PDA

View Full Version : games on g series anyone?

DEFTSTAR
03-07-2012, 08:51 PM
back in those days i use to play prince of percia black & white pixel graphic, iwish i could those to install on my g series,
back in the days we install using the 7inch floppy(that old days...) :p

what is your fave old time games and would love to have it back on a desktop/laptop, share with us:rolleyes: .

Area 66
03-07-2012, 09:01 PM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. II ...if they change their mind and release it I promise to buy a ROG G series

back in the days we install using the 7inch floppy(that old days...) :p .

do they make 7" ? I remember the 5 and the 8" Doom was the best game I installed from a Floppy , if I

remember , it was a 386 ( what brand it was......, I will find )

The first Computer I own was a Tandy II with 8" floppy no HD , 1979, this is how it's look

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj432/dataxpert/tandy.jpg

DEFTSTAR
03-07-2012, 09:36 PM
do they make 7" ? I remember the 5 and the 8" Doom was the best game I installed from a Floppy , if I

remember , it was a 386 ( what brand it was......, I will find )

i think it was around that size i could not remember, yeah and also doom the best game ever.

i think that is the best two games on the pc back then, with the huge mouse with no scroll and 3 button hahaha

Area 66
03-07-2012, 09:39 PM
those 3 buttons mice , what a mess sometime, should not start a tread talking about old stuff, I gt excited to remembers those days.. me MAC, PC, Amiga, I love anything that have a processor.

DEFTSTAR
03-07-2012, 10:09 PM
hahaha yeah what a mess, with the big "clunky" keyboard. back than i think i have macintosh with the color full pineapple logo

well starting this thread just to get out with all the trouble we do have to "remember that old days of pc" lol.

the modem sounds trying hard just to get connection.

n1ghtl1fe
03-07-2012, 11:58 PM
i remember hours with duke nukem and wolfenstien on my old DOS machine was i was younger. the good old days, i still have the 51/4" floppy copies of the game lol

DEFTSTAR
03-08-2012, 03:24 AM
heck yeah me too...

Area 66
03-08-2012, 03:39 AM
i..... wolfenstien

ya I forget this one....

grungeboy2
03-08-2012, 05:51 AM
for the record i have copies of escape velocity and duke nukem installed for nostalgia/entertainment reasons.

Signal2Noise
03-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Perhaps the thread title should be "Old Games on G Series Anyone?". :)

I too enjoy keeping old game titles installed on newer tech. The one that I always have installed is Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri which is still my most favourite game to date.

But with a lot of the older games they can become problematic to install/play as Windows and hardware evolve. This is why Good Old Games (gog.com) is a great resource. For little money you get DRM-free games that have been patched/modified so they will run on the latest systems. I have bought most of the D&D series even though I already own the original retail releases and Starflight which is a classic I have on 5.25" floppies complete with code wheel! :)

Good thread!

DEFTSTAR
03-08-2012, 07:49 PM
**** i need to find those and install right now on my g74 lol :cool:

Zygomorphic
06-11-2012, 10:02 PM
For the record, I enjoy Doom whose Microsoft Windows port still runs on the Windows 7 64-bit...weird. On the other hand, one of the guys at Microsoft got Excel for Windows 3.1 running on Windows 8 x86 :). Now that is not a game, but a real wow!. Sometimes even the old games can be run...Commander Keen, savior of the galaxy! Actually, Commander Keen, King's Quest, RAMA and other such games run excellently in DOS Box. Myst can be run, but requires Windows 3.1, which will run under Virtual Box or another similar program.