PDA

View Full Version : Twin Turbo just cycling through performance settings & Broken Expressgate

Aysoos
03-14-2012, 11:47 PM
I have recently acquired the G73SW-BST7 (In Malaysia, tech is slower), and when I first got it, I noticed that the Twin Turbo and the ROG button were not functioning properly. After installing some drivers, I got the ROG button to work, but my Twin Turbo button still just cycles through Power4Gear settings. I've tried many fixes like reinstalling the ATK package and using the cmd fix. Still didn't fix the issue. The expressgate also seems to be nonfunctional.

dstrakele
03-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Are you still within your retailer's exchange/return policy?

Pressing the ROG button (instead of the Power On button) for start up should quickly boot you into Express Gate Cloud. Does this not work on your laptop?

What is the version of the current ATK Package on your laptop?

Aysoos
03-15-2012, 08:31 AM
ATKPackage_WIN7_32_WIN7_64_z100007 <- Current Version

I saw Chastity mention that the G73SW does not come with a Twin Turbo button on one of the G73JH Twin Turbo fixes.
Expressgate isn't really my concern, but I might find it useful one day. I noticed that on the vents, the silver outline gives me a weak shock that is only noticeable when I use the back of my hand. I don't think there is an exchange available, yet I am still within the warranty period.

And when I press the ROG button, it boots me into a Asus logo that is colored, but then reverts to Windows.

I also read a post of another member stating that his G73SW also cycles through performance modes.

I have also noticed that my monitor seems to have flickering issues.

dstrakele
03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
1) Does an ASUS Factory Restore (pressing F9 at the ASUS splash screen and following directions) restore Express Gate Cloud functionality?

2) What does your G73SW manual indicate as the function of the Twin Turbo button?

3) Does the flickering occur mainly on dark backgrounds (like this forum page) at low brightness levels?

Aysoos
03-24-2012, 01:08 AM
I fixed the expressgate by installing it from the Asus websites. Found out I didn't like it. Got rid of screen flickering by updating nvidia drivers. Thanks for your help!

Edit: However I have ran into some problems recently- I may need to RMA it.