PDA

View Full Version : G74SX Touchpad turns on at times with USB Mouse/Typing/FN-F9 inop (FIXED!!!)

Aphilli4
03-08-2012, 06:29 PM
I registered just to share this with you guys. I have a G74SxBBK7. I always use a USB mouse and have the TP disabled while USB mouse is connected. When I went to do a system restore I created an issue with my touchpad intermittantly turning on with my USB mouse connected, FN/F9 inop, and TP active while typing. After cleaning USB ports, doing a wipe/recovery, and installing driver updates did nothing, I discovered that this only happens only with the USB Port that I generally use with the mouse (LF).
This mouse was also plugged into this port durring the restore and wipe/recovery. (DOH) Took me a week to get this far. So I unhooked my mouse, Uninstalled USB 3.0, Sentelec, ASUS Charger, and ATK. Downloaded and installed them separately. I did the Charger and ATK at the same time, thats when the problem was actually solved. I have been going 2 days with NO problems on my problem port. Hope this helps you all out!

Aphilli4
03-08-2012, 10:11 PM
whys the date on my post 1/1/2010? its 3/8/12

fuzon1337
03-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Lol, it's trolling you :)

EDIT: did you try to update the drivers for the touchpad before going through all that?

Aphilli4
03-09-2012, 04:20 AM
sure did. i was about to send it in. 3 days now no problems. Just dont have your usb devices (mouse in my case) plugged in while installing these drivers. lmao.

ColonelS
03-09-2012, 06:12 AM
ahh nice glad that is fixed