View Full Version : Keyboard caps

01-03-2011, 09:15 PM
I don't know what else to call them, the little pieces that are the key surface one presses. Like, a, b, c...

I dropped something on my ASUS,sad, and it popped one of the pads loose and another one completely off. Specifically the PgUp and the -/_ keys.

Anybody know how to get the PgUp key back on? I think I see how it goes but can't make it "stick".

tia... Bob

01-03-2011, 09:57 PM
On my netbook (not an ASUS) you just have to push a little bit harder and rock your finger back & forth to get the key clipped back on. I've yet to find a keyboard that didn't work this way unless something was broken.

01-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Tried that as you suggest, was not successful. Thanks anyway.

01-05-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm afraid I don't have an ASUS laptop at hand to investigate further. Hopefully someone else has an idea.

01-06-2011, 04:20 AM
Worst case scenario is a new keyboard off ebay for $20