PDA

View Full Version : Touchpad issues - Try this before anything else

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy
03-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Sentelic touchpads

Hello all. I received my g74sx today and had issues with my touchpad in regards to sporatic and unreliable usage. Was very hard to use it precisvely. It would jump, click, renable with mouse plugged in, etc all on it's on. After searching the threads I became scared I had made a bad purchase decision.

Instead of following all of the trials and tribulations stated in these threads I decided to just uninstall the Sentelic touchpad/driver and reinstall 9.1.3.5. Select remove all drivers and software.

Upon reboot I ran the file f2uip.exe. Tried the touchpad and the problem was solved.

I did however notice asus live update asking me to redownload the web bios flash utility. Relevent or not it's always worth noting these things. #hashtag

I tried finding the very long thread with pages upon pages to post this as well but to no avail. Brody in that thread you stated you RMA'd. So perhaps you could post this in that thread for me.

Hope all is well for everyone and hope to see you around.

Derek

BrodyBoy
03-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Sentelic touchpads

Hello all. I received my g74sx today and had issues with my touchpad in regards to sporatic and unreliable usage. Was very hard to use it precisvely. It would jump, click, renable with mouse plugged in, etc all on it's on. After searching the threads I became scared I had made a bad purchase decision.

Instead of following all of the trials and tribulations stated in these threads I decided to just uninstall the Sentelic touchpad/driver and reinstall 9.1.3.5. Select remove all drivers and software.

Upon reboot I ran the file f2uip.exe. Tried the touchpad and the problem was solved.

I did however notice asus live update asking me to redownload the web bios flash utility. Relevent or not it's always worth noting these things. #hashtag

I tried finding the very long thread with pages upon pages to post this as well but to no avail. Brody in that thread you stated you RMA'd. So perhaps you could post this in that thread for me.

Hope all is well for everyone and hope to see you around.

Derek
Again Derek (no need to re-post in multiple threads....we see them all! :)), corrupt driver issues are already quite well-documented here. That's a very different problem from hardware failure, and diagnosing touchpad problems (like all problems) always starts with the assumption that it's most likely a driver/software problem. So driver clean-up is always the first course of action, by default. As you discovered, this resolves most issues, because most are, in fact, just messed up software.

And also again....I've never RMA'd any of my Asus laptops.

tWiCeAsfLyOhMy
03-14-2012, 12:26 AM
It's just the excitement ;) ( You did exactly what I did you were so excited to see me you posted the same in a few different threads )