PDA

View Full Version : g74sx-bbk9 not receiving any power

jorict
03-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Alright, so I just bought my g74sx-bbk9 about 5 days ago. It was having some problems coming out of hibernate, so I just disabled hibernate all together. It had been working fine for about 3 days until today, when rather than sleeping it I completely powered it down. When turned on, nothing happened, all the lights came on but no boot up. About a minute later, it completely shut off. It now will not receive any power via battery or charger. I can still take it back I believe, but I much would rather fix it then either taking it back or getting it fixed and have to go several weeks without a laptop.

I'm new here, hope I'm in the right place for help lol.

BrodyBoy
03-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Do you see anytrhing at all on the screen when you try to boot? Can you boot into BIOS Setup?

jorict
03-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Do you see anytrhing at all on the screen when you try to boot? Can you boot into BIOS Setup?

Currently it doesn't even receive power, no lights. No spin up from the HDD, nothing.

BrodyBoy
03-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Currently it doesn't even receive power, no lights. No spin up from the HDD, nothing.
Obviously, that's bad. If it cannot even start up to enter the BIOS, there's a serious failure.

Since it's only five days old, you should take it back and get a replacement. DO NOT let them engage you in any talk about repairs, warranty, etc. Once you go down that road, you take ownership of this brand new laptop's defects....with a product this new, you should expect it to be fully functional and not defective.

jorict
03-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Alright then. Thanks for the quick response and the advice.
Hopefully I can get it replaced and have a computer that doesn't break....

BrodyBoy
03-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Alright then. Thanks for the quick response and the advice.
Hopefully I can get it replaced and have a computer that doesn't break....
Me too.. :) Good luck, and keep us posted.