PDA

View Full Version : Asus Matrix GTX 580 warantee

nikkis_300zx
03-08-2012, 12:14 AM
I bought my GPU ( ASUS Matrix GTX 580 ) from USA and got it delivered to Greece. After playing for a couple of months
perfectly fine it started making problems, displey drivers stopped responding and has recovered, black screen etc, now all it does is going up to the point of the little flag of windows loading then black screen and stays there or blue screen and system restarts on it's own. I thought it was a drivers issue so things i have tried so far: change slots ( after a couple of tries and restarts it started working again, for a day and then the same problem), clean install of windows and latest drivers from nvidia, clean install of windows vista and drivers still nothing. Tried all the drivers out there still the same problem, put the GPU in a friend's computer and still the same. After the flag of windows it does nothing. called to asus service center here in Greece and said there was nothing i could do as the warantee is locally and does not apply here. Sending it back to US it costs a lot and then back to greece so i am in a tough spot. And i am not even sure what the card has. Any help would be much appreciated.

Gman257
03-09-2012, 02:51 AM
Hello my fellow Greek. Have you tried booting up with the Matrix in safe Mode? Does it make a difference like letting you get past the boot screen?