PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Got the new Chakram, Joystick not working in steam & other questions

Brighttail
02-20-2020, 11:53 PM
So I've been trying it out and have done the following so far. I've updated the firmware and Armory II software as suggested in the manual. Now it wants me to download Armory Crate and I'm not sure why? It doesn't say to do so in the manual, but it was a pop up that came up after I finished the firmware upgrade. Any reason why this is? I'm unfamiliar with the Armory Crate software and will give it a go but it seems strange that the manual wouldn't suggest me to download the Crate software first, especially considering how new this mouse is.

Concerning the Steam gaming and using the joystick. I have followed the instructions in the manual which says to switch to profile 3 and to go into the Steam Settings to have steam identify the Chakram as a gamepad device. It found the Chakram easy enough but i'm not sure what to do next. I can map any of the buttons to a particular button of a gamepad but nothing seems to work. I have tried to games, one to just see if I could move using the joystick and another game to see if I could swing a golf club. Nothing is happening. The mouse just sort of disappears and nothing seems to be going on. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Overall the mouse seems pretty awesome. Buttons are quite responsive and feel good to press and the scroll wheel is probably the best of any of the Asus mice I have used. The Spatha for example felt really sluggish and heavy. The Chakram feels light and spins nicely. I haven't tested the battery life yet as I just got it so I've got the RGB on full to see how long it will last. The wireless mode is also very good and I can't notice any distinguishable lag or latency. It is right up there with the Logitech G903 and the buttons on the Chakram feel MUCH better and satisfying.

Brighttail
02-26-2020, 03:43 AM
It is a shame that no one has this mouse yet or if they do they don't want to admit to it. :)

Nihondzin
03-12-2020, 08:21 AM
I have one!
Everything working great!!!

E33et
06-18-2020, 09:05 AM
Hello,

Also bought the ROG Chakram, and can't assign button in Steam control bindings. I've updated successfylly to the latest firmware and latest ROG Armoury II but unfortenly it still not working have following KitGuru setup guide but it doesn't works at all for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZPydBuOFOk

Hope Asus and Steam can give us better support. otherwise it works great.

Regards
e33et

MasterC@ROG
06-19-2020, 04:41 AM
Hello,

Also bought the ROG Chakram, and can't assign button in Steam control bindings. I've updated successfylly to the latest firmware and latest ROG Armoury II but unfortenly it still not working have following KitGuru setup guide but it doesn't works at all for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZPydBuOFOk

Hope Asus and Steam can give us better support. otherwise it works great.

Regards
e33et

Did you switch to Profile 3 and reset (revert to default settings)?

E33et
06-19-2020, 06:29 PM
Did you switch to Profile 3 and reset (revert to default settings)?

Nope, but i will give it a try, otherwise perhaps theres a issue or bug drivers/firmware, thanks for the reply.
I'll report back if it still doesn't detect button/axis assignment.

Regards
e33et

MasterC@ROG
06-22-2020, 02:07 AM
Some people get excited about customising all the profiles before setting up the joystick. You'll need the default settings for profile 3 because the controller buttons need to be assigned and the joystick needs to be in analog mode.

Nope, but i will give it a try, otherwise perhaps theres a issue or bug drivers/firmware, thanks for the reply.
I'll report back if it still doesn't detect button/axis assignment.

Regards
e33et

E33et
06-22-2020, 05:27 PM
Some people get excited about customising all the profiles before setting up the joystick. You'll need the default settings for profile 3 because the controller buttons need to be assigned and the joystick needs to be in analog mode.

Thx MasterC@ASUS, didn't know that it has to be on Profile 3 in ROG Armoury II, at last i wish that u had an universal RF 2.4Ghz so my Gladius II Wireless mouse works also on same dongle, annoying to have multiple RF donlge, you could do something like Logitech did, connect more devices to same dongle.
Now i connect Gladius II Wireless through Bluetooth, but i want possible to connect multiple RF devices.

Best Regards
e33eet

MasterC@ROG
06-23-2020, 06:43 AM
Connecting multiple RF devices simultaneously to the same receiver affects gaming performance. Bluetooth is great for convenience and power saving, but limited to 125Hz polling rate. To set up the joystick, make sure to connect via the RF receiver.

E33et
06-23-2020, 06:50 AM
Connecting multiple RF devices simultaneously to the same receiver affects gaming performance. Bluetooth is great for convenience and power saving, but limited to 125Hz polling rate. To set up the joystick, make sure to connect via the RF receiver.

Sorry if i was unclear, but what ment it would be great if u can turn off rf mouse when u want to switch, but still connected to the same RF-reciver, if your devices can handle it, i'll know Bluethooth is great but with limit feature in Armoury II

t0matofish
02-10-2022, 10:39 PM
I use a rog chakram core and it's not working on steam

I did everything noticed here and nothing seems to to work
steam not detect the rog chakram core as a controler

it seems that the stick is recognised by windows because some games as genshin impact detect it as a joystick but not steam

Nate152
02-13-2022, 02:50 PM
It's a Steam issue.

My ROG Chakram Core is no longer detected as a controller either.

Just checked again, still not detected as a controller in Steam.

t0matofish
02-24-2022, 07:56 AM
the strangest is that some games recognize the stick but not steam
it's like it was just a steam problem

I tested with another PC with armoury crate and it still not working

and beside all classics controllers still working

Nate152
03-07-2022, 09:44 AM
Your ROG Chakram and Chakram Core should show in Steam as a controller now.

It will likely need reconfigured.

t0matofish
03-09-2022, 08:05 PM
Now steam detect something but the rog chakram core is detected as 5 differents controllers (possiblely 1 per button or entry)

it seems to need more work to work exactly as in this video by asus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHdNO_FeXLY ...

t0matofish
04-08-2022, 04:01 PM
it's make 4 mounth that I got my rog chakram core and I still can't use it in games

Nate152
04-09-2022, 12:51 PM
What I find is that the joystick does work, it defaults to my emotes in Destiny 2 but I am unable to configure it as a controller.

t0matofish
04-09-2022, 07:47 PM
on my steam client I see 5 differents controllers attached to my rog chakram core92657

Nate152
04-09-2022, 08:53 PM
Mine looks similar, you can name the controller to Chakram Core then click on it and click "Define Layout" to configure the joy stick with Left Stick X and Left Stick Y.

You can also configure the controller in Big Picture Mode. I'll play around with it some more and see if I can get it working.

Big Picture Mode

MasterC@ROG
04-12-2022, 08:31 AM
Steam did not understand why this mouse was detected as a joystick and blocked the Chakram Core for a few weeks (did not affect Chakram), but I have contacted them and it should be fixed now. I have verified on my end. Please try again.

MasterC@ROG
04-12-2022, 08:41 AM
By the way Chakram owners, you can add the launchers for other platforms into Steam (Epic, Battle.net, Origin/EA). This way, more non-Steam games can have analog joystick support.

1. Add the platform to Steam. https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/4B8B-9697-2338-40EC
2. From Steam, launch one of the other platforms (Origin for example).
3. Launch the associated games (Apex Legends for example).

*** Must remember to disable auto-start for the launchers (so they don't launch automatically upon reboot) ***

Nate152
04-12-2022, 10:37 AM
I can confirm the ROG Chakram Core is now working as a controller in Steam, adding the Epic launcher to Steam, the joystick works with Fortnite too.

t0matofish
04-16-2022, 03:41 PM
finaly!!!!!
it works

thanks you guys

t0matofish
04-19-2022, 07:30 PM
now that's my macros wich not works...

Nate152
04-19-2022, 07:33 PM
Have you created your macros in Armoury Crate?

At the top left of Armoury Crate click Device, Macro is at the bottom of the list.

t0matofish
04-19-2022, 08:59 PM
yes my macros are create in armoury crate

sorry for the language I'm french

Nate152
04-19-2022, 09:23 PM
Thank you for the screenshots.

I'm not too familiar with macros, but when you have the joystick set as a controller for movement, it can't be used as another setting.

Disabling the ROG Chakram Core as a controller should give you your macros back.

MasterC@ROG
04-22-2022, 04:01 AM
We did find an issue with the macros, and we're working on a solution as quickly as we can. Thanks for reporting it, and sorry for the inconvenience.

now that's my macros wich not works...

t0matofish
04-27-2022, 06:53 AM
the strangest is that all other functions of the stick are working

I can easely associate a key on all directions of the stick and it's work perfectly
But when I associate a macro nothing happens

and yet i haven't changed anything
but just after an update
nothing appens when I use the macro

MasterC@ROG
05-04-2022, 01:59 AM
Mouse SDK v2.01.20 was just released, can you update and check again?

the strangest is that all other functions of the stick are working

I can easely associate a key on all directions of the stick and it's work perfectly
But when I associate a macro nothing happens

and yet i haven't changed anything
but just after an update
nothing appens when I use the macro