesnt matter whether you remove the HDMI... or do anything.. once again.. must reboot.. remove battery and ac adaptor... blah blah... Yes, I have adjusted my power management settings accordingly.. and no it doesn't go into sleep mode, or hibernation mode... cause I have adjusted so it never does while AC power is connected.

If I remove all the creative software.. cause personally I dont care about EAX functionality.. as I dont really play games.. I do video editing mostly. But if I remove the all the audio drivers and just install the Realtek HD drivers... and the Realtek ATI drivers... I dont get sound coming through HDMI. I've seen all these posts with modded audio drivers... and not sure I need that.. cause I don't care for the few extras you get. I just want sound that works, and want no hassles when using my laptop when its connected to a screen via HDMI.

My question is, what can someone suggest in terms of audio drivers? Do I really need the creative crap on my G73JH? If not, what package do I use to have decent sound that is going to work with HDMI? I recently removed all audio and installed Realtek R266 and Realtek HDMI (ATI) R264 - but found I get no sound coming through on HDMI.

Also.. if the freezes with HDMI relate to the Asus ATI driver... should I update the latest from the ATI website for the HD5870?

Sorry if this has been answer previously... but I did attempt to search and read as much as I can.. but I don't have time to go through every single page of every forum relating to this device. I see that Chastity seems to have good knowledge of all this.. and has some drivers etc that are posted on an external site.. which have been helpful.. but some links on that page are no longer valid... for example the "Creative Audigy HD MB Windows 7 Compatibility Update" is not available... and some at the beginning of this thread are not valid also... so I am stuck... where to go.. what to do... some friendly and knowledgeable advice would be greatly appreciated as I am at my wits end on these issues that have plagued me since owning this laptop since May this year.

BrodyBoy
11-05-2011, 03:22 AM
I don't know about ATI, but with an nVidia card, you need to install the HD Audio component of the nVidia driver to get HDMI sound. Does the ATI driver have something similar?

As for audio drivers, I always go with just the latest Realtek driver.

Mrwounderful
11-05-2011, 08:04 PM
My two cents worth:

There are too many driver threads, and too many drivers posted without clear description of their proper application. Most laptop owners, including G-series owners, don't know or care about the technical details of all this stuff. They just want two quick answers....what drivers are they supposed to use, and where can they get them.

To that end, I'd suggest these two threads:

I agree we need a simple thread one with just how to update and another one for questions and run around's. in a technology information world you can have too much information. I've found it that way too. what should be a simple thing such as updating drivers such as vbios has been made into seeming like a full part reassemble of windows 7, when it's clearly not.

nerfer2
11-07-2011, 07:27 PM
The ATI Crap Cleaner link doesn't work? Does anyone have a working one?

JRd1st
11-07-2011, 07:29 PM
I wish. I don't think it exists outsiide Chastity's server. Lol

nerfer2
11-07-2011, 07:35 PM
I wish. I don't think it exists outsiide Chastity's server. Lol

How long has it been gone for?

Aether
11-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Realtek Audio driver v2.63 (07/20/11)

( That link doesn't work ) Where to download that?

edit:

http://pcaudio.ath.cx/

Download Link in this one works, but it's 2.61 ( June/2011 )